The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Maybe he's going to raise his future kids to be ultimate bad-asses. Feed em diamonds and gold nuggets for breakfast.

His kids shit will be worth more then most peoples net worth.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It's not 1982. If you haven't noticed he's kind of gone senile.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Exactly, so Leon Washington better stay away from the Everglades.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmz_L1-aHw[/YOUTUBE]

In the end I feel bad for how this ended for Leon, but he screwed himself over by not taking that deal which isn't bad for a player that doesn't play every snap and is a 3rd down back, but people will always be Greedy with cash, I don't think Leon will ever get another big deal again

With that said Revis needs to stop listening to everyone around him, he's the most successful person around his entourage, including his uncle, greed leads to bad karma every time this isn't going to end well for him if he decides to sit out the season

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't think so. According to people that know him, he still is sharp, still lives, eats and breathes football, he puts in 10 hr days all yr long and is still supposedly one of the smartest people in the NFL. He is old but not senile according to people that are familiar w/the situation. For example he was proven to be absolutely correct about lane kiffin.

6. GreenMachine

[​IMG]

7. WhiteShoeWillis

You know people who know him?

Have you seen the crazy shit he's done with the Raiders in the past 5 years? He used to be one of the best in the business, but clearly, that time has passed him by.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Every day that goes by I get more and more frustrated with Revis...

He is the best player on our defense, this team has superbowl aspirations and he is sitting out camp and the possibility is there he will sit out the season??? If he can't put his crap aside and get out on the field given the above, he is just truely selfish....

Going into a "normal" Jets season this would be an is what it is situation...But the Jets are finally primed and ready for a SERIOUS run and he is pulling this crap...completely selfish....if he pulls the crap of "I'm sitting out the season" trade his ass...I don't care how good he is or thinks he is...

I really can't seem to get why he won't get out on the field with this defense, have an even better year, possibly win a Superbowl then hit jackpot..

9. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

This thread is fucking massive. I can't find the Leon Washington bit. Can anyone repost please?

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

GeigerGeiger(John Geiger Revis Manager/Buddy)

Thought this was worthy of sharing. Take it how you want, but a day before Training Camp he wrote this
    So perhaps something..could happen..

11. ........

........ Trolls

Yep. I'm guessing he's not even just talking about his kids and future generations. So many athletes have expectations to take care of huge numbers of family...aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents...

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I agree they should get as much as they can and the game brings in billions and they should get their share. That being said they need to realize that making comments about taking care of family is a bit over the top.

If someone starts working at 20 years old making $200,000 a year and works for 45 years making that amount of money they would have earned $9 million dollars over a lifetime and should have no problem taking care of family.

When someone has worked for 3 years and has already made that much money yet they still make comments about having to take care of family it will grind a bit on people that may make nowhere near that in a lifetime.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

yes. he's obviously old and his f.o. has made some poor business decisions. i just don't think he is senile. Al has always been different.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

gotta make your doo doo sparkle. you ain't a baller if you don't.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Whether or not he's actually medically senile is irrelevant. It's 2010 and he is not the football savy person he was in 1980, quite the contrary.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not about the salary, it's about the true guaranteed money in the event he gets hurt.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

Unless you're involved with the negotiation you can't say for sure this is the case. Their are ways to get him true guaranteed money (see Willis deal). Based on what Revis has said about "50 cents more than Aso", I have to believe the issue is with total compensation.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

lol. why even bother to guess what leon was talking about? Its a comment that reflects flawed thinking by Leon. We all have responsibilities and we all decide how to save and spend our money in the best interests of ourselves and our families. Its not unique to football players. Whats idiotic is Leon's apparent notion that a millionaire can't take care of his family unless he makes millions more. :breakdance:

People can decide to use their money to take care of who they want to take care of or not as the case may be. But that has no bearing on what the Jets should pay Revis or anybody else.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

well somebody said he was senile. he's probably not as football saavy as he used to be. But then who is? :smile:

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that's right, they aren't making "what we make," they make what most people make in a lifetime over that short period of time, so to act like they will be in some dire financial situation after that period expires is simply ludicrous. if they are, it is because they then spend that money foolishly, but even a short career can set up an athlete for a life much better than "what we make."

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here by comparing what they make to what normal people make over two entirely different periods of time, but it certainly doesn't reveal a terrible position of an athlete after a short career compared to the average working man who has to work 50 years to gross an amount if comparable.

call me crazy, but I'd rather take home $5-$10 million over the course of ten years and then have another 30 to continue to work in a another field rather than work 30-40 years only to make $5-$10 million. the idea that athletes are in some dire position after making that money over a short period of time compared to the average person who will never make that amount of money to begin with even over a drastically longer period of time is just too ridiculous to believe. if you meant something different, I'm curious to know what that was, but that is the only way I can take what you wrote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.