Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test (UPDATED 8/1: He passed it)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Wow this really is a disappointment, hope hes not a pothead

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Makes you wonder if we should be signing another HB instead of Coles.

I have no doubt that McKnight could fill a role on this team in the future, but he continues to raise doubts whether he can contribute this year or not

3. Machjet

Machjet New Member

I tell ya...I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the JETS picked up another running back before season starts.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Jesus christ...

Coles is actually going to contribute in Holmes' absence. Joe McKnight is basically going to redshirt this year, while being mentored by one of the best multi-purpose backs ever.

McKnight is going to have an incredibly limited role this year. I can't wait for all of the idiots on this board to call him a bust.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

But the question is, will we miss him more than you missed Troy Polamalu last year-- Oh wait...

6. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I never liked this guy from the start. The whole thing smelled like a way to weasel out of dumping Leon with a "hey look he can do his jobs" slight-of-hand move.

I know I'm gonna get pummeled with a whole lot of "well what if Greene gets hurt" remarks but the truth is we don't have to have three RB's. Yeah on the depth chart we'll have three (or more) but in terms of snaps three doesn't really work anyway.

I'm just saying this because I don't think it's a disaster if this guy doesn't pan out. Maybe Schotty will light a fire under his ass in TC and there's nothing to worry about, but at the end of the day he's a third option, and there's plenty of teams that have won it all without one.

7. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

wow kid get in shape!!!!

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I want McKnight to learn and succeed in this offense.....I'll be pissed if he throws it away due to his conditioning.

Electric is right...the kid has a golden opportunity to learn from a future HOF allpurpose HB.....

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Hey welcome back from vacation, mbgreen.
    now stfu

#29 17a_tailgater, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  10. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's over for the guy, there's something to be said for second chances. But, this is a horrible way to start your career. In minicamp you chumped it up and got zero good press. Then, to trump that, you show up to the show after you get your contract signed and you can't run what they need you to to even start practicing?

I'm not gonna hold my breath for this guy to ever amount to anything. Looks like a duck, walks likes a duck, must be a duck.

It seems as though he's just been disappointing everyone since he got to school. Didn't he score every 2.7 times he touched the ball or something in high school when he did returns, defense, and offense? Maybe it was the exposure to Cali-bud.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I agree that he will be a redshirt this year basically. Which is why we need a 3rd back. If Greene or LT go down the offense is likely to collapse. So to have a 3rd back who COULD handlw 10 15 carries a gamme would be nice. McKnight gives us many reasons to think he's ready. And Coles role is basically nill after week 4 so id greatly prefer a 3rd hb to him

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How many times do you expect us to run the ball? Greene will probably get around 15 to 20 carries per game with Tomlinson getting around 10.

We're going to pass the ball a lot more than people think.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Joe McKnight Fails Conditioning Test

Geez, we need a backup, for the backup, and a backup for another backup at every position.

If any teams 2 backs got injured it would be a rough spot. I'm sure if that did happen Tanny would do something.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Just sign Ricky Watters already.

15. NYJets28

NYJets28 Member

This just chaps my ass because I wanted Jahvid Best on draft day to begin with and there has been nothing but rave reviews about him in Detroit. I know Kyle Wilson has a chance to be a stud but CB wasn't exactly an area of extreme need for the 2010 season IMO. If he does turn out in the next 3 weeks to be a flaming dog turd I would like Tanny to place a timely phone call to Buffalo for another former Cal Bear, Marshawn Lynch.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Dumbest post in the thread and there's been a lot of them.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Let's not overreact.

It's disappointing that McKnight isn't in shape, but it's not the end of the world.

Since it's only training camp, he can be put on the active roster at any time. He can go to meetings and workout, just can't practice with the team. If McKinght is still on the PUP list at the start of the regular season...he's out the first six weeks.

This should be a huge wake up call.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think it's time for Mr. Jenkins to pay Mr. McKnight a visit. Fucking dunce.

Eh - this kid is fresh out of school and should be 100% dedicated to football. Clearly he's not. Makes me wonder how much he cares about football.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Thank you.

Joe McKnight will be spending a lot of time on the exercise bike for the next couple of days.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Look at what program he came out of.

He's been out of school for almost half a year and I doubt he's done much since the season ended. It's a shame because he's a ridiculous talent.

His attitude is the biggest reason for his slide in the draft, because athletically/physically, McKnight's a first round talent.