NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Electric, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

For the time being , I run hard to point of attack then switch off and let computer do the job.

2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Does anyone know if their is a way to lengthen the defensive play clock because its kind of hard to scroll through your options on a major play when you have 10 seconds

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You have to be fast - setting your formation subs is huge in crucial situations.

As soon as I see my opponent's personnel, I immediately move my formation and I know if I'm going to blitz beforehand depending on down and distance.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

Oh is there any way to substitute in certain packages , without changing the package.. Like put my 3rd string runningback in on a toss..

5. jgangstahippie7:18

Anyone want to start up an online dynasty league?

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This is something I've been clamoring for in practice mode but if you're talking about in an actual game I try to treat each play likes it's a puzzle where I have to put each piece into a specific place. After a while it becomes instinctual where if there's, for example, an extra TE on the line I click the left bumber and then left or right on the left thumbstick. A lot of the time you won't have enough time to make all your defensive adjustments for every level of the defense so you'll have to make concessions like settling for DL and LB adjustments on early downs or DB and LB adjustments on 3rd downs. Down and distance is obviously also important so if your opponent is in a 3rd and long, sometimes "showing blitz" is the difference between the end of a drive and a big play.

7. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

This.

I'm not on the game right now, but I know there's an option that accelerates the time, don't know if that's the answer but try turning it off.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So it's been a while since I've purchased this (last time was NCAA 09) and one of the things I didn't like was the removal of the sub division teams like William and Mary or Montana. Nothing like a game between UCLA and FCS West to start your season off. Have they brought back the actual FCS teams or is it still the West, East, South, North crap?

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

They still have the generic FCS teams like West, East, South, and North...but the TeamBuilder feature will make you want the game.

A lot of guys are creating the real FCS teams with accurate rosters and uploading them into the game - of course you have to replace an existing team, but who's going to miss Arkansas State?

The Teambuilder site has logos for each and every FCS team, so it's a lot easier to create one than it would be to make an original/made-up school.

10. Barry the Baptist

Hmmm I don't see the value of dumping Western Kentucky to add Wofford but the team builder sounds cool. I wish they would bring back the FCS teams. I'm not sure why they got rid of them but one feature I assume will be added in the future is the conference manager so you can create super conferences.

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Do you select by formation, type of play, or coaches recommendation. I've been doing formation, its not going to well because you dont have the time to look through formations

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

eastern michigan sucks! i will make them a national powerhouse though.

13. Barry the Baptist

How dare you knock the school that produced Charlie Batch like that, the city of Ypsilanti is in mourning now. BTW got that spelling correct on my 1st try!!! I fucking :drunk:

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

Anybody else having trouble catching interceptions ?

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No - I started a dynasty with New Mexico State. I lead the nation in interceptions per team.

It's all about timing. I've picked off 4 or 5 passes with defensive linemen.

16. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

If anything, it's too easy to get picked by the front 7.

17. Tight

Tight Active Member

I usually roam with the safety... and Know im getting the hang of the speed and things, but I just continue to drop them... I dunno... Guess I'll Just time it better... Hey Mr. E Nebraska is very good in this game... Their corners are ridiculous...

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It's all that corn they eat.

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Depends on the situation. Most of the time I do by formation, but if you're doing all running plays or all pass plays you can do by type.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yeah, it's pretty damn ridiculous. I stopped throwing the middle screen completely because I kept getting intercepted by defensive tackles.