NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yes, you can set a recruiting difficulty in this year's game. It's pretty awesome, but it also sucks for me right now.

It's incredibly hard for me to bring in any commits above two stars. I'm recruiting on Heisman as well.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Stop trying to make GT look so bad and just focus on making your school look as good as possible.

Make promises and don't offer the players right away - wait a little bit before you give them a scholarship.

3. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Haha I usually dont compare, but I needed to make up ground. I started using the promises but it didnt work like I would have hoped

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Also, make sure you find out what's most important to them in the beginning, and when you schedule a visit with the player, set the visit agenda based to those points.

5. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I played a match up against Bama today, WOW that team is amazing, I got killed on AA, I put it down to Varsity, still got a beat down

6. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I have noticed a few times while playing that when scrambling with my QB, the animation seems kinda off.

It seems like he accelerates to another speed randomly and at times his feet don't move as I run, like he's sliding on ice or something?

Anybody else have these issues?

7. jgangstahippie7:18

Anyone want to do an online dynasty mode?

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I just played Southern Cal in my New Mexico State dynasty.

I've rushed for 100 yards with my power back in every game but one this season - they held me to just 32 yards.

I usually win or lose by very small margins: 21-17 (W), 14-13 (L), 24-21 (W), 28-21 (W) - scores like this.

USC beat me 38-10.

They're the only top tier school that I play this season, so with a 4-3 record with the toughest team out of the way, I should make it to a bowl.

9. jetsflip2101

jetsflip2101 Well-Known Member

This is a great game i can't put down lol

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I think I'm going to give up Dynasty mode for now and focus on my Road to Glory because I'm going away in a couple of weeks and I want to be ready when the new Madden comes out

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Though on the flip side, I played against Rutgers in the Sugar bowl and I scored 61 (same difficulty setting) I scored fewer points when I played an FCS school and ULMonroe

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Road to Glory is gay

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

How much factor is given for road vs home games? Teams that aren't used to playing in Laramie find it difficult to play the Cowboys because the stadium is at over 7000 feet. I know the game is realistic but is it that realistic that altitude would cause a team that plays at sea level to wear down faster?

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, it's not that realistic. I'm not sure if we'll ever see a video game get that specific.

The weather plays a huge factor in games though. If it's raining, receivers slip during their routes which can be incredibly frustrating in close games. It completely destroys your timing.

There's definitely a home field advantage too. If your stadium's loud enough, it's close to impossible for the visiting team to audible.

Your stadium can also become one of the "Toughest Places to Play" - but you either have to go undefeated at home for a long time or just have a consistently big/loud home crowd.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I just finished my first season with NMSU. I went 8-5 with a loss to UCONN in the Hawaii Bowl.

The recruit overall ratings are all over the place. I signed two tight ends - a 3 star and a 2 star. The 2 star was rated 64 and the 3 star was rated 57.

16. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Really? Maybe the 3 star will progress better than the 2 star? Watch that over the upcoming seasons

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I will.

I ended up keeping both players at tight end, but I'm starting the 3 star at fullback because he's a good run blocker.

I also ended up with two 3-star wideouts. One of them has 94 speed, but he has horrible acceleration and the other has 81 speed and he's an absolute beast because of 96 acceleration.

18. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Sounds like a pretty damn good recruiting class, Mr.E

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I just landed my first "big" recruit. 3 star juco sophmore qb. he comes in as a 79, the next best qb on my roster is a 73 overall senior.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's awesome that you found a 3-star rated that high.

FTR, the best quarterback on my roster is rated 68 and I elected to start a redshirt freshman rated 62 over him. I'll take 72 speed and shitty accuracy over 59 speed and shitty accuracy.