17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Where'd you upgrade to?

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

There is a guy on stub hub row one of section 117 with parking selling every game for cheap. Jets/Vikings $250. Sales list the cheapest sale at $433 in that section in row one and that was last week for the seats next to him. Best is he is selling some games for under $200. Seat, PSL and parking on those seats are a combined $250 a game. He is selling row one under cost in July 2010. Crazy. He just destroyed prices in whole LGL singlehandly by pricing row one at same price as cheapest seats in section.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Tickets were "shipped" to printer this week. They gave printer "final" list of ticket holders so print job is gone to shop. We will get fed ex tracking numbers next week and then towards begining of second week in August physical tickets should be received by us via Fed Ex. Supposedly jumbo sized really cool looking tickets for first season.

You can still switch except you will still be mailed old tickets which you need to fed ex back so you can get right seats.

4. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

Don't worry too much about him, he's got 3 seats, and you have to buy all 3 at that price. Still a great deal, but not many people want 3 seats. Across the field in Section 143 R12 somebody's selling at $212. Crazy!!!

#8544 basketballjones72, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  5. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Can someone confirm that *all* STHs get this as an option? I would have posted my tickets on eBay/StubHub a while ago, but I've been worried that if I state "Electronic Delivery" as an option I might get screwed.

Also, how does it work? Is it just a page where you stick in an email address and it emails the tickets?

I changed my seats twice. One of the Jets reps emailed me saying I would have to mail back my original seats and then they'd re-ship my new seats to me. So, yea, I think people who moved around during the last price cuts will be getting the wrong tickets. If we're able to just download/email the tickets, then this is all really moot.

6. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

upgraded to lower sidelines (section 135, row 22), i had a chance to sit in the seats last thursday night at the preview party held in the club section of the stadium.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yep it is like a super cheap fee, I think like one buck a ticket last year. You just need their email address. You can even do it for parking passes. It is great. Lets say you live in LI and morning of game can't make it, you can give tickets to cousin in Jersey via this service with a few clicks.

I would 100% sell pre-season on line and state electronic delivery. You don;t want to commit to hardcopy and get some jerk buyer insisting you deliver the hardcopy last minute and you are running around.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

How are the LSL visitor side seats, my friend bought in 142 row 13 seats 11 and 12 and never could make it there and now is panicing about the view for 20K.

9. jlevin

jlevin New Member

Quick question:

Just got called about upper deck tickets. Should I pull the trigger or hold off so I don't have to buy preseason games? Do you think they'll be tickets left in a couple weeks?

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

100% depends if you are one and done. They will do deals for UD EZ row 20 and beyond no doubt. But good UD sideline seats row 20 and down (forget four corners by UD EZ) will all sell as people will eat the one bad pre-season game to guarantee good seats in future years.

This is a rare year with only one pre-season game to eat. Easy to get close to face on a good UD seat for Jets/Giants preseason game.

what are they offering?

11. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Because the visitor sides LSL is larger than the Jets LSL (because of the LSL Select section), i was able to gain an additional 10yrd closer to the 50yr line. The same seats in section 116 (which i sat in also) felt like i was looking at the 15yrd line. My seats in section 135 place me around the 25yrd line - Big net gain if you ask me! Depending on the numbering in section 142, your friend will either be a few yards behind the 20yrd or closer to the 30yrd line - huge difference. He should call his agent to see...

Honestly, i had a hard time giving up my corner endzones but felt the gain in position on the field made up for the delta.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Hey jlevin, welcome to Jetsland. I've been saying for months that you'll be able to get season tickets without buying preseason games if you just wait it out, and probably in PSL locations without having to buy a PSL. I'm waiting it out, and even then I don't know if $120 per tickets is worth it. Most likely I'll just buy individual game tickets from stubhub for below face and then later in the season the Jets will have discount specials for $20 tickets

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You may not eat game one but you're taking at least a 25% hit

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

For a UD pair, so lets say ticket $240 game one, sell it for $200

Ticket, $240 game two, donate them and get $90 dollar tax write off.

So you paid $480 got back $290 and in the hole for $190.

So you are paying a $190 fee in hopes that you are getting a better seat than will be available by the time they do the discounts. If it craps out and you are wrong, you lost $190.

This ain't big bucks at this stage.

15. trojannation

trojannation New Member

i had gone a couple of weeks back to check out my LSL seats in Row 27 right by the aisle and was very impressed with the view and height.

stuartfl, when did you make the upgrade?

16. MadBacker Prime

Did Sanchez draw you to the Jets, are you USC alumni?

Just curious, I read a LA paper saying that there is a large Jet fan base out there now, larger then before at least. (a lot of transplants)

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Sun, 11/21 at 1:00 PM EST
    Home: New Meadowlands Stadium
    Military Appreciation Day.

OMG $15 dollar tickets are making at comeback so early. I have to sell that game asap/

18. MadBacker Prime

Where did you see that?

19. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am confused by how this works with the Jets. I thought they were sending us hard tickets. In the past, when I had electronic tickets to other events, ticketmaster would set me up with a .pdf and I would never get hard tickets.

With TicketExchange, I know I can scan my barcodes in and they will take care of the rest.

Let's say I get my hard tickets on 08-04-10. If I want to sell them electronically through Stubhub, what do I have to do and who do I contact to pull it off?

20. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I bought an extra set of UD SL seats with the intention of selling them most of the time. $105.00 per game per ticket. Total investment: $2100.00

My 10 cent math:eek:n both ticktes
    1. Giants - just about break even on Stubhub. Lost $50 total
    2. Redskins - bloodbath. Loss $100 after fees.
    Total loss on Pre Season: $150-200

Ravens, Pats, Vikings, Packers and Dolpins: Gain $400-500 net
    Bengals: I thought it would be a loss, but at $105 FV someone can see TO, Palmer, Ochocinco and a decent Bungles team. Close to break even.
    Texans: Break even - minimal loss
    Bills: Probably a Loss.

If the Jets have home playoff games, I make money - period.

All in, I figure that I will make a small profit. Next year, I can possibly leverage them into better seats or get rid of them. Not a large risk.

While someone can get tickets later and avoid the PS games, they are going to be UDEZ seats. If you can grab sidelines seats, much better for viewing and for resale.

IMHO - the only reason to wait would be to try and snag PSL seats in the lower bowl without paying for the PSL.

A few things to consider:
    - Lets say the Jets end up 2,000 seats short of a true sellout. At 80K, the NMS attendance will be among the largest in the NFL. Woody is going to have tons of revenue.
    - The NMS still doesn't have a corporate sponsor. Until the naming rights are sold, Woody and Mara are not going to want to do anything to create any more negative press regarding the stadium.
    - Club seats don't count towards the sellout. Some corporate guy trying to convince his boss to approve 2 clubs seats and PSL is not going to win that argument if Woody just shafted the existing PSL holders. Again, they don't want negative press.
    - The only way any remaining PSL's will have value is if they are not sold on a per game basis. If they ever sell season tickets in PSL sections without a PSL, they will never sell another PSL.

With the exception of club seats, the only way I see them selling PSL seats in the open market (and not hidden through a middle man):
    - Jets sell single game tickets for a significant premium over what PSL holders paid on a per game basis. They will never sell season tickets that way.
    - The Cowboys did it this this season when they sold single game seats. For example a $125 seat for PSL owners in the Loge section is a $179 per game ticket.

#8560 Digetydog, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010