17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

TY

Ever year before that was, hence the 15 year waitlist. As you know the economy sucked, but it is slowly bouncing back.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I know the Front row club was like 30% empty last year for every game I went to and upper deck had more bald spots than kojak.

3. MAD-DOC

MAD-DOC New Member

Anyone have an idea of how many seats are truly remaining? I know there was a fictious # of 10k before they lowered prices but It seems like most of you think the only purchases were upgrades and not new ones? The main problem that people have with lower level is the psl fees and bet most folks go to the games if the forked over the cash. But If numerous psl's available -- that will be a different story. I understand dumping them on the net -- like stubhub but they will be competing with alot of other folks selling their personal tickets.

When I made my purchase in section 142 -- I asked the rep - honestly -- what precentage of that section still available 30%, 50% or more? He said more like 30%. Thats a fairly large amount for a section they dropped prices.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The day before price cut in the 15k section they had only sold 40% of the tickets in the six 15K sections. Of that 40% sold sales were concentrated in the skinny A sections on the Jets side so those prices were not reduced.

So something like only 20-30% of the newly priced four 10K sections were sold on June 1st. Do you think they got 70-80% new people to buy seats there in last 7 weeks?
    People are still buying seats on or near the aisle in the 6k and 7.5k sections as of last week, whey would anyone chose a seat on the 11-19 yard for 10K and $149 ticket when 7.5K and $125 seats are left? That is why selling remaining 30% of 142 seats will be a tough sell.

BTW fans don't understand the concept of a PSL Scalpers I talk to say there cost to borrow is in excess of 8%, so Jets interest is reasonable. They set up LLCs so they are not liable in default bought when they were no money down and bought ones that sold for 20% or more preminum over fully loaded cost. Fans get fixed on the PSL cost.,

I say Jets UD and PSL have at least 10K left.

5. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I remember reading that...

I would only disagree in that personally I would rather be in the shade on the visitor side facing the Jets bench and oriented to the camera angle I see at home.

Here is the complete article...

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2009/01/the-best-seats-in-giants-stadium.html

6. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I'm not sure i agree with you OJF - I think the Houston game will draw a bettern than expected crowd... you have one of the best nfl qb (Schuab)/wr (andre Johnson) connections coming into town - one of the nfl's best offenses vs. Jets Defense.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I will be there 100%, one of the rare one pm sunday games that I like best. Don't have to be a zombie at work the day after. But somehow it is a weak games for sales as of now.

8. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

That's right MadBacker... whatever happens over the next few years nobody knows... but as the economy picks up steam, so will ticket sales. We'll all look back in 5 years and realize we made a smart decision when the Jets are "sold out" and the only way to buy seasons are to put your name on a list. This is NYC, the largest sports market in the world -- plain and simple.

9. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Haha - same here..

Just dont get why the sales are so weak... only time will tell.

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Sunday at One...

Unfortunately, the price of being good is that you don't get many of these.

First one this year is not scheduled until Halloween...and then the aforementioned Houston game the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

No way man, Jets season tickets will never be sold out ever again I don't care how well the economy does. Not at these prices, and not when you can sit home and enjoy the game on a 60" 1080p HDTV plasma with surround sound. Makes the decision a whole lot easier to pick up a game or two every year instead of committing to 8 plus 2 throw aways.

You wanna know why there was a waiting list? Because the tickets were priced way under secondary market value. The new stadium was an excuse to jack up prices, and they went way above secondary market value, and then slapped on a PSL!! Even the Yankees can't sell out man, and they win the World Series every two years

12. MadBacker Prime

You're crazy if you actually believe that. Jets win a sb, that'll be sold-out in a minute. Plus even if they don't the economy will bounce back and the huge fan base will pay.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Only if Jets don't jack prices to boot. Eating two pre-season games and $25 dollar parking is painful to some. With only 8 regular season games if you are busy and have to miss two or three games buying season tickets does not make much sense unless you can sell for at least break even.

row 26 UD prime needs to sell for $143.75 on average to break even on stubhub. Taking into account pre-season loss more like have to sell for $160 on average. Good luck with that.

14. GordonGecko

Pipe dream, the fan base wasn't paying last year at the cheap prices when the Jets were doing well - thousands walked away and they won't pay these prices no matter how many Super Bowls the Jets win or don't win. Like I say, the Yankees can't sell out and they win all the time. Why? Because their tickets are over-priced, just like the Jets (and you don't have to park on Mars either to get to a game there). You may keep arguing that people will pay when the economy bounces, but I will disagree with you there. There's just too much competition for your sports dollar these days on top of the amazing viewer experience at home. But FYI, don't expect teh economy to be like it was for many many years. Companies bounced back but they aren't hiring in the US anymore

15. MadBacker Prime

The first year in a LONG time. It will be sold out, mark my text.

16. GordonGecko

Yeah the place will be sold out, but not sold out in season tickets and not sold out in PSLs by a long shot. In 2011 I expect even more discounting. Seats will be widely available straight from the Jets for years to come

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

No way it will sell out, will be tons of seats in the garbage can next year for crappy games. When we play Texas the UD EZ row 20 and back will be a good place to have a nice game of catch during came.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

http://www.newyorkjets.com/

jets are having contest to give away gridiron prime tickets for jets/giants, if they were anywhere near sold out would they be giving away 395 tickets

19. GordonGecko

You probably wrote that wrong because what you're predicting is blackouts. Jets wouldn't let that happen, there's always going to be someone willing to buy a ticket for 15 bucks which is what the Jets will sell it for again if they have to

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets do not have to sell the tickets to prevent a black out just pay their share to other team and NFL as if ticket is sold then donate to charity.

Jets are dumping in block to ticket resellers this year so there will be no 15 dollar military specials.