Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Penning-10

Penning-10 New Member

For those of you who are down on McKnight I suggest you go back and look at the film of this kid...ridiculous speed, great vision and silly, silly video game style moves.

Not concerned in the least and couldnt be happier that he's a Jet....you will be too!

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This isn't college football. Raw skill will only get you so far. Sorry.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Come on man both bones may have been broken, protruding through the skin, displaced and all but in reality it was kust a broken bone.... splint that bitch up, no harm no foul. Why you trying to make this into some major catostrophic injury? I broke my pinky once and was back playing hockey 3 days later.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

WTF do you know about broken bones and catastrophic injuries?

Sorry brother just had to.

5. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

1st times a attention getter, second time? Trouble this has red flags all over it..... there's really no excuse whatsoever for the second fail......

6. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Has anyone answered this? Because my understanding of a conditioning test is that it's something most of the lazy sitting at a computer fucks who post on this BB (myself included) can pass, thus my concern. Full disclosure- I have no love for this kid, didn't like him at USC and was pissed when we drafted him.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

nfl conditioning tests are a little different. These guys have to be in fantastic shape, and as such they have to be able to perform different tasks at different levels based upon their positions.

These tests are not something any normal guy who sits on the couch all day, or works 9-5 in a cubicle can pass. I have no idea exactly what the parameters needed to pass are, but based on what I do know, I think that you have to be in at least mid-season form as far as college conditioning programs go.

These guys know the parameters and know they are expected to be in excellent shape. They are professionals, and are expected to be ready to roll on time.

Its not often that people fail the conditioning programs, but it has happened in the past, I know Mccareins failed Mangini's first test, and ended up in the shit house for the rest of his tenure because of it.

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

God this kid is a total mess, what the fuck

9. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

As much as many of us want to try and defend McKnight just because he's a Jet, letting Leon go is looking worse each time he screws up.

10. ForTheWin

ForTheWin New Member

Being out of shape is one thing...he'll be in shape soon (he better). But it's the dumb excuses that just make me shake my head at him. He better step it up.

11. NYJets28

NYJets28 Member

From what I understand, they gas the player with sprints, amount based on position, with an appropriate rest time between each one and then they measure the resting heart rate upon completion. If this heart rate is too fast they are deemed out of shape. Something tells me my fat ass wouldn't get it done but dangle even $100,000 (let alone the potential for millions down the road) in front of me and give me two months to prepare and I'll be prepping like a motherf****er for that test. Put the bong down Joe and be a pro. Is he screwed? Not yet, but the housekeeping crew at the Rex Ryan Doghouse is turning down his sheets and fluffing his pillows.

12. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

update: he passed the test today

13. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

TheJetsStream

#Jets announced Joe McKnight passed his conditioning run. He's good to go now. #nfl #nyj

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The difference between you and him is that he has probably gotten away with being a lazy pot head for his whole life because he is such a freak athlete. We need to hope that he steps up to the plate and grows up a bit. He can still smoke his pot or whatever else he likes to do but he also needs to get in the gym and be ready to play football.

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

And now this non-story can be laid to rest.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What a waste of a draft pick!

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If he does anything wrong from now on, so idiot of a poster will use this as an excuse against him. I guarantee it.

#197 Mr Electric, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  18. IATA

IATA Trolls

Of course, it's TGG.

zOMG "joe" missed tha block! itz cuz he faled his conditon is abd. WE SHUDA CUT HIM FUCK U "TANNY"!!

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm personally looking forward to week one when he is inactive.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Did anyone not see this part coming?