The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm going to go by what I heard come out of Revis' mouth over what a writer is speculating could solve the problem.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Weren't Where? Are you pretending to know where all the HBO cameras are at all times? Do you seriously believe HBO isn't going to cover all of this in detail ? ... Stay tuned. :breakdance:

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

revis is being selfish

he signed the contract he should honor it plain and simple

for everyday he doesnt show up id deduct 500,000 from my latest proposal, and ud see how fast his ass would be in camp

he has zero leverage he has 3 yrs left on his deal

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Mehta tweeted that Revis' agents said that HBO asked to be at the diner but they said no. Also, why would the Jets want the added distraction of a messy contract hold out involving their best player just to create additional drama for Hard Knocks?

6. CatoTheElder

You clearly are.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

In 1993 Emmitt Smith held out thruthe first two games. The Cowboys started the season 0-2. Jerry Jones' hand was forced and agreed to Emmitt's demands. The Cowboys went on to wwin the Super Bowl.

This situation can go on for awhile but these things usually find a way of getting resolved

8. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

It says in every article about the meeting that hard knocks want to film it but that they werent allowed to.

9. CatoTheElder

"What I heard come out of Revis' mouth"? Link to that video?

10. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Ian O'Connor. Shitty Yankee beatwriter, shittier Jets beat writer.

11. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

I'd be lying if I said I read all 84 (!!) pages of this thread, however I'm not stressed just yet. Given Revis' youth, conditioning and God given (Revis-given) skill, you think he needs all of training camp? I have no problem with him not being there... he's staying healthy and giving Wilson more reps.

If Revis gets 10 days of practice in, and 1 preseason game that will ALL he needs. He'll get some reps against the Eagles if he shows up in 2 weeks. If he shows up in 3 weeks, he'll have 14 days before the Baltimore game.

I'm not worried... yet. You can't listen to anything Rex, Woody or Mr. T say because it's so clearly just a negotiating tactic.

Wake me up on Sept 6... I'll get concerned then...

12. WhiteShoeWillis

In 2010 Revis holds out the first two games. The Jets start the season 2-0 giving up a combined 21 points vs. Baltimore and New England and Cromartie reels in 3 INT's w/a TD in the process. Team Revis shits and accepts the lowest offer yet from Tannenbaum that Monday.

The Jets go on to win the superbowl 47 to -3 against New Orleans.

13. CatoTheElder

Great example, but I really don't want to see an upside to the Jets' secondary getting ripped apart for the first two games. Especially now since I'm surrounded by Ravens fans.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not until the new CBA and cap number is finalized Murrell. I don't think Woody is gonna jepoardize the financial health of the franchise. Back when Emmitt held out, I believe the parameters were set as far as what Jerry Jones could do. With all the uncertainty of 2011, I don't think Woody is gonna go out on a limb and do a Al Davis type deal that might hinder the team once the new CBA/Cap is agreed on.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

This might take a while.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I for one am glad that the Jets are erring on the side of caution.

Once they blink, they are stuck with the contract that they agree to.

If Revis holds out and we lose a couple games we can always write him a big check later.

If we even go 1-1 Revis will blink as long as neither game is a shootout.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Sanchez is ready for primetime the Jets have a shot at the Super Bowl. If he's not they don't. Darrelle Revis is window dressing on this whole conversation unless Cromartie or Wilson gets hurt and Drew Coleman winds up with signficant time at the nickel with Lowery starting.

That's why I'm not all that concerned about Revis not being on the Jets in 2010. They have the numbers in the defensive backfield to avoid playing bad cornerbacks. They probably should see if they can improve on Coleman as the dime though.

It would be really nice to get Snyder to bite on Revis for a couple of firsts and Carlos Rogers. I don't think Shanahan will go for it though. He loves CB's but he also knows he has a team to build and he won't want to give up the firsts.

18. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

You know, I'm really not worried.

Let's say the worst case scenario happens- Revis really doesn't play this year. Every talking head, pundit and blogger in the country will jump right off the Jets bandwagon. ESPN and Rich Cimini will be sure to let every linebacker, lineman, safety and corner on this team know that they just won't be able to be great without Revis.

Things like that tend to galvanize a unit. "Us against the world" and various other cliches and whatnot. It worked for a much-less-talented-than-the-2010-Jets Giants team when Tiki Barber brushed them off, and Tom Coughlin doesn't have anything near Rex Ryan's locker room weight. With all the new players on this defense, I think this holdout could be something very useful.

If Woody and Tanny are serious about letting Revis sit for the season, I would really like to see one of the good guys in Cortland get paid soon, though. If you're gonna send a message, send a complete one.

19. CatoTheElder

Didn't you know? The worse ownership looks in the relationship with their big players, the more PSLs they're going to sell. It all makes perfect sense.

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

So Woody rejects the latest offer and isn't optimistic about where things are going? Great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.