NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

yeah i got lucky on that one. it's awesome how big a difference there is between a crappy qb and a good one because it really makes getting these recruits so rewarding. running my offense with this guy is like night and day compared to what i had going on before. now i just need to find some wr's that can catch the ball.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Apparently there's a HUGE progression problem with recruits in Dynasty. Hopefully it will be repaired with the second patch.

After the default rosters are completely gone, almost every single kicker in the game is god awful - 51 kick power and most of them can't even make extra points on a consistent basis.

There's also a huge problem with awareness and receivers after the catch abilities (spin, juke, elusiveness).

3. jgangstahippie7:18

This game cheats on Heisman Mode.
    I love running the ball with CJ Gable with USC. The guy is great in the open field.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

finally played my first game online last night. i was texas tech against miami and i absolutely destroyed the guy that i played. i was up 35-0 at half and got up to 49-0 before he finally quit. this game definitely punishes you for scrambling around a lot and making unrealistic passes in the form of lots of fumbles and int's.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm not playing this again until Dynasty Mode is patched.

EA's done it again - they've put out a game with a ton bugs.

Back to The Show for a week or two...or however long it takes for them to fix dynasty player progression.

6. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Do guys just not progress, or are they starting out at ratings that won't let them get to anything decent?

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

A little bit of both...the kicking/punting recruits are basically non-existent in the game. I think there's about 10 total for all 120 teams to go after...so almost every team gets a walk-on.

Well, the walk-ons have kick power and kick accuracy in the 50s, so they can't even make extra points most of the time. That screws up the realism of the game.

There's also an awareness problem. Most incoming freshmen start off with awareness in the 50s, but it rarely progresses...so even as seniors, they're still dumb as hell.

WRs attributes are screwed up too. Their elusiveness, juking, and spin move attributes are all in the 30s, so there's basically no such thing as yards after the catch.

I know EA is working with Operation Sports this year. Some of the mods are being used as testers and they're also asking the board's community what's wrong with the game. EA has "tuners" this year that are like smaller patches. They're putting one out next week that will tone down drops by receivers, athleticism of the defensive line, and small things like that. This should make the game a lot better over time.

In time, everything will be fixed and it might be the best NCAA ever. EA is working on a major patch that will be out early-to-mid August - it's going to suck waiting a few weeks to start a real dynasty. Plus, I start work around then, so I'll rarely have time to play.

8. PatriotWarrior

So buy or rent it?

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'd buy it - especially now that the tuners are coming out this week and the patch should be out by the middle of the month.

If the development team fixes everything that they've listed, this will be the best next gen football game...by far.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah i'll wait until the patch comes out to buy this game, i've been pretty torn actually between buying this or Madden next week, I don't think that the new Madden will better then last years edition with all these tools to make the game easier, I'm just not feeling it.

Hopefully that patch comes out soon.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The tuners came out this morning. Supposedly recruiting has been fixed.

I'm waiting for luvtotha9's rosters before I start my dynasty though...I have named rosters already, but his will be incredibly accurate.

Side note: If you use Oregon online, you're a faggot. I wish this game had roster updates, because Jeremiah Masoli annoys the shit out of me.

12. Jam.

Jam. Banned

From http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...4.page#7089233

A blog with details will be coming soon, but here is answers to many of the questions already asked:

Q: Will I need to restart my Dynasties for these changes to work?
    A: You do not need to start your Dynasty over, these changes will be applied to all Offline and Online Dynasties after you download the file. Dynasties that are past years 4 and 5 might take a season or two before everything is back on track.

Q: Should I put my existing Dynasties on hold? Or do I just continue playing?
    A: Continue playing the game, like the previous question these changes will work on any current Dynasty.

Q: Are the Live Tuning Packs optional? Can I revert back to the older version if I don’t like the changes?
    A: For Offline game modes if you do not download the file the changes will not be made (or you can delete the file from the File Management screen), however for all Online game modes you will need the changes. Do note that any changes we make are to improve the game.

Q: Will this update fix the high number of injuries or fumbles?
    A: Both are very subjective thing, the data we’ve been tracking does not indicate there is a high amount of either. But we will continue to monitor them. Keep in mind if you’re trying to break out of a lot of tackles your chance to fumble goes up and you can use the Game-Planning options in Play Call to cut down on fumbles.

Q: Will the LTP change my Rosters?
    A: There is no impact on Rosters.

Q: How do LTP’s impact my sliders settings?
    A: None of the changes in Live Tuner Package 1 will change anything with Sliders. You will not have to reset them.

Q: Do LTP’s have different effects on each difficulty level or does everything change?
    A: For the game play changes, yes. But they have been tuned to be in-line with the difficulty of each level.

Q: How will Online Games be impacted – do I need these for Head to Head?
    A: They will automatically be downloaded for every Head to Head game. You do not need to save them.

Q: Does this fix Dynasty Not Available?
    A: We’ve been working on these as quickly as possible (and have fixed a number already). Please keep checking our NCAA 11 Forums for more information.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^ If I had a current dynasty, I'd start over...I simmed a season this morning with Fresno State just so I could see the improvements in recruiting.

WRs still have really low elusiveness, juke move, and shit like that...but when a poster on OS asked the EA rep that posts there about it, he said it shouldn't be a big deal with upped break tackle and progression because defensive backs suck at tackling.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Anybody find any good sliders yet?

15. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I know - I've tried most of them sliders on OS. I don't like many of them.

I've been using Versuz2's Heisman sliders today and I like them - the CPU QB is a little too good though...I might adjust CPU pass accuracy.

17. jgangstahippie7:18

Now doing RTG. I'm the starting QB for UNC 84 ORV pocket passer.
    Anyone down for an online chise, or is it too close to the release of Madden?

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I want to wait for the patch to come out first so recruiting is completely fixed.

19. jgangstahippie7:18

K, do you play on the 360 or PS3?
    I hate the PA Fake glitch!
    I also love how on X-Box Live I get called a pussy by someone who always goes for it on 4th down.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I have PS3, so we're probably not going to be able to get a TGG NCAA Dynasty. You should look on TraditionFootball for one to play in.

The PA Screen glitch sucks - it's going to be an awesome play once the patch comes out though.