17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Maybe those Heat reps can get some work close by. I got this email from the Miami Dolphins on Monday:

Miami Dolphins individual game tickets for
    the 2010 home games are on sale now!

Secure your seats to South Florida's Biggest Party before the party sells out!

Don't miss the live action of Dolphins football featuring Chad Henne, Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby and the entire 2010 team as they face some of the top teams in the NFL. Be here for the home opener against the New York Jets on Sunday night, the Monday Night Football clash against the New England Patriots, the Thursday night prime-time match-up against the Chicago Bears or for any of the other big games at Sun Life Stadium.

Saturday, 8/14
    7:00 PM**
    Friday, 8/27
    7:00 PM**
    Sunday, 9/26
    8:20 PM
    Monday, 10/4
    8:30 PM
    Sunday, 10/24
    1:00 PM

Sunday, 11/14
    Thursday, 11/18
    8:20 PM
    Sunday, 12/5
    Sunday, 12/19
    Sunday, 12/26
    **Preseason

Click here on Saturday at 10 a.m. to purchase your individual game ticket starting at just $45 per game.

Click here now to get the best available seats for ALL home games with your own Season Ticket Membership. Memberships start at only $34 per game and offer you a deep discount over the individual game ticket price and includes special benefits such as the revolutionary FanVision with access to instant replays, stats, different camera angles, other NFL action and more directly from your seat or tailgate area. Plus, you receive playoff ticket priority, discounts off food, beverage and merchandise and other special benefits.

Get ready for the season with your new Dolphins gear. Click here to visit the all-new Miami Dolphins Official Pro Shop.

I really don't know how they got my name but I found it amusing.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Sounds about right, I think it's between 15,000 and 20,000 unsold, if not more. Only about a month to go before we find out what kind of mess the Jets are in

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Okay, so come opening day, after the box office numbers are revealed I'll come here and apologize if I'm wrong.

They pulled back their marketing campaign so much I just don't see that many seats being open.

4. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Forget box office numbers and other bs, you will need to use your eyes when inside the stadium for the truth.

How much blood do you think they can get from a stone?

5. MadBacker Prime

When there is only a few hundred seats open the box office will be key.

Let's just agree to disagree, me and Gecko did the same a few pages back.

6. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Can you please respond to the following straightforward logic..

The Jets faced a disasterous problem very recently with unsold psl's. The problem didn't just magically go away, no matter what they want you to believe.

7. MadBacker Prime

The Jets are a hot item right now, with our brash HC, AFC champ appearance, HBO, and all the players talking Super Bowl- it's a sale.

After the HUGE discounts were announced they had a influx of new buyers.

Why are you so dead set on convincing me?

Call tomorrow as a new customer and ask for best available in any section, it's getting thinner and thinner.

8. MAD-DOC

MAD-DOC New Member

15k psl's still available? I hope you're wrong. Thats alot of tickets available on the open market which I'm sure the Jets will sell for alot less than the season ticket holders who can't make the game. Shit --I hope you're wrong. That also means folks who cant sell their good tickets, because of the market flooded with all the crap leftover unsold psl tickets, will ultimately drop their prices and force folks to also drop their prices in order to get something in return.

R1jets fan-- Where are those seats that this idiot sold for below face value. If he truly has 10 tickets together them that's ludicrous considering 10 tickets together are a premium -- unless the tickets are so crappy you cant get 10 folks to even look. Any chance that these are still owned by the jets organization and listed through one of their agents. Just seems like alot of tickets to sell below face.

9. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Not saying I care one way or another whether there are 2,000 or 20,000 unsold seats, but I don't think you can really compare the Giants waitlist of 100,00 to the Jets list of (I believe it was) 16,000.

The Giants list went back for decades. People would have a kid and put him on the list in hopes that maybe his/her name would be called some time in the future and that maybe he/she would be interested in getting them. I'd be willing to bet that 30-40% of the people on the list have since passed away and/or had no interest in getting tickets.

The Jets made people start paying $50 a year for the right to be on that list(up to $600) back in the late 90's/early 2000's. This caused their list to dwindle substantially (and I'm sure the Giants would have as well. Maybe not as much, but there would have been a large decrease). I would say that the Jets "waitlist" was better than the Giants "waitlist" because a greater proportion of the people on there really wanted the tickets.

I can tell you that the Giants have plenty of seats as well. I've received many phone calls from them and there is some good availability left.

10. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Has anybody received an email with the tracking number yet. I feel like my son waiting for Santa to email me my Fedex tracking number.

11. MadBacker Prime

No not me lol. Is this your first season ticket order? Many new holders ate tweeting with the same excitement.

