David Harris- NY Times

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jul 31, 2010.

1. RF917

RF917 New Member

Harris really needs to be extended. Today.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Harris will be next year, if you haven't noticed this Revis situation isn't really over just yet. lol

After Revis it's Mangold.

He'll be a restricted free agent next year, so I'm sure he'll be rewarded handsomely.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Basically. As great as Harris is, he is the easiest of the Big 4 to replace. You don't let a LT that your QB trusts walk, you don't let the best center in the league walk when he is in his prime, and you don't let the key piece of Rex Ryan's defense leave.

Harris is a great linebacker but Rex's Defense sort of devalues the position with his two-tiered blitzes. Still, I hope he spends his career here.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

As a side note.... I remember when just about everyone who posts at this site wanted Sutton's head on a platter. I always knew Sutton was a good coach, he just wasn't a good coach under Mangini.

The fact that Rex has retained his services should be enough to dispell the idea that Sutton is a lousy coach. The man knows his football.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Sutton is and always has been a good position coach. It was his job as a defensive coordinator that got him so much heat. But now that we know what we do about Mangini and his approach to coaching, I'm beginning to wonder how much of the defenses' struggles were attributed to Sutton's work as a DC vs. Magini's need to control everything.

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

That was my opinion when I defended Sutton as a DC. Mangini's failures were put upon Sutton's shoulders. I simply don't buy into beleiving he was to blame, he was only a figure head, and Mangini was calling all the shots. Mangini did nothing to deflect the blame Sutton was getting either.

If the Jets have another very successful season, I could see Sutton getting offers to be a DC elsewhere. I think he is capable of being a good one.