Jets To Make Revis $100 Million Man?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Jul 11, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The rest here-
    http://sportsguysuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/07/jets-to-make-revis-100-million-man.html

I never heard of this site before but if it's structured anything like Brick's deal I doubt Revis signs it. No matter how you look at it 100 million is a lot of money for a CB. I could live with 12 million a year, I just don't know if Revis sees the big picture.

2. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

This... seems like old news.

I know the article is fresh, but isn't this the same offer that was initially shot down?

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's what I was thinking but maybe this deal has guaranteed money in it. lol

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hopefully Revis is just bluffing on the 16 million a year and really wants 12 million with a bunch of guaranteed money in the deal. That still would expose the Jets to a potentially bad cap situation but it wouldn't guarantee the problems that 16 million a year would, just make an injury very painful to the franchise.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Revis would sign a $10m/yr contract if it were all guaranteed.

Tanny would offer him a $20m/yr contract if none of it were guaranteed.

I guarantee it.

6. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I'm not so sure how reliable that source is, but I hope they're right. We can't afford a Revis hold out

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Eh, I think we can afford for revis to miss most of camp as long as he's suited up for week one. The more snaps Cro and Wilson get with the 1's the better IMO. Its not as if Revis needs a ton of time to get used to a defense or work on his skills. A week to shake the rust off would be just fine.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Actually, Revis can't afford to hold out. He will sign a deal just before training camp i think. his choices are sign something and at the very least get a big raise this year or play out this season for a million dollars.

9. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Darrelle Revis 07/11/2010 02:25 AM ET
    I just signed a deal with the miami heat to be there startin point guard, ill give the updates about my contract in a lil bit!!!

Is Revis losing his mind or did he just let his Turtle start running his twitter account?

10. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Revis has been talking a ridiculous amount of shit on twitter this offseason. At least during the season he was busy.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I have soured a lot on Revis this offseason. Unless he either signs his contract or sucks it up plays out his three years, and then comes out and performs like he did last year, then I'll have a hard time liking him like I did prior to this.

I dont' want to see him playing like a player who just got a big deal or a player who's playing like his team is screwing him over.

He's made himself out to be a very arrogant and selfish person. Something he never appeared to be before this contract junk started.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...and the dumbest post of the week award goes to...

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

the more i research on the revis contract situation, the more i realize we dont have much to worry about, if he wore to hold out this season, or next season, he loses 20 million guaranteed.

if he opts out next year, we can buy back his contract, meaning he will not be an unrestricted free agent, basicly we have him by the balls, he would be dumb to not eventually take the 100 million contract.

tanny is my hero!!!!!!

14. ajetsfan4ever

you obviously dont get the 'bussiness' side of the nfl.

I havent heard revis say a peep, but his agent on the other hand.........

15. ajetsfan4ever

#15 ajetsfan4ever, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

and who does the agent work for? Who was talking about holding out all throughout OTAs and such? Stop sucking this guy's shaft and be honest. The business side of the game is one thing. However, the posturing through the media everyday or week is not how a dignified professional does business.

He puts himself in front of the organization by refusing to accept anything less than Aso's contract. He goes in the media and tells how great he is. His agent does the same. I see no rings on his fingers. He had one phenomenal year (yes he was very good in his first two years, but he wants money based on last year) and he's deserves a huge contract? Let's get real.

The players who keep their mouth shut in public and just work with the man who's giving them their money are the players I can respect.

17. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

For those who knew Revis prior to this contract dispute started, we always knew he would be a problem. He's always been a selfish, insecure man who just happened to have a breakout year. He better hope he stays healthy and doesn't get injured otherwise he will be another Leon Washington.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You know Revis personally?

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Inside information at its finest!

If being upset that you are making a very small salary while being arguably the best CB in the league makes you selfish and insecure, so be it.

20. ajetsfan4ever

revis said today he will not hold out! so theres no real need to worry.

he needs to think long and hard though about that 6 year 100 million contract.