Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Not once did I ever hear that statement from Leon .
    Right at this moment in time, Leon is looking a far better bet than Mcknight. At least we saved some cash though.

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Really? Really?

Leon washington is and old rb who had a severe leg injury (these are very important to a runningback) and wanted a new contract. There was no way we were ever going to give him the money he wanted originally and being that his leg was broken like a wishbone it even more so wasn't going to happen now.

We had/have more pressing needs than resigning an aging rb. Rbs are a dime a dozen. I would rather us worry about resigning
    Nick mangold
    Dbrickshaw ferguson (check)
    David harris
    hmm. Darrelle revis

Oh yeah we also have
    Cromartie
    Edwards
    Holmes

I would take any of those 7 guys over leon washington in a heartbeat and quite honestly If you disagree your retarded.

I agree we got shit for him but in all honesty we had no leverage and he just broke his leg. Let's embrace john connor instead of living in the past and regretting moves that had to be made.

Can this be the final chapter in the we shouldn't have traded leon washington book.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

All that article talks about is his strong work ethic to get back into form. We're going to have to wait until camp begins before we hear how much progress he's really made.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no you heard it from his camp.

His camp controls his contract negotiations. They were responsible for Leon being traded away, not to mention the horrific leg injury.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm going to wait until the end of the season.

6. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he hurt his ankle, and was ready by the start of the season. he was *cue lame jokes* inactive because he wouldnt have seen the field as the 3rd RB as long as tj and leon were producing

much like mcknight wont see the field as the 3rd RB unless greene or ldt is not producing

and the fact that greene looked mediocre early and was still a beast as the season progressed should tell you how little this really means

7. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

He was inactive?

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes he was in at least 2 early games I can remember

9. Barry the Baptist

I wanna see him take on blockers, make cuts and run at full speed in games before I declare him back. It's a moot point if Leon gets injured again. An out of shape McKnight is better than a RB with 1 leg.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You have a short memory, bro. Leon was one of the five best players on the Jets, period. He broke a bone, he'll be back. Yeah, it looked bad, it's 2010, they can fix it. He didn't rip up a knee or anything. McKnight hasn't proven he can even practice yet let alone make 1/100th of the impact in a real game that Leon did.

So no, it's not the end. It's the beginning.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Players that have broken bones before have often come back even stronger, and it sounds like thats exactly what Leons doing, and the best of luck to him.
    I really want to see McKnight succeed, but failing fundamental tests does not fill me with confidence, especially as whats gone on before as well.

12. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

An in-shape UDFA is better than an out of shape 4th round pick.

13. Barry the Baptist

touche' (que Danny Woodhead)

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Exactly. I'm a Jet fan, I have no reason not to root for McKnight. But on draft day it was one of those moves that just make you go WTF, and like I said, everything McKnight has done since he's been here so far hasn't helped. I'd have taken my chances with Leon coming back, the big contract went out the window with the injury anyway, he can thank his agent for that.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

stop complaining about us
    :smile:

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

hahaha, i try not to but sometimes i just cant take the excessive bitching and moaning about every little situation ... its all good tho :beer:

and to you leon nut huggers, he was my fav player on the jets for a while too but its time to move on. he didnt just break a bone, he had a compound fracture. on top of that he is 28 and is an UFA after this year. given all of that, we still managed to get a 5th rounder for him and people are STILL bitching

im just glad tanny is running the team and knows what hes doing

17. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Everyone forgets that Leon Broke both of the bones in his leg. That's a huge injury to come off of. He may return to form, he may not. It's definitely going to be a massive mental hurdle for him.

That 5th round pick we traded him for gave us John Conner, a FB who appears to have the potential to surpass T.Rich as a runblocker in a few years. T.Rich is one of the best FB's out there. That's an important piece of the puzzle for this team.

McKnight hasn't got off to a great start, but sometimes it takes a wake up call (or two, or three, or four, in some cases) to get a player to recognize what they have and what they have to do. Give the guy a chance.

18. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Sure. But you will need real contributions from the bench at some point, and since the Jets have traded away so many draft picks to move up and spent tons of money on a few free agents, you need some of the fourth round picks, rookie free agents and waiver wire guys to contribute. It's too early to tell but McKnight doesn't look like a real contributor to the 2010 squad yet.

19. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

That makes sense, I'll buy that.

20. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I hated seeing Leon go as much as anyone, but that was a severe injury he suffered. I had something sort of similar happen to me three years ago and my leg still isn't right. Muscle tissue was destroyed when that bone came through, and that will affect him. Trading him was a good move.

But McKnight failing his conditioning test really sucks. If he's been healthy, that says a lot about his work ethic. I'll wait to see him play before I go too hard on him, though.