Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its funny how when Leon was sucking balls during his 1st TC no one seemed to care.

Leon Washington was fucking horrific during his 1st training camp.

I don't care McKnight failed a conditioning test. I'll care when he's a healthy scratch for a couple of weeks.

2. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

Welcome to the twitter-age. You know every time a player farts. People need to fucking relax.

3. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Honestly I bet the coaching staff is working this kid harder than almost anyone else when he hits the practice field because they know better than anyone that he needs a fire lit under his ass if he's going to reach his potential. If McKnight is such a great talent, no way Rex Ryan leaves it to McKnight to realize that. They are gonna work the shit out of him until realizes how great he can be with the right amount of effort.

Sure, I'd rather hear that McKnight is working harder than any player Rex has ever seen and that he's passing every test with flying colors, but I think we all realize now (as the coaching staff probably has from the start) that it might take special attention to get this kid to where he needs to be.

4. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

The value of Thomas in the 4th was astronomical. And yet, we passed on him again in the 5th. But hey, at least we have a three year project at RB! :up:

We have one (1) known quality RB, and a question mark in LT. If this is to be a RBBC offense, as Rex has stated time and time again, we need depth, not prospects that may take "three seasons" to DEVELOP. What's more is, drafting RBs to DEVELOP is horribly wasteful of draft picks, especially when you draft quality over quantity. RBs have by far the shortest lifespans of any other position in football, so we'd have been far better off picking up a UDFA to DEVELOP, instead of spending a 4th rounder.

So if I'm reading this right, he was a star in H.S., then failed to live up to the (IYO, misplaced) hype, and is now incapable of passing a conditioning test as a professional (i.e. paid) athlete? Sounds like a steep descent. Certainly no underachieving to be seen here...

It just wouldn't be a "Mr Electric" post without a little dash of personal insult, aye? As usual, your posts reeks of personal insecurities.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Fourth round pick, people. Fourth round pick.

Also, until he actually does anything, please stop fucking whining about Cam fucking Thomas. Every time i hear his name puts me one step closer to willing a cancer gun into existence.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That hype was unfair to him. It's not just E's opinion, I've read it in other articles and sites that McKnight wasn't going to ever live up to that expectation. No USC RB will.

The kid will be a role player. Who can turn into a dynamic role player... Like Leon Washington. And Cam Thomas is just as much of a question mark.

Cam Thomas was popular on this board because our draftniks pushed for him all offseason. I've learned that if the main 3-5 posters who know their shit all agree on one guy - thats the player TGG wants. Granted there is credibility to wanting that player due to their opinion, but we all don't know how well Thomas is going to pan out. And his fall from a projected 2nd all the way down to 4th should tell us something. Same with Everson Griffen.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Guys, quick question in relation to McNight failing his conditioning test, I would love your opinions:

Which razor blade do you find cuts the arteries and tendons of a wrist best?

Thank you in advance

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Gillette is the best a man can get.

But if it's gotta stay sharp enough to do the job after a vagina shaving I'd go with a Venus.

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This really pisses me off because Leon was a warrior for this team and the FO totally fu#*ed him!

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm not worried abt this. Even Albert Haynesworth failed his conditioning test and he came into it being 40lbs lighter. He'll be ready by the beginning of the season.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Generally, I agree with this sentiment; however, when you only have 4 Picks in the entire Draft, the R4 Pick becomes more significant.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

People chill he will be ok.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test

Plus you would think being a later pick he'd want to prove something.

I'm really not concerned once he does get going in camp he'll get into shape real fast.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Let's not pretend like this is nothing to worry about. The dude failed his conditioning test, and this isn't the first time that he's cracked under the pressure.

I'm going to need major convincing before I proclaim this kid Leon's successor.

15. CatoTheElder

Yes, the fewer picks a team has, the more value each one has, relatively.

Still, it's a fourth round pick. It's not like we traded the entire back of the draft for a second round pick who turned out to not be worth a shit.

He's still only a 4th rounder. Not too much loss.

Teams have had 12 picks and came out with worse drafts.

16. CatoTheElder

You mean that guy who had to be pulled from Punt Return duties because he would drop every ball that came at him?

17. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I really don't give a shit about Joe f'n Mcknight not passing his conditioning test.......All i care about is the fact that they wouldn't have NEEDED another runningback if they just would have kept Leon.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Danny Woodhead lives on......

19. CatoTheElder

Ellipses and words typed in caps lock make any point valid, especially ones written about running backs attempting to recover from a massive leg fracture who have yet to play a snap in a live game since sustaining their injury.

20. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

This kid won't be with the Jets in 3 years, so who cares?