The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Just a question to the other posters here who say "just pay him" ,

Would you guys be will to give up say Mangold and Harris and another core player to pay him ?

Because if we pay him as you ask, somebody else is not going to get paid and we may weaken 2 or 3 other spots to have the top player in another.

2. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

At this point they gotta be going for some sort of band aid contract. By back the 2 other years now and give him a raise for this year. Then figure out a long term deal down the road.

3. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Co-sign!! ITA with everything you said. Tannenbaum and Woody should just say hey sorry Revis but :shit:

4. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I am concerned about all the distraction factors already playing into this season, Revis, Hard knocks, "projected super bowl winners on paper"......seems to me that a team with such lofty goals such as winning the super bowl, would be better served on team unity, training camp opportunities, and taking one game at a time... quote me on this one boy's, all this bullshit is gonna catch up with them.......A successful play off caliber team usually makes several runs into the play offs the previous years. This team? One year removed from the AFC championship game and we have several disgruntled players who aren't happy with their contracts, and getting ready to bring all their dirty laundry and drama to a television show.....where is the team gonna find time to focus on the prize......

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Heh - this is nothing but a poker game. Revis just re-raised us preflop but we're holding aces. Good luck getting us to fold Revis camp.

6. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Yes, too many distractions and an awful lot of egos that believe they are better than they are. Sanchez, Jerricho and LT are all class acts...but Kris, Revis, etc have all drunk the kool-aid and have written checks that they will have a tough time cashing IMO.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^^ jenxbeast, are you nuts?!!!

Revis represents a huge 'threat' factor in our defense (and by extension, our team) and there's a $-number out there that should at least get Revis & Co. to the table. I mean, can the Jets break the bank if they want to get Mangold and Harris in the fold at Aso numbers at present? And if NOT, has Darrelle's agent advised him of this?

That number's probably a notch above what Tanny wants to offer at present, but if they can tease him short-term with enough of a buck-ten on the dollar offer then I hope they throw him the extra 'dime' and just get it done and get the kid into camp.

Having said that, If Darrelle's simply looking long-term and long-term only during this negotiation session, well that then's another story....and I then dunno what to say.

#147 joe, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Revis holding out gets Wilson practice with the 1st team defense. Sounds like an early camp win/win situation.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Been away from this thread for an hour and its now degenerated into a hate fest for Revis?
    Incredible, just incredible.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Outside of Revis who is disgruntled? Mangold seemed to get focused once DBrick got his deal. Cro Mart seems like he can't wait for the season to start. All the WRs and Sanchez were just in California working on the upcoming season.

I'm just curious as to how many good playoff runs the Rams made in before 99? Ravens in 00? Pats in 01? Cardinals 2 years ago? Even the Saints last year.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

How apt (Brit joke in there).

They waited until the last minute? Bless them, they have Darrelles best at heart.
    Su Casa y Su Casa

12. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

as to your first point, I think that I meant to insinuate that at one time mangold was making some noise, but outside of that you have a point....however all this Revis malcontent, HAS to be affecting the team in some way shape or form with the media , the uncertainty of it all, the opinions of the players, (and I'm ASSUMING) that there are several divisions of them....

as to your second point, I would agree with you in part; those teams you mentioned would be the exception, not the "norm". The successful franchises are the one you consistently see in the playoffs year after year consistently, over , say, a 5-10 year span....e.g. Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots, Colts, hell, even SanDiego seems to knock on the door damn near every year.... jus sayin

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Adam_Schefter

RT @nytbishop: FB Tony Richardson said in 16 seasons with 3 teams he never saw a holdout hurt a team he played on. Always resolved.

Let's hope it doesn't hurt TRich's team again.

14. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

revis signed the deal and he should honor it, and if the jets were smart theyd pull a aj smith and ignore him till he reports to camp

if the jets cave in they set an example that any players who wants more money just has to whine and complain to the media, and holdout and poof more money

revis is clearly the best corner in the nfl but at this point id drop negoations and just assume he is gone

at some point the fines will get too big and he will cave and be back for week 1

training camp is important but revis knows the system

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah he was certainly making noise and I thought he was going to hold out but I think the guy loves the game too much to not play and I think he understands the process. He's a guy that has HOF potential and I think he knows it. He seems like a smart enough guy to understand how things work and I'm sure he's aware that the CBA is effecting his contract as well.

You know as Revis goes it's his body and his money so I'm not going to say terrible things and rip the guy for wanting what he wants but I will say that you need more then one year of being the best CB in the league to earn the best CB in the league money. I look at guys like Champ Baily, Charles Woodson, and Asante Samuel all proved themselves for a few years before getting that huge contract. The funny thing about all of this is that in any field I choose to go into for work I might be the best dam guy in the company and I might be able to negotiate a pretty good salary but the day that I stop showing up for meetings or work and I'm in the unemployment line. Gotta love how much sports is not like anything else in life.

Going back to not being able to use the Raiders and their stupidity as a negotiating point didn't they give DeAngelo Hall 70 million and cut him half way through the season?

#155 Barry the Baptist, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Both Revis and Turtle (Geiger) stopped tweeting since Friday. GeigerGeiger even stated that he's laying off Twitter for a few days.

Negotiations must be getting pretty serious.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I don't understand why the Revis camp would turn down a meeting.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

I just read on twitter, that Tanny offered 3 deals. 1 long term that would make him a Jet for life, And 2 different short term deals. Tanny also offered to go to his house and that was declined Also.

3 turned down offers?? Not sounding good.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kinda looks you answered your own question before asking it

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Where did you hear that? Source?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.