Cimini: Sanchez improved? 'Without a doubt'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Jul 26, 2010.

1. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Sanchez improved? 'Without a doubt'
    By Rich Cimini
    ESPNNewYork.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5407255

2. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

sanchez is incredibly mature for his age.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

"I'm not even good yet" Love it.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

When I saw Cimini's name I thought the title was going to read 'not quite'.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

great read, gotta love this kid. He is going to work his ass off to be the best player he can physically be. I was against the notion of him from the start, but I don't think I have ever been so happy to be wrong.

6. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Gotta agree. I had my ???s too. For a young kid and not that much experience, he really did ok during the season and was impressive during the playoffs. But really what says alot is the time he has spent during the offseason to improve himself. If he picks up where he left off, we should have a great year....Im really psyched for this season!!

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm glad to see he's beyond his years in the maturity department (not really a surprise) and he will continue to develop in the on-field department. He's already proving himself to be the team leader and damn.....he's so EASY to rally around!

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

agreed I feel like that is where a lot of people are left behind and just become jags. Most people who find success early on in their careers, tend to either lessen their work in the offseason or keep it at the same level. Sanchez on the other hand, seems to have not only stepped it up, he seems to have taken his preparation to a level that only a handfull in the NFL seem to have. We can only hope all of this preparation leads to incredible success on the field.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Are we sure this is a Cimini article?

His best line this year was the Hrd Knocks promor - "...all we need is a QB..." But this line was good too...

10. milo

milo Well-Known Member

The way last year unfolded was the best thing that could've happened to a rookie QB. He pretty much got three years worth of lessons condensed into one.

Year one (week 1-3): The phenom who can do no wrong. Writers punching his ticket to Canton.

Year two (week 4-15): Sophmore slump.

Year three (week 15-19): "I know what it takes to win, and more importantly I know what gets us beat."

Year four....

11. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

has there been a qb that has started one season in college and then be the starter for his entire rookie year in the pros? i cant think of any ... given the circumstances, i think sanchez did a remarkable job last year

having said that, he cant possibly play any worse than he did last year ... this team should have no problem winning 10+ games

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Hey if Cimini writes something positive take it to da bank :up:

week 3 preseason Cimini headline "Obvious Sanchez has digressed, Jets Revis bombs Tanny's home"

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Looking forward to seeing how much Sanchez improves next season, if he plays anything like he did in the playoffs were in for a nice surprise, Jets can't be beaten if Sanchez plays like he did against the Colts

I think it also helps that he has more options on the field, he'll go through his progressions with more weapons on the field

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

One of the more interesting things to look for right out of the box this year will be the pass run ratio on playcalling. We may see whether it changes much in pre-season, but we won't really know much until the first regular season game or two.

An increase in the number of pass plays will indicate increased confidence in Sanchez's ability to avoid mistakes. If the ratio does not change much, imo that will be a fairly clear indicatiation they think he requires more prep before the gloves come off.

#14 Big Blocker, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

A positive article by Cimini? Holy shit!

I'm still a little weary about Sanchez, but practicing against this defense in Training Camp can only help him improve.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

With a year under his belt really understanding the system and a much improved offense, coupled with his desire to be the best, I think MS will make HUGE strides this season.
    Look at his 3rd and 4th options, Cotch, Keller, LT out of the backfield?I mean, shit, these are top players at their positions and would be 1st and 2nd options on other teams!
    This new and improved offense will go a long way towards his success.

I feel pretty confident that the QB position is locked up for at least the next 12 or so years.
    How long has it been since we've had that to look forward to, and actually been right?

17. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Tell us something we don't already know...

Sanchez was decent as a rookie, but the Jets ground attack saved him from looking only mediocre in my opinion. He's got a good head on his shoulders, but I haven't seen a lot of confidence in his arm strength thus far. He relies heavily on short, intermediate routes that don't involve taking much risk. Just my opinion...

I actually like Sanchez, and I think the Jets did very well drafting him. He's still learning, so let's just wait and see how well he matures. He should improve over time if he's got the goods. As a Dolphins fan, I wouldn't mind having Sanchez. But personally, I think Henne is still better...

~BK~

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Dolphins fans always have to bring up that Henne is better (though you said you thought he was Henne's better so at least you stated that was your opinion). Henne is going into his 3rd year, so is unfair to compare him to a guy who left college one year early and has only started 15 games in the NFL. Even though they were both starters last year, Henne has been "prepped" more than Sanchez has been for the starting position of NFL Quarterback. I would give it 1 or 2 years to be able to judge it.

19. GreenMachine

Henne looked great pussing out vs the Steelers with a fake injury.

20. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

haha AT LEAST HE KNOWS HOW TO SLIDE!! jk