The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Oh I agree. Especially when dealing with a guy who's held out twice already and has these agents. If they give him $30 million this year, they had better have specific language to prevent any type of nonsense like a holdout 2 years into the deal. I don't know if that's even possible.

2. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Getting rid of his greedy ass for someone in a skillled position that the Jets need and some draft picks would be much better than the situation they're in now. Although they probably will end up doing that anyway. Good riddance! Can't wait to see him stuck in Detroit or Oakland. Maybe he can ask Bray Bray for some restaurant suggestions. :beer:

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

a 5 year old clown "neener neener told you so"

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Jets aren't trading him? Who the on the Lions would we get, besides the picks? lol

5. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum's track record

Tannenbaum has a great track record of getting the players in on time since he has been here.

The only holdout I recall is Revis during his rookie year. No one can accuse the Jets of being cheap during Woody's ownership. They have repeatedly traded down to get their players, gone out and tried to win at all costs (bringing Favre in) whether right or wrong.

Revis has # years left on his contract. Had he reported on time, the remaining 21 million was guaranteed. I do not for 1 minute believe that the Jets have not guaranteed any money in their offers to Revis when 21 million was guaranteed had he showed up on time. If that was the case, Revis's agents would have publicly stated that right away and then you could say that the Jets were dealing in bad faith by taking away guaranteed money.

To me, the Jets should offer a contract with guaranteed money of 36 million (the 21 that was already guaranteed plus 15) with another 2 years tacked on to the 3 that are currently there which averages 12 mill a year. 5 years 60 million.

Revis is thereby getting more guaranteed money and the Jets are getting him in now and for 2 extra years on his current contract.

There has to be give and take on both sides when Revis is under contract for 3 years right now. That to me is fair to both sides.

Based on Tanny's track record, I belieive the Jets have been fair. Revis is an all time Jet performer on the field, but his comments indicate that he wants to be paid more then anyone regardless of the fact that he is under contract, and if he doesn't realize that breaking the bank for him while he is under contract will result in the inability to keep other young great players we have, then Revis must go

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this deserved it's own thread?

7. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Not true, I just call it like I know it to be. You however, have been WAY MORE on another player's nuts on a different team's message board than I ever will be. :breakdance: Gay much? LMAO

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Only way you'd be able to pull that off is by putting language that says something along the lines that if Revis holds out at any point in his contract he'll have to pay back the entire bonus that he received for signing his contract.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you can't be this fucking stupid......

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

So rather than negotiate with a player, you'd want to just pick players up who have zero leverage? If you don't have to negotiate for a player then he probably isn't very good.

11. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

ITA...they won't be giving into his ludicrious demands.

12. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

I wouldn't attempt to negotiate with someone who isn't negotiating in good faith.

13. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

Question: how effetive would Revis be on another team? It seems like his role is one of the most translateable positions to another team. I mean how could you argue his success was a product of the sceme or the supporting players. He was truly out on an island playing man.

I think a huge trade would not be out of the question even with compensation issues. And honestly with Cro and Wilson, it would seem another team might need him more than we do.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lolol.....

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Minimum for a Revis trade: 2 first round picks AND a young player who's on his way to stardom...plus a team has to be ready to offer him a salary of 12-15 million a year with a 40-50 million dollar signing bonus would be my guess. Who's gonna give that up?

16. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

thats the problem, you'd be offering him 12 mil a year and he wants 16,000,000.50 a year.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm guessing that the Jets probably tried to spread the signing bonus across the terms of the contract while attaching certain restrictions or incentives on them. We'd see him in training camp tomorrow if the Jets are willing to pay him $40 million up front on a 10 year $100 million contract.

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You could be on to something here...Doesn't matter what sport it is. There are a handful of Agents that no one really wants to deal with. You can make bank that if a couple teams, or more, "blacklisted" an agent these players would find alternative representation. In this case, you also have his relative, Uncle Fucker...so aptly coined above...in his ear as well. Revis is getting very bad representation...if he does sit out the year, and a year long lockout ensues next year...as stated in a previous post he STILL owes the Jets another year or two so that is THREE or more years on the bench...he could very well be done. On top of that...tonight at midnight he loses this year for FA eligibility.

I also disagree on a trade. The Jets hold the cards here...what do they really lose? They got three good years from him...if he sits three years they lose nothing. The chances he comes back and plays at a high level are slim to none. Personally, if this guy misses any regular season time he gets everything his greedy butt deserves.

19. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

i don't know anything about anything but i hate Revis. He is on a contract for 3 yaers and that means he should play and honor that contract even if his legs break in half. We can trade him to the Patriots for a 2nd and 5th round draff pick and then we will have plenty of cap room for skills players.

run and tell that.

also I know Revis personally for a long time and he is a prick. and I spoke with his agent today and gave him some solid notes. then i spoke to Woody and told him to trade Revis for 6 first round picks and Peyton Manning, cuz it worked in Madden.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I think it's safe to say that the Jets won't do business with a player working with Alvin Keels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.