The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You didn't know that Tanny posted here?

Seriously Jet for life? What the hell does that contract look like? The way this guy seems to be after the almighty dollar he'd be taking up a roster spot until he was in a freaking wheelchair.

I can see it now .... in 2043 the Jets are getting picked apart by Moscow and the announcers say "Man this QB is really picking on Revis, yeah they may has well have wheeled somebody out there to play CB today.... oh yeah they did. "

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

I'm on my phone, just go to twitter, all the beat writers are reporting it.

3. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

Mike Tannenbaum said he offered Revis a long term deal to make him a "Jet for life" & a short term deal but that both offers were rejected.

Mike Tannenbaum said he offered to meet with Revis and his agents at Revis' home, but that was rejected as well.

"We have a good faith disagreement on total compensation," Mike Tannenbaum on Revis. Sticking pts: guaranteed $, top CB contract in NFL.

"I'm disappointed (Revis is) not here, but that's his prerogitive," Mike Tannenbaum said.

"In my heart I thought he'd be signed by now," Rex Ryan said of Darrelle Revis.

Source janesports twitter stupid site doesn't let me post links.

4. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I gotta give you an Amen, Amen, and Amen on those points, brother......:up:

5. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

I fear that the Revis camp underestimate just how much a business man Mike T is. He will do everything within his powers to give Revis a fair deal, but he will not break the bank for one player. Revis and his agents will have the learn the meaning of a negotiation, or else they will end up wherever Mike T wants him to be like Detroit or St Louis.

6. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Revis is turning this into an "all or nothing" situation........the difference IMO is that revis is gonna take this to a personal level...and would probably sit part of the year out.....while the JETS its just buisness.....and they owe Revis shit....he can sit home for 3 years..or take the high road...(kinda like Brady did this week.)

7. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I agree, the fukin guy is a lawyer.... he wont budge, and thats prolly a good thing.... perhaps we'll get some good depth outa this.....

8. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

In light of the whole lebron situation this has got me nervous. Is there a chance we lose revis to another team here, or simply that we lose him for time?

9. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Mr T would NEVER trade REVIS IMO.....why?? its 3 YEARS on the contract not 1....Revis would never get traded....and he also wouldnt get paid either.....so he can hang out with cedric houston until the 2013 season when hed be a free agent

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its Darelle's perogative if he wants to break his contract and refuse to play. Part of me doesn't blame him for wanting a better deal that reflects his talent level and the fact that he could be seriously injured. Part of me just thinks the Jets should simply shrug and move on w/o him until Darelle is prepared to negotiate in good faith and play football.

If he wants to not play and take the fines, thats his decision. Meanwhile the team has to get ready for the season.

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

What I'm getting sick of hearing is people saying "their are 7 Jets players in the secondary who are scheduled to be paid more than Revis."

Sal Pal repeated it!...

Sally...Did the Jets offer Revis a contract(s) yes or no? I could understand if no offer was ever made, but please, what a lame comment.

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

This shit is the only reason I don't care about anything from training camp this year. Can't hear about anything good going on without having to hear about Revis' holdout. Someone PM me when he's signed or shows up.

13. Barry the Baptist

:rofl: Yeah me and my boy Ced here.

Seriously your 100% correct, Revis has absolutely no leverage in this situation. He can hold out as long as he wants but it doesn't cost the Jets a thing. Now I may be wrong on this but if the guy sits out an entire year doesn't that not count towards his FA? I'm not really following the situation in San Diego but isn't that why McNeil and Vincent Jackson are only gonna hold out for 10 games? Hey if he sits for 10 games and we still make the playoffs we know he'll be fresh and ready in January. If only we could get our RBs to sit for 10 games and still make the playoffs we'd be set.

14. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Yeah, show 'em, Tanny. Send him to Detroit, preferably for less than market value, just to show him how little you think of this charade.

15. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Of course he would trade him. If Revis refuses to play for the Jets unless they give him a contract that Tanny refuses to offer, then there is no reason to keep him. A couple 1st round picks is quite a bit better than a malcontent who won't take the field. Tanny is still a business man after all.

#175 Jetskees, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

One thing is certain- there are going to be rave reviews for Cromartie, Kyle Wilson and Dwight Lowery this week.

Rave reviews.

17. Barry the Baptist

I hear you but the issue is he agreed to the contract after a lengthy hold out and it's not like he only made 1 or 2 million last year. He made 6 last year and 5 the year before plus he still has 3 years left.

I don't dog on guys for wanting to maximize their potential earnings especially in the NFL but this guy is set on being paid more then Aso which is fine it's his deal but not wanting to negotiate isn't a smart move. Like I've been saying you can't use the Raiders as a key to your demands looking at the tomfoolery that has transpired from within that organization over the last few years. They have 3 of the highest paid players in the league at their positions which is about as many wins as they had when they gave those guys those contracts.

18. Barry the Baptist

Send us Best and Johnson and we may have a deal

19. DisgruntledLionFan

I have no problem with players wanting more jack, especially when the avg. life expectancy of an NFLer is considerably shortened by simply playing the game.

20. DisgruntledLionFan

Bryant Johnson and Best.

Done deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.