17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Unless they are complete morons, there are not a lot of unsold uppers available. Why: because when I tried to buy two seats over the last week, they didn't give me a lot of choices. Unless they are holding back for some unknown reason (I was adding seats), there are not a lot of good UD seats to be had. No upper primes. Very few Upper sidelines. Some Upper endzones.

While they had "some" seats, they were scattered about the place and seemed likely to have come from people who upgraded. If you have great seats in the UD, why would you give up those seats even if you decided to get some PSL seats?

Although I scored some aisle seats, they were higher than I would have liked. I could have had lower seats, but they would have been in the EZ.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That is not true at all. I was offered row one in 110, row three 144, 134 and 133 and a row four and a row five in endzone. Plus a few row fours in 144 and 134.

The 110 was pre-price reduction and 30k for pair was well over limit. Others such as the 134 which was a row 3 off aisle from 135 in the time it took me to get in touch with someone to go in on it with went.

The best rows 1,2 and 3 were in the 10K and 15k pre-price reduction if you bought as soon as called. But those sections were way way overpriced at time and Woody was saying no price reductions. I know a few guys who actually held nose and bought and were rewarded with great seats and a price cut. I was not able or willing to take that gamble. Other were NFL release seats, seats pop up due to upgraders etc. They come and go real quick. Best way it to be on your rep low upgrade list and tell him if one comes up just send you contract without even calling. Trouble is that only works for upgrades, they ain't moving you forward in same price point.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

what is left up there, my friend wants to upgrade?

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

When I talked to the guy about LLEZ seats, he said most of the remaining "blocks" of seats available were near (under) the dripline. Although he didn't use the term, the bad seats are available. Pricing isn't going to help those seats. Mezz B seats still are overpriced and I don't see how they are going to sell all the PSL's in Mezz at any price. Essentially, you have UD Endzone seats at LD game prices + the cost of a PSL.

Given Woody's public pronouncements about not selling single game seats in PSL sections, he is going to have problem.

If he sells a large number single game tickets at FV in PSL section, I can see someone filing a class action against him for fraud. While the language in the PSL agreements is pro-Jets, it might not be bulletproof and litigation is always costly.

I predict:
    1. Mezz B PSL remain $2.5K, but PSL owners get ticket price dropped to UD EZ pricing. Fans get refund and are happy. Remaining Mezz B seats sold on per game basis at $120 per game.

2. LLEZ Seats: remaining seats sold on "per game" basis to existing season ticket (UD and PSL) owners at FV or a discount to FV. If the seats are good, people might add/upgrade. To keep PSL owners in those sections happy, "others" will be able to buy them at a premium.

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Basically, sidelines above 15 (towards endzone), no Upper Primes, and a fairly random sampling in the UD EZ.

#8305 Digetydog, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Don't be so sure. If I were them with 10,000 unsold uppers out of like 25,000 total, I would leave the best ones for last and make sure they didn't show up on sales rep inventory. Why? Because if someone can't get a decent seat up there, they'll be forced to pay for a PSL somewhere else. They're probably looking to sell the crappiest uppers to fans who just want to get in the door at the cheapest price.

I think there are big chunks of uppers reserved, not necessarily 50 yard line or first 5 rows, but a lot. I just don't see that big of a market for people willing to spend $950 per seat to watch from low earth orbit after being slapped around by the Jets so much

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If there aren't too many PSL seats left Woody could buy those and donate to local children groups or military vet groups. Stuff like that, psl owners won't complain and solves any crappy unsold seat problem.

8. Clayture

Clayture Member

Seems I saw ROJF mention that row 1 in the upper decks has plexi-glass that you have to look through. But don't take my word as official confirmation...

9. GordonGecko

Nice, it doesn't get much better than this:

[​IMG]

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah if you check here it does look like they have plexiglass.
    http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_york_jets/

11. GordonGecko

Someone must have a picture taken from a tour or event that shows what plexi or railings are there

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

There is plexiglass, worst seat is row one aisle UD Prime very high plexiglass on asile, if you are in a corner mainly looking downfield it stinks. UD prime I actually like last row (four better) can see over glass, no one behind you and you can jump into seat easily.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry I totally disagree with you about the P/glass. There was P/glass in the old stadium & it never ever bother me or any of the others that sat around me in row 1 seats in the UD. Maybe it is your perception that it obstructs your view but at least IMHO it has zero effect on the view you have from a front row UD seat which BTW was primo in the old stadium & I can think of no reason it will change in the new stadium. Actually I think the P/glass is there as I way to stop k/heads from throwing things from the UD down to the other decks. Otherwise I see no reason why they would they would even go thru the expense of investing in P/glass at all unless they think somebody will get so sloshed that they will fall out of the UD

#8313 championjets69, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Amazing that with the cost on NY's new stadiums in this day and age there are seats like this one at Citi Field. Yankee Stadium has some like this too. Incredibly bad.

FAIL

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

http://www.thejetsblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DSC06159.jpg

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am soon changing my screen name to championjet2011!!! Murphys law now states that someone buys a pair of champs tickets and falls over.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Pretty sure there is plexiglass at the bottom of the steps but railings where the seats are.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yep, that is what I see, but the aisle seat in row one is stinko in upper prime. But I bet on stubhub it sells for a lot as row one aisle sounds good on paper.

20. GordonGecko

It's not up to the Jets, it's up to East Rutherford