17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Maybe why that why it took him ten years to learn how to run a team.

2. thinnyc

thinnyc New Member

So, from what I’m reading here: if I wait a little longer, you guys who already bought tickets will move into better seats, and I should be able to get your old spots, for a cheaper PSL? And get free parking, not that I’m looking for it.

A Jets rep has been blowing up my cell phone the last few days. Is he panicking?

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Wait a lot longer, like late August where you can pick up a 1 year season ticket contract anywhere you want without owing a cent for a PSL or for any toilet paper preseason games

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

They just opened up UD ticket sales today!! They are calling UD ticket holders to see if they want to buy more tickets. Funny as shit part is UD tickets are "out at printers" now so you can't upgrade only buy more. The Jets are just sooo cute.

PSL reps are trying to "back-fill" 5k, 6k and 7.5k LL Seats. Lots of folks downgraded to 2.5k seats or upgraded to 10K seats which left a whole bunch of new seats to sell in three sections that used to be nearly sold out.

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Been reading JI today?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I had an EXTREMELY annoying call last night from one of the sales shills... the same one as the last time. He is neither my original rep nor is he the one who gave me my tour, yet he talks to me like he's been working with me the entire year. It was suppertime and my food was literally on my plate and ready to eat when the phone rang.

JR: "Hey, how's it going?"

Me: "I'm doing fine, JR, but my food is on the table and I'm right in the middle of supper."

JR: "Well, this won't take long... I know you wanted me to call you back about some seats in the MEZZ."

Me: "No, I didn't. I asked you to let me know if you can upgrade me in the Upper Deck."

JR: "Well, no, I can't do that right now, but I know you were interested in better seats and this might be your last chance to get some really good ones."

ME: "JR, like we talked about the last time, if I was interested in a PSL I would have bought one a long time ago. We talked about this at length. They're all picked over now and I'm even less intersted now than I was a year ago. Besides, my food is getting cold now so I've got to run."

JR: "Okay, when's a good time to call you back? Can I call you tomorrow then?

ME: "I'm on vacation starting tomorrow and heading for the Jersey shore. I'll be gone for the whole week."

JR: "Well, why don't you call me later tonight then? I'll be here until 7:30."

Me: "Listen, I gotta go, JR. Thanks for the call."

7. Section 227. Row 5

Lying sacks of shit. Why do you people even give these despicable fucks the right time of day? I don't even like talking to them on the phone anymore... it's like their sleaziness will rub off on me or something. I feel like I need a shower after I hang up the phone.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

:rofl:

Welcome to my world....only thing is that I've been left alone after the last e-mail I sent back basically calling them Bullshitters about the UD situation....

oh, and props on the way you handled that!! :up:

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Regarding Jets. 100% of the time I dealt with Jets employees that have been 100% honest and do the right thing in regards to new stadium.

Disclaimer is PSL reps are temp employees that go stadium to stadium selling season tickets and PSLs, do a key word search on their names and bios appear where they move from team to team, suns, cavaliers, knicks etc. selling season ticket plans for various sports. That said I am fine with that. They are professional hired guns who may or may not even watch football. I would love to grab a few beers with any of them. They are just doing their jobs. However, PSL reps are not authorized to read off the script nor break the rules as they are not members of Jets management. 227 I love you man, but talking to a PSL rep is like yelling at your TV while watching a football game and thinking the players can hear you. Watch the movie boiler room and you get a pretty good idea of a PSL reps life.

I think the main problem people have is they confuse PSL reps with Jets, they are like the Aramonk guy selling you a hot dog or the lady at the VISA table trying to sell you a credit card. If the hot dog sucks or the credit card overcharges you the Jets get blamed. The Jets are however at fault as the "fan experience" and "loyality" gets disminished long after the PSL reps have moved to Cleveland in a few months where their new job is to get Cavalier season tickets holder to re-subscribe now that the team sucks.

Other issue with UD seats, is very little people in UD sideline between goal lines row 15 and down really gave up seats. They are either long term ticket holders, scalpers or being held back for sponsor/players. A new fan in row 26 UD EZ might be estatic to move to section 343 row 19 if he had the chance. But for most older fans already between goal line in UD there will likely be no magic wand to move them down a few rows or closer to the 50.

Scalpers already got burnt in first round of UD allocation where they bought too many UD EZ and corner seats thinking they were a hot commodity. They are not. Factoring in stubhub fees and 2-4 shitty games to sell they would be lucky to break even. Scalpers now like the rest of us only want goal line to goal line row 15 and down. Those UD EZ seats are worthless for anyone who plans on sellng a few games.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

This just report on JI,

"Well, they did move on to the waiting list... I'm on the list and got a call yesterday offering UD seats. I asked about upper sideline and he offered 336/16 and I think 339/26... sounded like they had a fair amount available".

I also got called, offered 342 row 17 by Mr. 227. I turned them down. UD seats sidelines for sale for anyone who calls up. Get them while you can!!
    Don't know if they are doing seat re-locations. The BS of this all is those who never bought any ticket in the new stadium can call up today and sit in a seat you need 25 year senority to get. But I guess Jets say hey you are welcome to add seats.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

When are tickets being mailed and when should I expect my tickets?

Your Jets season tickets will be mailed by the first week of August via FedEx, so expect tickets to arrive during the first or second week of August. For those fans who can’t wait to get their hands on this season’s tickets, they'll receive a confirmation email with the tracking number once the tickets have been sent.

Are season tickets still available?

Yes, we have limited availability in our PSL and Club sections. Call (800) 469-JETS or visit newyorkjets.com to purchase PSLs and season tickets. This is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of ticket availability before tickets and PSLs sell out. We currently have a wait list for the non-PSL upper level locations. If you click on the link on this page, you can join the wait list and you'll be contacted about availability.

