The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No way. Danny Woodhead, Marquice Cole, and Matt Kroul make more of an impact than Revis.

2. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

...and then he takes his knee out and the Jets still have the #1 defense in the league. How can you say Jenkins is more important to this defense when the defense excelled without him even being there. Pouha did exactly what Jenkins was supposed to do, nothing more, and the Jets still had the best defense in the league last year. Jenkins is nowhere near as important to this defense as Revis is. The second half of last season showed that. Easily.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I just blew pepsi out my nose.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's not a trade. Curtis martin was not TRADED to the Jets.

We TOOK him.

And who said Pouha and DeVito I said Jenkins.

Jenkins takes 2 linemen (or more) on every play. That's why you fail at a discussion.
    you can't even make an argument honestly. Revis is a Great player to be sure..But this Coaching staff can, and will live without him if necessary..

A percentage play. As in...You hand the ball off...the RB gets it 99.9 percent of the time.

The Best QB's in football miss 3 or 4 out of 10.

But hey...As I said..you're LOOKING to argue here not me. I've openly advocating paying the man...ALOT...but..better minds than mine (and yours BTW) don't believe in it.

Beli lets prima dona secondary players leave like 2 dollar hos..but then again...he's only got 3 rings.

Parcells would let a guy like Revis go, and replace him with Otis F*ng Smith fcol..but what does he know.

I'd like Revis to be a Jet for life. And he should be paid decently..but to insist that Rex and the Defense has nothing to do with the player? C'mon....

You cant tell me that the current crop in camp today, is not better than the crop we fielded in Indy...

To me that says one thing.

Right now..The Jets would love to have Revis. But today they are a better team than they were the last time he laced up his shoes and stepped on the field.

If he wants Crazy Al Davis money..then he needs to go play for Crazy Al...

And please stop with the 'shutdown corner' argument.

They are not important. The proof is in the pudding.

There is only one true shutdown corner in the entire NFL and right now...he isn't playing.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How does Rex Ryan like to build his defenses? I want you to tell me, because I doubt that you can.

I actually don't feel like waiting.

You know who Jimmy Leonhard and Bart Scott are? Undrafted guys.

You know who Brodney Pool, Antonio Cromartie, and Kris Jenkins are? Guys that couldn't stay healthy and were run out of town.

Nobody wants these guys, right? He's building a team of outcasts and sleepers that everyone passed on at least once. Ryan picks and chooses guys that fit into his scheme.

We have guys like Eric Smith, James Ihedigbo, Sione Pouha, and Mike DeVito making plays on defense. Ryan and Tannenbaum will find inexpensive players that fit in here. It's what he's always done with his defense.

When you have a chance to make an elite, dominant player like Darrelle Revis a Jet for life, you don't think twice.

Think about a Rex Ryan defense with elite defensive backs. Just imagine how many sacks the Rexecutioners are going to get because of lockdown coverage.

It's over for most teams already if Revis walks onto the field. We have the best secondary in the league with a 5'8 white guy (Leonhard) and a misdiagnosed, cheap FA (Pool) starting at safety. Think about it.

This team doesn't need to spend money all over the place. We need to protect Sanchez and find plug-and-play pieces for the defense. That's all. With an elite secondary, you don't need a top tier front seven - they'll get the job done if the corners take the quarterback's targets away.

7. Hobbes3259

You don't know that yet. It was YEAR ONE for this staff.

And to say that ANYONE on the Jets roster did what Jenkins does is idiocy.

Did they fill in admirably, sure...but there's a reason Jenkins is valued and the others are journeymen.

So, Miss Cleo are you telling me that today, if Revis holds out for the season, the Jets area 9-7 or worse team...? Or are they Better than last year right now?

(as good as they could be is a different argument...the 'perfect world scenario' has one problem..Revis)

What exactly did we learn last year. That ONE CB in the absence of a pass rush loses to Peyton Manning.

If Jenkins is in that game..maybe Manning isn't hitting Garcon and Collie.

YOU don't know. Because the other guys don't throw grown men around with authority like Jenkins does.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

holeeee fuck.

It's already been PROVEN that the Jets D can live without Jenkins.....and you're saying that the Jets wouldn't be able to.......and top it off, you continue to downplay Revis' importance to this defense.

unfuckingbelievable

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Oh, you mean the guy that only played in six games last year and our defense was still number one against the run?

...the guy that's in marginal shape and can't be a three down lineman?

...the guy that's one knee injury away from calling it quits?

Building around banged up, 31 year old rotational nose tackles sure is smart!

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why not, is Cromartie ok?

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Cromartie doesn't play NT....he's irrelevant.

</sarcasm>

12. Hobbes3259

I agree. REX loves corners. And he's in charge.But you make the point... Rex makes Chicken Salad out of Chicken Scratch..

And Before you go too far down the CB road. Let's face it..Baltimore never fielded elite corners.

Rolle and McAlister are OK, but overated because of the D they played on. The Baltimore D was built on the front 7. Maybe Rex craves corners, because Ozzie would never give them to him...I don't know.

What did they draft between 2006-2009, 3 DB's none high?

13. Hobbes3259

Once again. I did not say that.

The illustration should be clearly evident.

The CS was able to cover the loss of a superior player with lesser talent.

Now....if you want to argue that Pouha and DeVito are Jenkins equals...have at it.

Cro is closer to Revis in ability that Sione or Mike is to Jenkins.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ever heard of Ed Reed?

I'm pretty sure Chris McCalister was a top ten pick too.

#1354 Mr Electric, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  15. Hobbes3259

The illustration should be clearly evident.

The CS was able to cover the loss of a superior player with lesser talent.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

So you're saying that Kris Jenkins is a better corner than Darrelle Revis?

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Damn this is a depressing thread, wish we could just sign him and move on. I hope this doesn't become the difference between winning the lot and not.

18. Hobbes3259

You're wrong on many counts.

REX has not BUILT a defense yet.

The last time I checked, Ozzie Newsome was the Baltimore GM.

Jenkins RUN OUT OF TOWN???? My recollection is he WAS traded, but we gave him 30 million dollars to come here.

A real cast off.

You fail. Like I said....at least TRY to be honest.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

[​IMG]

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm pretty sure the two defenses are completely different schemes (Raven scheme compared to the Jets scheme)

They shouldn't be compared in any sense of the word, the Raven's strength was their front 7, ours is our secondary, two different ways of generating pressure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.