The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Great team leader? That's a joke. Leaders don't create incredibly messy holdout situations. Professional? Yes. Leader? No way.

Mangold's a great team leader.

2. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

I agree with the gist of this.

Revis will forever damage his career if he sits out an entire season for money. It's sad that he seems prepared to do that.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

How would we ever get through the night without brillant comments like this? Thanks for that earthshattering insight.

Doors? What doors? They met at a diner on rte 17 for a patty melt. These are not serious negotiations. This is silly posturing and playing to the hard knocks cameras.

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Isn't the $1M this year somewhat of a red herring? While his salary this season will be $1M, the average salary over the life of his rookie contract is significantly higher. I did a quick google search and these were the parameters of his rookie deal:

* It includes $11 million in guarantees.
    * The first four years are worth a total of $16 million.
    * The deal voids after four years if Revis hits 35% playing time in the first year or 45% in any of the next three years.
    * If it voids, the Jets have the option of buying back the fifth and sixth years. The fifth year would cost $5 million. The sixth year would cost $9 million or $11 million or $13 million or $15 million, depending on a complicated points system.
    * If it voids after the fourth year, the Jets can’t use the franchise or transition tag on him. The only way they could prevent him from becoming a free agent is to exercise the buy backs.

While it is not the type of deal he is looking for (or worth for that matter), you really can't say he is being grossly under-payed.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Hard Knocks cameras that weren't there?

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yep, just like the black army helicopters that are out there ruining Kellen Clemens' reputation.

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

see the post you quoted

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't see Revis playing another game for us. Not in 2010, not ever. Why? Because we can't afford him that's why. Woody isn't gonna pay the man no matter what and Revis isn't gonna give in.
    Revis is taking the route Sean Gilbert took and is angling for the big payday. Make no mistake folks, this isn't about the Jets anymore, this is about Revis and what he thinks he's worth.
    Get used to it Jet Fans. Mangold and Harris are next at the end of this season. We'll be lucky if we keep ONE of them. You can forget about Holmes/Edwards and Cromartie as well. Perhaps one of them will stay as well. 2012 will see a huge turnover in our personnel.
    Sorry for the gloomy forcast, but I guess Woody really did spend alot of his operating capitol on the new ballpark and just doesn't have the stones to spend big again any time soon.

9. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiRLk8vjIqw[/YOUTUBE]

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I have not heard that anywhere.

11. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

And your expertise in this matter comes from your years spent as an NFL salary arbitrator?

12. Cman68

And who said I was an expert or a Salary negotiator? You did, not me.

13. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Cman, is it about the ballpark, or is it about the salary cap?

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

How the hell did that get in there?

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Revis has not been heard from or seen for the length of his holdout. No appearances, tweets, nothing. It's obvious he is not living his life where he most likely wants it, in Cortland with the team.

Woody's latest comments on not seeing Revis in uniform this season are either the truth or him posturing for leverage. I guessing the leverage is in Woody's corner.

Many of the fanbase have clearly turned on Revis. It's a shame for a guy we all had on a pedistal last season.

This is getting uglier by the minute. Today has not been a good day.

I wish Revis would get his head out of his ass and recommend to his representation that he needs to play football this season. Im sure there is a middle ground out there if you look hard enough.

Come on Revis, get with it!!!

16. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

thank god alCROtraz/wilson look so damn good....we very well may be just as "effective" without Revis......can you imagine the negotiating power Mr T would have if Cro plays lights out??

17. Cman68

I think a lil bit of both benny. Revis doesn't care about the new cap but Woody has to keep an eye on it. The money on the ballpark is cash already spent so he's trying to recoup. The PSL's didn't exactly bridge the gap as they've had to cut prices in half.

18. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

I think your going a little overboard here. If the Jets were to never sign Revis they would be in a much better position to resign all the players you just listed.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Wow the tide has definately shifted. Revis thought that he had us in a lock and that by week 1 he would get us money. Well guess what? wrong.

If Woody isn't going to pay him what he wants under any circumstances then Revis might be the one in trouble. Especially that he's losing all the money he's made by the end of the season. Then a lockout for who knows how long.

I will laugh if at the end of the day Revis ends up in a worse financial situation then me because of his greed.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The DC for the 2000 Ravens was Marvin Lewis. Terrell Suggs and Ed Reed were not on the 2000 Raves either. Michael McCrary and Kim Herring were two guys you did not list along with Rob Burnett and Duane Starks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.