The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

What if this whole hold out situation was just some sort of agreement between the Jets, Revis, and HBO to pump up ratings. If only this was the real reason for the hold out.

2. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

rediculous bro......you MAKE him play. Thats how Mr T operates

3. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I'm really disappointed he's holding out. He held out for his rookie contract, the main sticking point being a 6th season. And now he's not even going to honor the 4th year of his contract? This is the kind of shit that gives these guys a bad name. Come to camp while your agent works out a new deal. Really, I hate this crap.

4. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

This is getting so old. They need to get this taken care of. I don't really understand what Revis' camp is thinking they don't have any leverage at all. I wish he would at least meet them half way. Seems like he would be willing to make some sacrifices to be part of an elite team.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If he wants to not play, so be it. Let him sit around for 3 yrs collecting fines.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We could always change that to Suh and Best and a few 1st rounders on top of it.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Excellent post Tony, the difference between this and his rookie contract is that at that time we didn't have him by the balls. This time we do, he has no leverage. He'll be in camp whether he gets a new deal or not. If he elects to not play hard they'll bench his ass and let his skills deteriorate and then in 3 years he can walk having not nearly played in that time. The worst thing that can happen to Revis is that Wilson and Cromartie have great seasons and the longer he sits out the more likely that increases.

8. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Agreed ... I would make him honor my offer or sit out the balance of the contract that he stamped his foot and demanded to have now honor it...nuff said

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, if they pay him Aso money, we will have to lose some guys. No player is worth that much IMO. He plays one position and not the QB either. Its ridiculous!

10. Quinnenthebeast

We still retain Revis for 3 more years so we can definitely play a wait and see for the other CBs to develop.

11. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

It'd be interesting to see what the market would be for a guy like Revis. I doubt two 1sts, unless Jerry gets involved, but I could see something like the Allen deal a few years ago; 1st and two 3rds or a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

12. Quinnenthebeast

Also, another question, does this mean Revis has lost his chance to have his contract bought back?

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I dont' condemn players for wanting more money, but honestly from everything I've read the Revis camp has expectations far beyond reasonable. No CB is worth Aso's $$, and if that's what it takes to satisfy Revis's ego to bad so sad trade him. I could understand if he was only being offered say, 8 mill a year but all reports i've heard has been in the 12-14 mill average, not sure about guarentees. As far as I'm concerned if Revis Christ needs the extra $$ to sate his ego, he can go Sate it somewhere else, football is a team sport, not a ME sport.

14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Honestly I love the guy!! Great player have his jersey!!

Im just so pissed his ego EXPLODED!! He should just shut up and play and get a contract after next year when he is great 2 years not 1.

Now he is just getting fined 16,000 a day and is now not getting 20 mill for some reason in 2012 and 2013. He is so dumb. I would trade him for a 1st and 2nd. We have cro and wilson. We will be fine with out him.

Dammm EGO

15. Quinnenthebeast

I agree! The whole "I want Aso's money + $1" is about the ego, not the fact that money anywhere near that amount is good.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What makes me the most upset about all this is the fans/posters who feel fans who are angry at Revis about this situation are bad fans/not loyal. Are you serious? This is turning out to be very ugly. Revis is acting like a baby too, which is sad to see as a fan. But if he gets his money, it could hurt the team for years to come. Revis only cares about money, not championships and I am sad to see that. Teams don't win that way.

17. Kerley Shuffle

Kerley Shuffle Active Member

This fucking guy...this looks like it could be our year to win it all, and now this guy wants to be a selfish fuck and throw a wrench into everything? Unreal.

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

"Revis faces fines of $16,000 each day until he reports. Cimini reported Revis waived a guarantee for $20 million in salaries in 2011 and 2012 by failing to show up on time."

Does this mean he is a FA next year?

19. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i think now it means instead of having $20 mil in the bank the jets still have him under contract for the next 3 years but he has no money guaranteed. The Raiders deal was so off the wall you can't even use that a as comparison. Al Davis really screwed us with that one.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I heard Kyle Wilson is already holding out for a new contract.:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.