17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I am asking because I have a friend in Section 103..row 5...

so he obviously will be interested in this development

2. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Exactly.....

3. MaMaJet

MaMaJet New Member

Not sure how many rows are affected, did not think to ask when they called as I was speechless anyway ........ I would suggest your friend call and find out if his view is obstructed.

4. MaMaJet

MaMaJet New Member

No not Michael.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Well he's the sales manager now and in charge of 123. So I'd call him.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

FYI, when I was at the stadium on 7/10 I was told they have the tunnel opened up now for construction purposes. Once the season/games start, they literally will be inserting numerous rows/seats into sections 104, 148, 123 and 129. So if seatandrow.com was compiled just from images, then, yes, many seats are probably missing from those PDFs.

7. MaMaJet

MaMaJet New Member

The reply from seatandrow.com regarding how accurate they layout is for section 123

"The reason you are not seeing the seats they are offering to you on the chart of section 123 is because I am not sure the exact numbering of those seats. I know exactly how many are there but the tunnel to the left makes it difficult to know what number the first seat to the right of the tunnel is. I would suspect that the numbering of those rows skips a bunch from seat 3 on the left side of the tunnel as you face it to the first seat to the right of the tunnel but I do not know how many it skips. You should ask the Jets how close those replacement seats are to the aisle and then you could count back to figure out there exact location. The only part of the stadium where the seat numbers are an issue is the sections with the tunnels."

Thanks,
    SeatandRow.com

So I guess the only was to figure it out is to go there.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets Final Plan for 2010 to Move Remaining Tickets

So funny, I had a long talk yesterday with the owner of one of the largest ticket resellers in the country. Nice guy. He actually owns a decent amount of Jets and Giants PSLs. One bit of info stood out. I asked him if he is buying any more PSLs or UD seats now.

He said "right now I would only buy at full price "movie star" seats, sick seats that are exceptionally good such as row one UD prime towards middle or 2.5k PSL right in front row where Jets come out".

I asked why and he said Jets are going to start banging out huge blocks of seats in upper deck below face in three weeks to the biggest re-sellers. All the non "movie star" seats will still be for sale then in UD and he can buy at a discount and parse out at face and still make a profit.

I then said what about PSL seats that are unsold? Was told there is a huge amount of sponsor and vendor requests this year. For instance he told me Aramonk (food vendor) had tons of sponsor seats in LL EZ last year and new food vendor being brand new has requested a ton of seats for perks for VIPs and their own employees as well as the four big sponsors of the four corners. Being a new stadium they all want to take clients, High Level employees and even give staff tickets as perks.

Jets plan is to contact everyone on UD waiting list (which they are doing now) to see if they will buy seats and then whats left sell large blocks of unsold UD seats at a discount to ticket resellers to resell individually to people for a one season only deal. Then Jets will re-locate every UD sponsor seat in stadium for 2010 to unsold PSL seats. In 2011 as they slowly sell remaining PSLs they will relocate certain sponsors back to UD

Jets also have plans as they know this may piss UD season ticket holders off to do the seat re-location in 2011 by senority which they did not do in 2010 so people don't bail on the bad UD seats in 2011.

There you have it the end game August 2010 plan for Jets. The secret sauce revealed ain't that exciting.

9. MadBacker Prime

Like I said earlier, row 6 has 20 seats. 12 towards the middle, 8 towards the GL. It goes down by 1 in the next couple of rows.

Excuse me I said 19 rows earlier, row 6 has 20.

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Here is a recent picture taken looking at Section 103..you can see the newly installed camera well.
    I assume that is where your 10 seats were located.

I also see an "opening" at the bottom of Section 149 to the left of 103 in the picture.

Was that opening always there or was that recently added...with ensuing issues... as in 103 ??

[​IMG]

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Looks like they finally filled up the tunnel areas of 104, 148, and other sections. Will be interesting to see the difference, if there is any, for those of us up in Row 30, at the Giants game in 19 days.

12. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I guess it would be safe to assume the same problem exists in sections 124 and 128 on the other side.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Part of the problem is touchdown corners and lower goal line are so close to field there is no way the camera on the tracks can make it past 5 yard line on either side. They need some type of cameras mounted in endzone to make up for this.

14. MadBacker Prime

So what about the people around the camera?

Isn't that a obstructed view now?

15. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I wish they had a Shake Shack like Citi Field has. Or at least a better selection then what they had during mini-camp.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I want to buy a Jason Taylor Ham shirt.

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Burgers, ham and Jason Taylor don't go together! lol

18. MadBacker Prime

I'm sure Taylor loves being between 2 buns. lol

19. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Well, at least the burgers don't.

20. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Posted on the nyjets dot com

The Jets will officially open their 2010 training camp on Monday, August 2, just as the club begins its annual season ticket mailing.

“This year we’re sending the tickets out three-day FedEx, no signature required,” said Rob Sullivan, the team’s vice president of consumer sales & service. “So one of the changes this summer is the season ticket holders will receive an email confirmation when the package got sent, so they can see where the tickets are en route. FedEx guarantees delivery within the first three days, but most fans will receive them within the first 48 hours. Fans who have purchased their seats will be able to track it and find out the exact day it’s going to be delivered.”

And what will be delivered won’t be like any other season ticket package. The Jets, who will host the Giants on Aug. 16th in the first ever football game played at the New Meadowlands Stadium, have made a comprehensive box that will provide season ticket holders with an overview of the stadium and everything they’re set to experience there.

“It’s exciting and it’s comprehensive,” Sullivan said. “Our passionate fans are going to be charged up and ready for that first game.”

A gameday guide will be a must read for Green & White season ticket holders because there are so many features to the new stadium such as the 350,000 square foot plaza that will open three hours prior to kickoff, newly constructed inner and outer looping roads created for quicker routes to the parking lots, a New Jersey transit line that can race you from Penn Station (by way of Secaucus) to your seat in less than 20 minutes, parking lots that will open five hours prior to kickoff, turf fields for skill challenges and a Jets Shop Flagship Store powered by Reebok.

But one might also catch an appetite reading the Zagat Guide to the New Meadowlands Stadium which includes food reviews from the players and coaches.

“It doesn’t feel like it’s from a fast-food place,” said QB Mark Sanchez after eating Nonna Fusco’s Meatballs. “It feels more like it’s from a family-style homemade kind of place.”

With Delaware North taking over concessions at the Jets’ new home, there are approximately 25-30 new items that will be found on the stadium menus.

“This is good,” Revis said. “A lot of stadiums don’t have this type of food. Good homemade food right down generation to generation. That’s how you want food to taste.”

In just a couple of weeks, Jets football kicks off at home. If you’ve purchased your tickets, they’ll be out the door next week. In the unlikely event that season ticket holders don’t receive their email confirmation by the August 9, call 1-800-469-JETS.