The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I would LOVE to see that, it kills me to say it, I just don't see that happening now. What's his incentive besides adding another great year and maybe a ring? lol

Apparently he does not care about those, it's all about the $$$.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

obviously. otherwise hed realize this might be his best shot in his career for a ring.

that and the DB's need to be coached up by him and he should be helping Wilson along.

that being said watching Leon last year opened up plenty of eyes in the locker room. its fun to run through walls for Rex Ryan, just not for free.

but yeah fuck his astronomical demands. eventually a line in the dirt will be drawn and we will see how important taking the field is.

I just hope all these reports over the years of the Jets FO making two faced remarks is agent posturing with the likes of Keels and Revis camp whove been a headache since he was drafted. we simply had a 3 year honey moon to forget it.

we'll see, I wont grab a burning pitchfork till I hear him turning down a certified fair market deal.

although I HATE, absolutely HATE hearing he turned down a face to face on top of 2 alternative proposals to making sure he gets more this year.

either way its too early to freak, but the way this has played out and the Ty Law and Gilbert influences are pretty scary

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think he'll have to adjust his demands, because I think honoring the contract is close to no longer being an option. I'm pretty sure I read in a couple of different places that when he missed practice on Sunday he may have forfeited that clause in his contract that would guarantee the buyback money in his final 2 seasons.

As far as honoring the contract as a principle... well, Tannenbaum confirmed on Sunday that he had approached Revis to tear the final years of the contract up and he stated matter-of-factly that Revis had outplayed his rookie deal.

Tanny and Rex are doing nothing but helping Revis in the leverage department every time they get in front of a microphone.

#583 abyzmul, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. MadBacker Prime

^^^^ (coach k)

If you saw my post on the prior page it about sums up all the problems.

5. ........

........ Trolls

He has to miss 10 days before that becomes a reality.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hopefully this is the catalyst to even a short term solution that gets him more money over the next two or three years with a respectable signing bonus. but i imagine that was one of the options Revis already declined.

who knows any fucking progress would help.

but literally who Revis considers his advisers is downright enough to make you think this will never reach a reasonable solution for both sides.

7. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

If we want to win the Super Bowl, he needs to be on the field. We can't afford to have him sit out games.

8. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

He deserves to be the highest paid cb in the nfl, but Nnamdi doesnt deserve the kind of money hes getting. Fuck you Al Davis.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thank you - is that the same date that he loses his accrued year?

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If he wants to win the superbowl, he can't afford to sit out.

11. MadBacker Prime

Yeah, he has to be in camp on the 10th.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Does he have to attend the entire Training Camp after the 10th, or can he just show up on the 10th for a few minutes, then head back home for the rest of August?

13. MadBacker Prime

No he has to be in camp and participating, I suppose if he were injured it'd be different. I wonder if they would do that. I doubt it though.

14. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm getting sick and tired of people calling these players greedy just because they want to get paid. They're all just playing the hands they were delt.

Greed is going to get him and his family set for life.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

that is also my understanding.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

It is greed. He doesn't need $16 mil a year to get "his family set for life". He especially doesn't need to call it "putting food on the table" (which is complete BS).

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Aso's contract is the market right now. Revis is better than Aso, and more important to the Jets. Therefore, he wants his fair market value. I understand that. He may not get it, and it may be unrealistic, but why attack a man for trying to make as much money as he's worth?

People really need to stop taking this shit personally.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If he's truly asking for outrageous amounts and isn't willing to budge, then I say just let his ass sit. When he's out of the league for a year and ruins his career, then his greed will come back to bite him in the ass.

20. The Iceman

The Iceman New Member

Damn Al Davis and his old self, making stupid deals that help ruin the league.

Revis probably wont sit, but if he does, Kyle Wilson will get to grow as a player, and who knows could be close to the next Revis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.