Madden Demo

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Physics, AI & Tackling animations just to name a few.

They also had a music editor which allowed you to take songs from your HardDrive, edit them (If you wanted) and put them for any part of the game!
    Intro, Halftime, 2min warning, a sack , 3rd down 1st down , TD...it was friggin incredible.

Also, they had FULL FREE ONLINE LEAGUES all tied to their website which to this day Madden hasn't even touched.
    It had full stats of every league game played, headlines, stories, it was so realistic.
    add to that the Price was $20.

It was so good that EA decided it couldn't even compete so It bought the NFL License.

Even All Pro 2k8 with the HOF Players destroys Maddens Physics and AI....it's quite sad that EA just doesn't really give a shit about Football only about how to get your $$$
    Take a look, remember this game is from 2004...you'll even see some things that EA tries to copy and fails..lmao

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhOiJI2_Eks[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a great example of the Physics that EA just does NOT have:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd_HhI64AGk[/YOUTUBE]

This is the type of detail 2k had in their games....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN9yGq3z9JY[/YOUTUBE]

This is All Pro Football 2k8.
    It's a Hilight vid ....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqFTt-IGCus[/YOUTUBE]

#181 Royal Tee, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

^ very true. I still have a ps2 even after purchasing a 360, the only game i really play on it is espn nfl 2k5. I was stunned that a ps2 game actually did halftime highlights from around the league in regular season. What an awesome game

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I just picked up a copy of NFL2k5. with the updated roster available online, I'm good this football season for only $3 shipped.

4. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

certainly beats payin 60 bucks!

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

haha played my first game

Won 22-18. Player of the game was Greene (15 carries 115 yards 2 TDs)

I gave up the lead to Manning on a big bomb throw by accidentally selecting Revis to leave his man. But Sanchize throws a 75 yard bomb on third down for a 1st and goal.

I end the game on a Jenkins sack of Manning... Yeah! :)

I like the gameflow feature

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

RT, no one cares. You should start a thread about the obsolete game for people who care about your EA hatred.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm a pretty big fan of 2k5 and apf2k8 but your losing me on the better physics. we are talking about the game with even worse momentum than madden has had the last few years.

My main issue with madden is that it still animates things very poorly. lots of people complain about corners running routes stride for stride with receivers as if they know the route. I don't much have a problem with the corners having tight coverage on plays it's just that they don't have enough animations to make it look right. For some reason I find myself able to forgive the poor animations if I feel the results are accurate

8. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

That's because the only time you will really notice it is during a replay. During actual gameplay it happens too quickly to be an issue. Basically I don't give a shit about animations in replays. The ability to find an online match at any hour of any day for the entire cycle of the game is more than enough to make up for animations that I don't notice during gameplay anyway.

9. Royal Tee

Well it's obvious people care because they are responding to it.

and I've noticed you've been attacking me a little bit throughout the forum.
    It's about time you stop riding my dick....

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'm pretty sure this is the first, maybe second time, I've made a comment about you.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Whatever you do, don't say anything about the green font.

12. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

He was still just helping a guy who had a question. Actually, I think no one cares about you not caring about 2k5

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

As much as I liked the ESPN football games, I absolutely hated All-Pro football because of the rosters. I don't want to play with old guys on my team - I've already used those guys in a video game: Madden 97 for SNES.

Now, before you start bitching about paying 60 bucks for "real" rosters, please don't. I spend 60 dollars on the game because it's fun, graphics are up-to-date, and it has excellent online play most of the time.

14. Royal Tee

I understand that, and I'm in no way saying that everyone should go out and buy 2k anything instead of Madden, that's not what it's about.

All i'm doing is showing how bad Madden has been in giving us an accurate NFL experience which they are responsible for since they have the NFL exclusive.

In none of my posts have I ever said "DON'T Buy". It's just showing ho far behind EA Chooses to be w/Madden

15. Going4TheGreen

How long till their exclusivity runs out?

16. Royal Tee

Early 2012 I believe

17. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

That's some good news. I was under the impression they had the license for 20 years or something. Or maybe that's the baseball license..

Anyways I'll probably still pick up this years Madden after not buying it for the past 2 years, but Madden having some competition again in 2012 will do nothing but good for football sim games.

18. Going4TheGreen

Ahem, hate to be that guy but who is your avatar? She is ridiculous

Hopefully the NFL spreads the wealth when it's time to redo it. This generation has so much potential and it's not even close to being met in terms of American football

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'm with you. I spent too much of my life playing football to buy something that's marketed as a football simulation but is created by a bunch of losers who have never been on a field.

The one Youtube dude is right, it's not about making the game look like a TV broadcast, it's about making the game be like football.

Nobody should ever be able to run the same play 5-10 times on one drive and have it work, even if it's the Colts vs. Browns on rookie.

There should be no way to exploit the coverage or blocking programming so that a blitzers always comes free or a WR always can get open if you call the right play with the right hot routes.

Unfortunately, all the loser never-played-football geeks who put down their Killzone/Battlefield/Call of Duty and play Madden only want to run that shit. They don;t want to punt, they don't want to kick a field goal...and that's not football.

I've stopped playing people online who I don't know because it becomes a waste of time.....but the real problem is EA. They know these issues exist but they do nothing about it, they just sell us on "improvements" that people really don't care for and are not true improvements at all.

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The ball "bounced" off the one Colts DB's hand but didn't actually touch him, just changed direction in mid-air. And it is double coverage, and in that situation one of those DBs would have boxed Braylon out.

I have seen the ball go through a player's hand for a completion to the WR.

Why does this happen? Because the way they program the game, Braylon has a higher jump and spectacular catch rating than those DBs and he is taller....therefore of course he makes that catch. Yeah....that's how football works....