The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

no, i read as many posts as I have time for. i just don't see people whining that he is greedy. Everybody seems to agree that he is entitled to make millions and millions of dollars. The issue is what his fair market value is in light of the specific circumstances of this situation and his hold out. I haven't seen people here accuse him of being greedy. But perhaps I missed that, as there are alot of posts on this thread.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Why? He's not worth $15 million. Plus, if the Jets cave in and give him $15 mllion then one of our faces of the franchise will be gone (either Mangold or Harris).

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

How exactly can the Jets pay more? You do realize how many top end players are on this team right? They all need to be paid too. If you want to keep your team together and win some championships, then the Jets can't really pay too much.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not about $15 mil, that is window dressing. It's about guaranteed money. If we come up w/ the right guaranteed money he'll sign. he is using the $15 mil as a negotiating tool. He'll get the Jets to give him more guaranteed money and in turn they'll give him a lower salary so they all save face.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Bahaha I was responding to whoever made the original comment about actors' salaries etc.

6. nyjunc

The core 4 guys will all be signed, we will be losing probably 2 of the 3 from Cromartie, holmes and Edwards whether Revis takes less money or not.

We have a cap guru as our GM, I have confidence in him.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

A year or two ago there was an article in Sports Illustrated on this subject.

8. Murrell2878

They'll come up with an agreement (hopefully) but as of right now Revis is taking too strong of a stance.

9. Murrell2878

Big Jenks just said that he talked to Revis and Revis said they will likely work something out soon. Unless I misheard him.

10. nyjunc

This will get done, I have complete confidence in both sides to be able to get this done sooner rather than later.

11. Murrell2878

I am keeping the faith as well, I'm just getting frustrated right now.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

what will happen first....the deal getting done or this thread reaching 2000 posts?

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

As do I, but that's why he's not giving into Revis' demands.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

anyone claiming he is being greedy isn't making a logical argument, that is why, and your dispute of that with an equally illogical comparison of differing professions is equally illogical. we all are greedy and seek to aim as much as we can in the market, that isn't an indictment of Revis.

he isn't being greedy, he seems to be being unreasonable. that is the main problem.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

De niro served me today at Applebees. Lousy service and he slopped my coffee, he was lucky he didn't get taken outside and slapped about the chops.
    No tip for you Robert!

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

3000 posts first.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it isn't a matter of whether the Jets simply have the cash flow to pay him any amount he wants. again, by that logic he may as well ask for $30 million. it isn't a cash flow issue. it isn't a matter of the Jets going broke.

it is whether they can afford to do so within the confines of cap restrictions and the ability to sign other players in addition to him that are equally valuable, or perhaps the combination of those players more valuable than simply he alone, and their loss would be greater to the team than his loss alone.

as such, the amount he can get paid isn't wide open, or else there is no reason to settle on any number because you will always be leaving money on the table.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

BINGO !

Ultimately this will get done because Revis is going to run out of better options than simply coming to terms and getting back to work. He may opt to sit out like his uncle did and hope to get a better deal later on, but I am guessing he wants to win a championship this season and make a shit load of money guaranteed and otherwise.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yea I finally realized that this whole issue isn't over the cap its just the fact the Jets don't have the money. Well they have but don't want to spend it.

Just buy jerseys maybe? idk haha

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

and that's the problem with the whole thang...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.