The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ........

........ Trolls

Well, remember that I can barely read.

I do, however, know that Abdul Salaam's last name contains two a's. I can't believe you don't know that.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If you say that you can barely read, I believe you.

Why would you ignorantly assume that I don't know that?

3. ........

........ Trolls

I was unaware until you so graciously pointed it out to me.

Either you don't know that, or you choose to dishonor him in your username.

Are there any high school boys you're following around right now whose nicknames you'd care to share with us?

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I doubt that. I would love to see the day when we enter the season without Revis. I can't envision that scenario. But if that does happen then Revis would probably start freaking out and realizing the Jets are not giving in.

5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

At the risk of coming over like a dickhead, Ignatius, Abdul Salaam's last name actually contains three a's.

6. ........

........ Trolls

LOL. I noticed what I wrote, but only after he had already quoted it. I figured there was no point to clarifying it then.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

How things can change so quickly.

From July 11th

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ Michael Lombardi is always wrong.

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

For a while last year, someone on here actually had a quote of mine in his signature. It had a glaring spelling mistake in it. I was very happy when he changed his sig!

10. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Today should be a big day full of speculation since the ESPN Training Camp bus is rolling into Jets camp. Schefter might be the only saving grace from all the BS and repetitive comments from ESPN.

11. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Here's my contribution to this thread: SIGN THIS MOTHERFUCKER ALREADY!!

ok, proceed.....

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

My 2 cents for what its worth:

When he wasn't shutting WRs down like last season he was paid a bunch of cash up front. So to me he was overpaid then and now since the contract that he signed (after holding out) calls for him to be underpaid he's holding out again. Seems like every couple of years he'll be holding out.

I know the Jets went to him first and to me that was out of respect for what he did last year and repays them by holding out. Get your ass to camp and work on the deal while your there. If your scared about injury then take an insurance policy out on yourself.

He really needs to stop listening to his uncle. I agree he's the best CB in football but not 16mil a year good.

13. move the chains

move the chains New Member

he needs to stop being a f%#kin as$@ole is what he needs to be doing

admin, my apologies, this an emotional knee-jerk reply. feel free to delete this reply as it contributes nothing to the discussion of how revis is being a f%#kin as$@ole

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

he wasn't as dominant as he was last year, but he was still one of the top 5 corners in 2008.

he should be in camp. The Jets said they would restructure his contract, and they have made many offers, but Revis is making unreasonable demands right now. Hopefully if they come together for one on one meetings they can come up with a resolution.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd Figure I would put this under this thread, Leon talking to Revis

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets..._dcicisaj7Ltj1j2TXz4nUJ?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Revis has cashed in over 10 million dollars i'm sick of the family excuse, Leon you fucked up by not talking that contract, you got greedy and karma bit you in the ass. Revis is talking about feeding his family, does his family know that by each day he misses TC, he's getting fined, right now he's hurting his family more then helping it

Love how Leon tries to make everyone feel bad though I find that extremely funny

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

August 10th is very close now.

17. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Seems like this is just getting worse and worse everyday. I just wanna wake up one morning and seeing the little ticker under ESPN saying that the Jets and Darrelle Revis have come to terms on a contract. I'm sick of this already.

18. Ya know...I'm trying to keep an open mind and realize that this is just business..but I'm really starting to sour on Revis. It's one thing to hold out for a reasonable long term deal that equals his on the field contributions..but he doesn't seem to be moving off some flat out ridiculous demands. Furthermore, refusing to sit down w/ the other side who clearly appear willing to work toward a resolution to me is ridiculous.

I know there are 2 sides to every story and the front office isn't perfect, but Revis is really showing his true colors. This is stubborn,greedy and self centered.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's the part I don't get and seems very odd. If a player is seeking a new deal wouldn't he want to meet with the people who are in charge of handing him $100 million?

That part makes no sense whatsoever.

20. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

I know it's been picked out as a big target date, and people have been saying if it gets to the 10th he'll probably hold out the whole season, but what is the significance of the 10th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.