So Jets are saying just join wait list for UD seats and you will get called right away. WOW. Those seats were "oversold" just last month. Now they are "undersold"

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I kinda can't blame them, it's pretty hard to sell somebody on a PSL when Upper deck seats are still for sale, especially via the phone. But it's another story to take somebody up to see the view from their upper deck seats especially when they are in the higher rows (20 and up). Right now they probably are just trying to move everything asap! First game is 30 days away, which means time for the reps to give you the real deal as far as seat availability goes. I am surprised they didn't do no money done deals to sell the remaining seats.

13. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

So, say I planned on selling my Giants preseason game tickets... how am I supposed to mail the tickets to the buyer if I may or may not be getting the tickets in the second week of August? Do the Jets make the tickets available in a PDF (i.e. email'able) format?

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

At least the wait isn't long.

They should just call it the "we will call you right now list. Before you even the Jets site, we will call you"

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah email them and the parking pass through your Jets/Ticketmaster account.

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Awesome. And this feature is available to all STHs? I'm assuming they become available once they physically mail out the tickets?

17. Section 227. Row 5

The vast difference between you and I has always been that your focus is on tickets.... ticket purchases, transfers, locations, prices, changes in price, resale value, "secondary market" viability, desirability speculation, market forces, who got screwed, who made out well, scalping issues and which ones are going to do well and which ones aren't, speculation on all things ticket-related, etc., etc. Yet, you have not even been to the stadium once to examine in person the seat locations on which you profess to be such an expert. You even spend time key-word searching the names and bios' of sales reps. If this isn't the definition of a fetish I don't know what is, but I am not to judge that because there are far worse things in life.

You have to be a scalper. If you are not a scalper, you have missed your golden opportunity in life. I say this because people who are extremely successful usually all have one thing in common: they really, really enjoy what they are doing. They enjoy it sometimes to the point of being a fetish or a compulsive drive, and it's the one and sometimes only thing they have on thier minds 24/7. They think about it constantly, even in their spare time.

So I say to you that unless you are already a scalper, you need to become one. You're a natural. You state you'd like to have a beer with these temps. The only reason I'd have a beer with them is to offer the whores money to get me a better seat. Other than that, I have complete contempt for them... all of them. I'm afraid to say that my opinion of the entire NY Jets organization is considerably lower today than it was 18 months ago... and it's all because of the way they handled this matter. And I don't think I'm alone in this... I've met many people at the New Mausoleum Stadium already who have similar contempt for the Jets organization. Again, nothing to do with the team on the field, just the current FO ownership and administration and that goes right down to the last guy in line who you'd like to have a beer with.

You state that, "Those UD EZ seats are worthless for anyone who plans on sellng a few games." For the most part, 95% of the people reading this thread have bought tickets to sit in them and enjoy them. If their kids can't make a game, yes, they will sell them if they can. But I hardly think they bought their seats based on selling them. There's the difference. You're geared toward thinking about selling them first, whereas the average reader here thinks about that as an afterthought.

That having been said, the truth is ALL these seats are "worthless" if you look at resale. The PSL seats are "more worthless" than the UD seats, truth be known, becasue of the financial ball and chain the PSL imposes. You seem to be a self-proclaimed expert, yet have not been to the stadium and have not been buying season tickets for 25+ years. Believe me, I've seen it all so please, no lectures. You're a virgin at this, I hate to say, but I like you just the same. I like your drive and determination. I like people with that kind of work ethic and enthusiasm for what they do and I've surrounded myself and tried to associate with people like this all my life. Nothing breeds success like a passion for what you are doing. This is why you need to be a scalper. Seriously, a professional scalper. And you need to be doing this 24/7, not just while going to your "job," whtever the hell it is that you're doing to collect a paycheck while googling sales reps' names and bios', checking hourly availability and making annonymous calls to the Jets ticket office for updates.

All this having been said, if you are a scalper, I will pay you to help me upgrade my seats. That's right, that's what I said. You I would pay. You I would have a beer with, but not the lying, filthy, sack-of-shit scoundrels on the phones, because I at least have some degree of respect for you if you're a scalper and not the least ounce of respect for Woody's temporary, mercenary, beguiling, contemptuous, deceitful band of lying, impugnable, worthless piles of parrot-droppings.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Wow thanks for the compliments Mr. 227. In HS and in College I scallped Springsteen, Billy Joel, Jackson Brown, Clash, Stones etc. you name it. I knew roadies and ticket sales people, heck I knew Billy Joels next door neighbor. I would buy a whole row at a time.

I have family with seats in UD I can sit in at face anytime I want to go so I don't want extra seats. Jets offered me seats on goal line in UD row 15-17 in several locations. why did I now take them. A. I don't like view, B. Wife does not want to go to games up there. C., I always give one pair a season to a charity auction at work and can't sell tickets to win shit seats. D. Like to take boss, friends, kids to games as treat and not a treat up-top. E. When I can't make a game I need seats I can sell quick and cover my cost (ticket plus psl fee).

I can see a game anytime I want at face (except opening day and Pats) if I sit in UD.

Why do I monitor this so close, cause I enjoy it. I trade stocks, bond and tickets. Heck I am working on deal now where I get row one Giant PSLs singles and my friend who does gorrilla marketing will buy them for me, place a hot girl in the seat for big games with a sponsor ad and let me go to remainder games for free. Other guy wants to shrink wrap a car using my parking pass and place it in lot.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's still relevant whether you're a scalper or not because if they are worthless, what's the point of buying them from the Jets before the season starts when you can get the same thing cheaper from the secondary market or the jets themselves into the season.

If I'm going to buy tickets for myself, I need to know what they're actually worth because I don't like overpaying for something even if it's something I really want