The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Loud noises!

I have no idea what we are yelling about!

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

3. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the most true guaranteed money the Jets can offer Revis without making cuts to the team under the current rules?

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

Through a giant signing bonus

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's like Revis Christ is holding out his arms on the cross itself.

Too soon?

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That still counts toward the cap right? They have to spread it out so some has to fall into the reallocation Rule doesn't it?

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This is frustrating tho, and I honestly think Revis is going to hold out until the season begins, which is when the Jets will show him the money.

w/e

8. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

I told you guys months ago that Revis the Divas was greedy, was gonna hold out and that him & Geiger's egos were out of control but everyone wanted to ride his cock! Oh well!

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Does Geiger actually doing anything???

10. MadBacker Prime

It was on ESPN about a half hour ago. Woody said he can't see how the Jets could structure a deal this year that would make Darrelle the highest paid CB.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

:breakdance: anyone with a functioning brain could see this potentially going into a hold out. I didn't think it was likely because it seems dumb that he is throwing away guaranteed money in order to force a negotiation. If those goes past the 10th I may start to question my faith in this situation being resolved without any real incident but until then this is just another thing for people to get worked up about.

12. MadBacker Prime

That buyout is already gone now. If this does not get resolved by the 10th, we won't see him play this year. There would be no point, just a injury risk.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Three years left on his contract and he bitching for new money. Don'T get me wrong he deserve a new deal and I know it will get done sooner or later. Question.....If he is only making a million this year ; then when does his check run out and do we take overages out of next years salary????? Play football rich baby!

14. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

In all honesty, Revis deserves to be paid as a mentioned earlier, but not the extent of Asomugha. Revis had one "lock down" year, and that was this season. The year before he was damn good but not to the extent this year. I find it kind of ridiculous he and his agent want over 16 million a year for one good year and a few years left on his current deal. But that's the nature on the NFL and it's extremely flawed rookie system.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I love how everyone who disagrees with Revis' holdout posts this exact comment. Real original point, there.

16. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Not really....Oh wait, since he's not at training camp he's been booking his studio time for Revis's alter-ego "Mr. Manhattan". Hey, as his business manager I'm not mad, he's gotta "feed his family" somehow, right?

17. MadBacker Prime

Yeah and normally most people would agree but the Jets approached Revis first. Revis was promised a new contract by Tanny. Maybe his demands are high but still.

18. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

So whats the end game? Whats the solution to this mess? We cant have Revis sit out this season. Thats not happening.

19. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Woody Johnson says cash flow problems not holding up Revis negotiations »

By Manish Mehta

Woody Johnson called for a “meeting of the minds” to expedite contract negotiations with holdout Darrelle Revis.

The Jets owner denied that the team has any cash flow concerns that would prevent giving the All-Pro cornerback a significant signing bonus. But he didn't directly say whether he'd be willing to pay that out for Revis.

Johnson maintained that “total compensation” was the primary stumbling block at this point to making a deal for the centerpiece of the Jets defense.

“The main issue with the New York Jets is total compensation,” Johnson said this afternoon. “When you get to some of the details like the guaranteed money or the length of the contract - all of those things that are a part of the contract - but to get to the point where we haven’t even negotiated that because we’re so far apart on the other ones. I’d love to sit down and negotiate. We can be flexible.”

The Jets made two offers in the past few days - a short-term fix and long-term option - that were rejected by Revis’ camp. Neither offer contained a significant signing bonus, according to a source.

“I’ll go down and visit Revis and we can talk about it,” Johnson said. “If he has problems with either one of these deals, maybe that’s a good starting point. We think the deals that we offered were fair from our standpoint and our perception of his standpoint.”

For a team that has made a flurry of offseason moves and repeated the Super Bowl or bust mantra, the contract impasse with their best defensive player could stain a season filled with promise.

“Am I disappointed? Yes. “Johnson said. “I would like everything to be clear sailing right to the Super Bowl. We win that and boom boom… we’re done. Part of running a team and running a franchise is dealing with disappointment and trying to make things right for the team and actually for the players as well.”

Johnson maintained that the uncertain labor landscape wouldn’t necessarily preclude the team from making a long- or short-term deal, either. He also cited past examples to bolster his claim that he's not averse to doling out significant cash.

“This is my eleventh year,” Johnson said. “We’ve never had an inability (with) lack of resources to sign whoever we wanted. We can go down the list. You want to talk about Brett Favre or even Mark Sanchez in terms of signing the players we want. We can do it. But we have to do it in the context of what’s best for the organization.”

Even Johnson admitted that he wasn’t sure when a resolution would be reached.

“I wish I knew,” Johnson said. “If I did, I’d do it right now. Because every day we don’t have Revis is a day without a Revis. He’s a good player.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/08/woody-johnson-says-cash-flow-p.html#ixzz0vVRHFAIU

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This fag is actually posing as Geiger now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.