17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry to say IMHO us UDers will not be considered for SB tix if by some miracle we make it to Dallas in Feb

UDers will have to rely on such sites as Craigs List, Stubhub, Ebay, Ticketmaster etc, etc, etc to secure there tix if they wish to attend

#8281 championjets69, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately one of the first things the Jets made clear about non-PSL seats was that they would not be a part of any Super Bowl lotteries. (The hosted 2014 SB is a different story) However, they did not mention home playoff games, so that remains to be seen. I'd expect that to be the same as it always has been - sending invoices to everyone in November, PSL or non-PSL.

227 - Enjoy your week in Beach Haven. I just returned from Brant Beach Saturday night. Try the buffalo chicken omelet with killer bee sting sauce at Chicken or the Egg.

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

How do the playoff invoices work? Do they wait to see if the Jets will have home playoff games or do they jump the gun and request a payment before the regualr season ends. And what happens if they don't have home playoff games, does the money go to future tickets or does it get refunded?

4. jmclaw

jmclaw New Member

Can anyone who has been in the NMS tell me what the view is like from 1st row UD around the 15? Is it ridiculoulsy high, or is it ok because of the front row? Thanks

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I scored some upper deck tickets over the weekend on the Aisle. Looking at SH pricing for Upper Sidelines, I should just about break even. If they make the playoffs and have a home game, nice profit.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Super Bowl lotteries aren't important as they used to be because face value is almost a grand so many people can't afford them and resell them so the secondary market is flooded with tickets that aren't a whole lot more expensive than face. IMO not worth shelling out for a PSL if that's what you're worried about

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It all depends on how the season goes but usually the end of November, beginning of December.

8. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Supposively the 4th or 5th row in the NMS, is equivalent to the last row in giants stadium. Take it for what its worth, but its definitely higher up there

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I walked up to the last row and I was surprised how good the view was. I wasn't at a football game so I reserve the right to change my mind but I was very pleasantly surprised w/ how good the view was.

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

That was just a talking point for the sales people so they could pressure people out of the Upper Deck and down into commission-yielding PSL seats.

The reality is that the seats in the UD are 30 feet further to the field that equivalent seats in Giants Stadium.

Whether that 30 feet is a significant difference or an acceptable one is entirely subjective.

11. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Thats exactly what I wanted to state and forget, someone told me that also. When I went to the stadium for that mini camp practice I was only able to see mezz 50 yardline about 15 rows up, it was a real good view. I was also able to see my seats LLEZ 3rw row. This was all very difficult for me as I was on crutches, I wanted to see the Upper Deck but didnt really get a chance to get up there and check them out. I only recieved my friends opinions who were with me that day that went up there. O and BTW if you are handicapp or some kind of disability, they take care of you there. When I went through the gates they saw that I was on crutches and they brought me a wheel chair and took me through the press area to get to my seats. You take the press elevator up and your right there. As soon as I got off the elevator they took me to the handicapp section on the LL and its right on the 50 yard line. No matter what if your handicapp you have the option of going to where your seats are, or going to the handicapp section that each level has. And they are all on the 50 yardline. Im suppose to start walking right around the Monday Night Game against the Ravens. If i am walking by then im debating wether or not to bring the crutches to get the ultimate view. I think you can bring 2 other people with you to the handicapp section.

#8291 Hennessy2710, Jul 19, 2010
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Invoices have to go out early so they can get the tickets in everyone's hands. They send an invoice as long as there's a mathematical chance of them making it - and they send it to include three rounds. It's up to the ticket holder to pay up, or take the chance of not forking the money over by missing out. Since it is during the holiday season I always wait until the last possible moment to decide to pay. They refund the money in January if you ask them too otherwise it is applied as a credit to the next year's seats.

I only got "burned" once - the year of the miracle finish when we beat GB in the final week to win the division. It was a very remote possibility that we'd be hosting a game, yet alone make the playoffs. Well, we did make it, and I lost my seats. BUT sooo many others did it too that there were many seats sold on ticketmaster, so I had to wait on line after taking a sick day from work - and wound up with seats in a better location that my usual seats, so it worked out just fine. It got even better when we kicked the crap out of the Colts in the playoff game.

So, if the chances are hosting are slim I'll roll the dice again because that will mean a lot of people didn't send the money in either and there'll be plenty of tickets available. I'd suggest others to do the same since you could end up in a better location anyway - but it's a risk.

13. MadBacker Prime

That's not true, they send it to include the rounds we could host.

In 2008 it was 2, last year it was just 1.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

For my games this season, I'm getting dropped off right in front by an ambulette, as I mosey along, neck brace and wheelchair for added measure. Who knew?

15. GordonGecko

Expecting the next shoe to drop first week of August, "EVERYTHING MUST GO!" promotion with reductions on PSL sections that haven't moved. Maybe even a ticket price reduction - could it be? I'm thinking they still have at least 20,000 unsold seats

16. MadBacker Prime

I thought that was the number they had left before the big price cuts??

They're are 54,669 PSL seats, so 20,000 is nearly half of that. I hope to god they sold more then that.

#8296 MadBacker Prime, Jul 19, 2010
  17. GordonGecko

What they say and what's true is a whole different thing. My 20K estimate includes unsold uppers.

18. MadBacker Prime

I could see that, I wish they'd just stop being so secretive about it.

I don't know why but I really want to know how many are left. I know they can't release that info just for sales reasons alone.

Maybe we can find a fired sales rep or something.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Chicken or the Egg is hard to beat, but if you like seafood and don't mind an informal setting, try the Clam Bar on Centre Street in Beach Haven. BYOB. It's not Daddy-O's, but they give you a great fried flounder or scallops dinner for $10.95. Go with the mussels in white wine, butter and garlic sauce for an appetizer. Probably the best clam chowder (white or red) on the island too.

Damn... you're making me hungry now. Time to get back to the beach... then maybe head over to the Clam Bar later. Tough job but somebody's gotta do it. Eat your fucking hearts out gentlemen.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

UD tickets are included in superbowl lottery. The Jets publicly stated that. However, all 2,000 coaches club automatically gets tickets. The lottery is also weighted. For instance something like this, UD one ticket, Mezz B, LLEZ two tickets, 5k, 3 tickets, 6k, 4 tickets, 7.5k 5 tickets, etc. So you have a higher chance of wining the higher your ticket/psl price.

How many unsold tickets are there today, it is anyones guess. I would say UD EZ row 15 and beyond is fairly empty along with Mezz clubs in the middle sections and still lots of seats in Mezz B. LLEZ 2.5k seats left are interesting, as it is not about price, 2.5k is a decent price, it is fact remaining ones suck, making them 1.5k still won't help.

Other indicator of sales is one week before the 15k was reduced to 10k only 40% of seats were sold. Even more interesting the two skinny sections on jets side were not reduced as they had good sales, that means 135, 142, 110 and 116 which was reduced to 10K were around 70-80% empty as of a few weeks ago