17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

you simply go to account manager and transfer tickets, it instantly voids barcode on your hardcopy tickets. That is why people who demand hardcopy tickets for safety reasons makes no sense. I can sell you hardcopies and cancel them after fact and re-issue electronic ones.

The NFL ticket exchange for instance as soon as buyer buys they take tickets out of your on-line account and never ask for your now worthless hardcopy tickets. .

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You list them, then email the buyer the tix and the parking pass too if you wish. It is in the form of a PDF, for a scannable bar code. Once you do that your hard tickets are useless.

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Trojen - I officially made the upgrade last Thursday. I believe there are a pocket of 4 seats still together, in great rows/seats. Quite honestly, any seat in the LSL are good.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I love we all have strategies. Mine is sell everything where sales price exceeds ticket price +psl fee+selling fee except Jets/Giants and Jets/Ravens which I already invited people too. Then if I want to go to games I sold, I have a few friends in UD who will sell me a single at face. Not that they could sell a single UD ticket for above face anyhow close to game day. Trouble is with texas, thanksgiving day and buffalo not many games make a profit when you factor in all costs. Plus I rather take kids to a less important game anyhow as me at a Pats, Packers, Vikings game and children do not mix. Maybe Texas, I could care less.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Any below row ten within ten seats of 20K seats in LSL. That is what friend is trying to get but Jets say don't exist.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Assuming the IRS doesn't audit you and make you claim the market value instead of face for the pair, that $190 loss works out to +$12 per ticket for the 8 regular season games making it cost you $132 per seat. Now you have to unload your extras on stubhub at $155 just to break even because of the 15% fee. So lets say you only go to 4 games and sell the rest, and the market tells you that $120 face (generous) is what the average fan will pay for those. After fees you're getting $102 which is a $30 loss per ticket. Now all of a sudden, the 4 games you did use are $162 per seat, for upper deck no less. Why would anyone want to go through all that trouble to pay $162 when you can pick and choose not only your games, but also your seats on the secondary market, and for probably 40 bucks less than that per seat....

7. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Lowest row that still exist was 20th in section 135

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

how many seats are you from 20K section, thanks

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

If it's a good location in the uppers I would pull the trigger. One thing I would NOT do is buy the orange parking. Hold off on that and go on ebay I've been seeing full season parking passes go for about $330. $80 more than cost of the orange pass but after driving through the lots it's worth the extra $8 per game to be much closer.

10. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I'm 12 seats from the 20k section...

11. MaMaJet

MaMaJet New Member

The Jets have taken out my seats

Anyone else get this call?

We are a 35+year season ticket holder passed down from my Dad. We were priced out of our six seats in section 11 row 8 seats, so we opted to purchase in the 1st row of the end zone. Good fans that we are we opted to purchased 4 more seats than we had in the old stadium for a total of 10.

Last week I received a call from the Jets ticket office to say they are removing our seats and need to relocate us ............ to put in a TV camera! Yes I said removing all 10 of my seats and some other fans seats also - I guess if you cannot sell the PSL's just remove them! They said it was due to construction - construction is over - you had Bon Jovi there! This is a renovation. Does that mean anytime you renovate we could lose our seats.

Yes I paid my PSL and my season invoice.

Their solution was another section near the lower endzone, of course not the front row and we are sorry. Two year and millions of dollars and you figured out last week that you needed more cameras - for the blackout?

Oh yeah - or we could just get our money back!

The PSL prevents one from suing, so we would need to go to arbitration with only weeks till the 1st game. We have contacted the press no one seems to care - wrote a letter to Woody and no response as of yet.

Beware what you bought may not be yours forever ...........

12. MadBacker Prime

I heard rumors of this going on, and the consensus seams to be that a corporate sponsor is getting those.

have you been there, the place is all set, now entire row being removed.

What section where you in?

13. MaMaJet

MaMaJet New Member

Yes we were there .....

We are in 103 - we went for the tour on July 10th - we could not sit in them as the crane was hovering over from the BonJovi game but the sales rep brought us down to see and the we went a safe distance away and then to the other other endzone to get a feel for it.

14. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

My other strategy is to have all my LLEZ seats on sale at a profit including at least the pro rata PSL Cost and all selling fees. If the LLEZ tickets sells first and that is one of the games we are going to, I'll pull down the UD seats and sit there.

15. MadBacker Prime

If that is their excuse, I will gladly go visit that section for the preseason opener its gotta be BS.

PLus the contract works both ways right? They should put you in a club or something with no price change.

16. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Call them back and speak to the ticket manager. If you make a reasonable offer to "resolve" the situation, I bet they will accomodate you. In addition to the unsold PSL's, all teams hold back seats for sponsors and situations like this. Whatever you do, don't threaten them overtly. It will cost them money to arbitrate and they need bad press like a hole in the head. They know it and you know it.

In your place, I would politely argue that they should move you to good seats in an "upgraded" section for the same PSL. Front row seats are premium seats and you deserve something for your troubles. While there are seats in LLEZ, they are not comparable to what you had.

I bet they would agree to move you to Mezz A or one of the LL corner seats at the existing PSl as a settlement of the dispute. The key is to get the ticket manager on the phone, be polite, and to be persistent.

Good luck.

17. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Contact Mushnick at The Post.. he will write about your story.

philmushnick@nypost.com

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

How many rows are they removing in section 103 for this camera ??

Are the remaining people in Section 103 going to be blocked by a cameraman ??

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Wow that sucks, you got totally fucked

20. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

10 seats...Long time fan...should be a good story. I'll start surfing The Post for when it shows up. What a bunch of crap!