The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Like I keep saying if your using the Raiders gave this player X amount of dollars I want my contract better then his your fighting an uphill battle. Can you imagine if somebody like Mason Crosby or Gostkowski walked into their respective FO's and said I want Janikowski money? They'd be laughed out of the complex.

Now I understand there is a major difference between a shut down corner and a kicker but the Raiders overpay for everybody and overpay badly. How much did they give Tommy Kelly? DeAngelo Hall? Two average players and they gave them 125 million between the two of them. Throw Aso, Lechler and Janikowski and that's 198 million between 5 guys and one of them isn't even on the team anymore.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The writing was on the wall with this guy holding out for this contract. You know, the one that he wants tore up now. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Sign Mangold. Sign Harris. Make the Revis camp lie in the bed they've made...

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

"It's not what you say it's how you say it". I'm sure we've all heard this growing up.
    I feel Revis is losing his argument with the "look at what happened to Leon Washington" angle by his insistance on being paid "$.50 more then the highest paid Asemough".
    I think, and the Jets can blame themselves for this,Revis' head is swollen and it's more about the status of being the highest paid player at his position then anything else.
    Let's see how fast his hold out ends if Kyle Wilson starts showing some flashes in pre-season and Cromartie reverts back to his Pro Bowl form, if in fact this thing goes that far.
    I think Revis should realize that his fanbase could turn on him due to his greedy behavior and he could lose a lot of respect among his peers,also.

#203 Jersey Joe 67, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This is getting a little frustrating. Its a little crazy to see how Asmoguas contract has really fucked things up for the future. I do think that in the end Revis will report back to camp. If he really is committed to the game and is as competitive as he says he is he will report to camp.

My only question is how does the possible lock out effect the contract situation for next year, is he still going to get paid regardless or what? I don't see why Revis cant take like 10 mil a season for the rest of his contract and work out the details latter

While Revis is right in wanting to be the highest paid corner, as well he should be, he isnt going about it the right way. Its a lack of foresight, I understand in the NFL you could have one hit and never be the same, but at the same time if he thought about it, he could play at his top game for the next three seasons and he would get a contract that would blow Asmougas contract out of the water

5. postsports

postsports Banned

I think the fanbase has already turned on him.

6. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Agreed. In this economy with so many good people unemployed this just eats away at the average joe. I think Revis has read too many of his own press clippings. I think one solution is to trade him while the iron is hot. You probably could get a boatload of picks. Bu

7. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Going to garner through the roof ratings on Hard Knocks if/when he does show up. I realize the show is not live but the build up still going to draw tons of ineterest.

8. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Revis has been the best for 1 season....does that mean he IS the best ? IF the raiders didnt have Asomuga....would they have only won 3 games??? Brady has only won 3 superbowls and isnt bitching ( out loud to media) about making 3 million this year after bradford signs for 70 million or whatever it is......cmon derelle, get real son ..your not who you think you are

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

No, it means the 20 million is not guaranteed.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

One season being the best doesn't make you the best. Consistency makes you the best.
    All that being the best for one season does is make you the best for one season.
    So I have to disagree with you that Revis deserves to be paid the most.
    This is not saying he won't keep it up it's just that he should have a few years of being the best under his belt before whining like a bitch to be paid.

11. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Just one outstanding Season and he acts like he is the best in the business. WTF! Come one Revis, I was going to buy your Jersey man, but now i'm rethinking about it.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

At least Tannenbaum is giving him options. Revis is just saying Aso money + $.01 or else.

13. 624

624 Banned

He's had 3 seasons, one was a great rookie season, the other was an All-Pro Season, and the last was possibly the greatest season a CB has ever had.

Do I think he is handling this the right way? No, but he is certainly the best in the business.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

no only the morons

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Revis should be in camp------I luv the guy but he is going about this in the wrong way!
    Remember this---ANYONE CAN BE TRADED! If this gets ugly I can see it happen as much as that pains me.
    The Jets have almost always cut malcontents loose

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Oh great, how am I supposed to blow my brains out after reading that?

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

I know it's been said a thousand times but he's earned 16 million of his original 6 year 30 mill contract. Revis stated he has outplayed that so he wants a new one.

That contract was record breaking before he even took a snap. If he underplayed his contract would he give money back?

I want him signed but not sacrifice other players in the process.

18. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you!

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

oh so you're not advocating getting rid of him now?

20. ForTheWin

ForTheWin New Member

Ugh. They better settle this soon. I hate all this messing around...just play the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.