Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

wow, page 4 in this thread was full of just bad football ideas.

Welcome to page 5. Maybe it gets better.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

sup troll?

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

^Quoting that doesn't help.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm gunna repost this so that maybe people get that even their hero Leon Washington struggled when he got into the NFL.

Mangini had one rookie lead the team in laps run in 2006. Can you guess his name?

Hint: He was a running back, and he wore #29.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahaha

good point.

I hurt the cause.

6. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The kid is coming across like a complete douche bag. How much of his salary is guaranteed?

I hate that Tannenbaum cut Thomas Jones, a hardworking and productive "character" guy, because he didn't feel like paying a measly $2 M roster bonus in an uncapped year.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I thought we put the Thomas Jones discussion to rest?

He's a 4th round pick. He doesn't have a big salary to begin with. Remember how Leon was making 500k in his 3rd year? McKnight is going to make less than that. Calm down.

8. CatoTheElder

Just keeps coming, doesn't it.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Young, inexpensive talent or overpriced, declining RB in Jones?

Before you choose, remember the contract negotiations with D'Brick, Mangold, Harrris and Revis are on the horizon.

There was no was Tanny could pay thees guys while overpaying for Jones to re-up.

Give McKnight a chance to show if/what he can do.

10. CatoTheElder

But it's only a few days before training camp, where everything matters!!11!1!!

Everyone has already picked us as the SB favorites. If we don't blow everyone out of the water now, we'll actually have to play the whole season and compete for a Super Bowl title instead of having it hand delivered by a a train of pink squirrels who will then press our pants!

11. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I've taken conditioning tests before. Basically they put your body under stress through running and then measure your heart rate right after and at certain intervals to see how you recover. A high heart rate means your conditioning is bad - your heart has to pump extra beats to make up for the lack of conditioning.

If he is smoking pot then yeah he's going to have a tough time passing the test. Any smoker will.

As for failing the conditioning test after knowing you were out of shape in the rookie mini-camp - there's just no excuse. That's plenty of time to get into conditioning shape.

I told you all there was something wrong when Pete Carroll essentially passed on McKnight and traded for Leon Washington. Carroll, his ex-coach at USC, could have had McKnight over Leon.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test

Enough with the holier than thou attitude.. Some of you guys act like your opinions of future potential are correct and all in disagreement are morons.

13. CatoTheElder

That's a pretty stupid statement.

14. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember a RB failing it. Bad Omen

15. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

[​IMG]

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Take it easy. Anyone remember Dave "can't keep it in his pants" Meggett, former NYG/Pats mult-purpse scat back? The rookie's very first game (exo vs. Pats) and he fumbles not only once trying to fielding a punt but TWICE, a particular Parcells pet peeve. Yet Parcell's didn't cut Meggett's fumbling ass on the spot, probably because he saw something. Meggett went on to have a good career with both teams. Jets saw something in Joe McKnight. Heck I sure as hell did years ago in the Rose Bowl as a freshman against Illinois (btw, great halftime "Stairway to Heaven" rendition by the Fightin' Illini band). Illini RB Rasheed Mendenhall had a nice game and was drafted 1st round by Pitt--Mendenhall going into the draft with "lo-mileage." His 1st year? He got dinged up and his first year was shot...was he a bust for Pitt? No. Mendenhall bounced back to be one of the few bright spots for the 'lllers last year (1,000+yds.). So don't be quick to close the door before it's even been opened.

McKnight's talent flat-out jumps out at you if you've ever seen him. Yeah the weed rumors raise concerns and why he'd want to repeat his mini-camp 'performance' I don't get, but the guy's signed and sealed...now just got to give him time to deliver...give him time. It's not like Joe can fall back on his magna-cum-laude Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree for the $$$. I'm thinking this guy will see the light. Kyle Wilson was a solid 1st round pick (vs. Colt multi-sets), but when the Jets grabbed McKnight, I was ecstatic ('steal!'). We're not going to have a shot at a Noel Devine (UWV) in next year's draft so I just as soon get this potential game-changer in the fold, now. jmo

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Really, the guy is a fourth round pick making chump change. Want to hate then hate on Haynesworth who is making 100 million and can't pass his conditioning test. If he ends up being a bust they can replace him in 30 seconds.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no they didnt
    he wanted 4 years $6 million contract
    we offered $3 for 4 years. then finally went to $5 for 4 years and he still said no

fuck him and his controlling wife.
    enjoy rainy seattle

19. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Until Cam Thomas proves to be a bust (which he may well be) and/or McKnight turns out to be the next LW, it remains a legitimate complaint.

I liked Thomas for his size, in a draft where 3-4 DTs were a rare commodity. While I repect many of the posters in the draft forum, my opinion of him was based on his size and the vids I watched leading up to draft day, not what the "gurus" were telling people.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Just amazing, a professional athlete- a multi-purpose RB fails his conditioning test. I got the mini camp one, nerves, etc... but he had months to prepare. I miss leon even more now. Even w/ one leg he'd pass the conditioning test.

He better get his act together, we are going to need him.