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Yep Mad, first time Jets STH. The tickets are just a piece of paper with Rex on them. I am more excited to see what is included in the box. After that mystery is no longer a secret the Fedex box and the tickets will be placed in the back of my closet till game day lol.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think people are failing to realize that there were probably 20k seats in the old stadium that were owned by giants fans rather than jets fans. they didnt bother last year as there was no point in continuing to own jets tickets.

they often sold the seats, sometimes went to the games... but last year they said hey guess what owning these seats doesnt mean jack dookie to me anymore.

and i assure you they arent going to pay a psl when they had the opportunity to buy giants season tickets after all the years of waiting.

i think we as jets fans often overstate how loyal and large our fanbase really is.

i dont personally know how many seats are left but it wouldnt surprise me if it was around 10k.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

overstate how loyal and large our fanbase is???

dude sideline seats are ridiculously overpriced. who is paying over $200 to sit in the mezz

i was called on the 3rd day and wanted to sit in the mezz sidelines. but the psl and ticket price is not worth it. sorry...

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Todays PSL Stats from WSJ

Jets said in todays Wall Street Journal that they have 1,350 remaining seats in the newly reduced sections. Also scattered seats in the other sections with most in the upper bowl.

Giants stated in same article they have 1,250 PSL seats to sell.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Section 144 row three guy has all 13 seats in the row. I added up PSL cost plus ticket cost and stub hub fee and selling price to say he is selling at a loss.

With zero down those tickets run 187.50 a game. On stubhub he needs to sell at $215 to break even with fee. Guy is banging some games out for $150 to $2000.

17. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If true, there will be no blackouts and there should be no massive ticket dumps or single game sales.

Assume a weighted average ticket price of $125-150 over 1,250 PSL's in the lower bowl (non-club seats). It would cost Woody $156-187K per game to "eat" every single seat. Over 10 games, that $1.5-1.9m in ticket sales is not the big prize. Selling the PSL's would still be the big number that they would want focus on. Assuming the average remaining PSL is around $5K, they still have $6.25M in PSL inventory they would like to sell. Any action to dump PSL seats would jeopardize future PSL sales.

How a smart businessman would handle this problem:

1. By restricting supply, they increase the value of their unsold PSL's. They cannot afford to dump tickets on the market during 2010. It is that simple. They need to make sure fans who want to go to games understand that the price of season tickets is a PSL - Period.

2. Offer a "Bring a Friend" package limited to current PSL holders. Using full FV pricing, limit single game pricing to current season PSL owners.

3. The team buys any unsold PSL tickets and uses them for sponsor purposes.

4. Unsold UD seats are sold to the general public at FV + 10%.

5. Club Seats are going to be a long term problem. They either need to lower the PSL price or the ticket price to move those seats. BUT - they don't count against the Blackout rules.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Alley, hate to break it to you but that is a myth created by GIANTS fans.

I forgot who said it, I think it was LT and GIANTS fans took it as fact....but the truth is that it's an ongoing myth....simply not true.

19. MAD-DOC

MAD-DOC New Member

There's No way unless these are the exhibition games. I put an ad on craigslist just to check and see what would be the interest. Although lighter than I thought for right now - I am still getting offers of 2-3x face. If a person truly owns 13 seats, he purchased to either good with his mega family and friends or to sell. Judging by the fact, he is selling on stubhub, he likely purchased to sell. He can't be a broker or he'll be out of business soon. One other conclusion, the jets decided to keep this in their inventory and to have a rep sell some of the games. Why would they try to sell these great psl's with all the extra subpar inventory. Just a thought with the understanding you were also offered these seats.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Looking For Opinions...

As I stated before, I now own two sets of 4 tickets each in the Uppers. I am looking to sell my original set - 4 seats in Section 342, Row 16. The seats are consecutively numbered (all together). They are near the aisle on the 341 side of 342 (closer to the 50). I have one parking pass with these seats.

My question to you all is, how would you best go about breaking even or making a little profit?

1) List them on StubHub? (There's a 15% commission remember). If not StubHub, where else? Can I list them here?

2) Sell them now as a "Season Package," Preseason and all (all 10 games)? Or sell them individually?

3) List them with the Parking Pass included?

4) List BOTH sets of my Uppers and keep the ones that don't sell? Price them differently?

5) How much would you ask? The tickets were $4204 ($105 per seat + $4 Handling) and the PP was $250. Total investment was $4454. I'd have to ask $5240 if listed on StubHub to cover the 15% vig. ($5240 -15% = $4454).

For the sake of convenience, I'm inclined to just list the whole package with the Pass included for $5240 ($131 per ticket) or more. How does this sound, or do you have a better idea? Would selling select hot tickets like Ravens and Pats cover the weakness of other games, IYO? Even if the season tanks? New Stadium and all...

I'm no novice at this. Have had seasons since 1985, so no wise-ass comments please. I was moving unwanted tickets under the noses of security personnel before most of you were in diapers and when it was illegal to do so. So no naive comments please, just looking for opinions as to best way to meve them.