17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

When they send the invoice, it all depends on how our season goes. If we have it locked up early it'll be easier to know-

In 2008 when we didn't make it I paid the $600 that was due on 12/5/2008.

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Thanks for the reply, yeah I guess the 50 yd line seats were pretty much a rotating group of fans for whatever reason.

I would guess there will be alot of people like me who went to games on friends tickets or had a chance to buy on TM but never went on the waiting list. Does not mean they were any less of a fan just never had a chance to buy in their own name for a full season.

Back to my original question, did anyone get a refund check for the PSL reduction if they paid in full. Just wondering if I should ask again or let it ride.

Thanks for all of the different views in this thread, it pays to stay informed, in fact the seat I had last year in 111 I bought before they announced it thanks to this thread.

3. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Good question.

I was specifically told that I was not "obligated" to pay for playoff tickets, should the Jets make it in. I was told it was optional. Was I lied to?

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

No. The PSL clearly indicates you are not required to purchase playoff tickets. If you do not, they are allowed to sell it to someone else.

While the resale on regular season game is not wonderful, I would expect you could profit on playoff tickets by selling them on Ticket Exchange or Stubhub.

5. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Good to know. And, yes, if I were ever crazy enough to pass on playoff tickets, I would at the very least buy them up and sell for profit. Might as well recoup some lost money from the regular season. :smile:

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

why oh why, being a season ticket holder,would you ever sell a jets home playoff ticket???

we have only had what 5 home playoff games ever?????

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

They usually invoice you well before the team even officially "makes the playoffs." It usually occurs 14 seconds after they know the Jets can even smell a playoof hope. And the payment is due in short order... almost immediately. Miss the due date by one day and you're out.

8. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

There would be about a 0.000000000001% chance of me ever skipping out on playoff tickets. I was asking mostly just to know if I was lied to. :up:

9. 17a_tailgater

i wasnt accussing you i was asking in general why would a sth put a price tag on that. its invaluable to me.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

100% confirmed the Fireman is not in Pepsi corner, that leaves 3 corners he maybe hanging out in>

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

guy I worked with paid in full for two 15k psls, he got a refund check for 10K after he refused buying more PSLs or crediting towards next year tickets. He was like my tickets are only $2,800 a year, I am not prepaying for over 3 years worth of tickets. They then cut him a check.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I think given huge psls fees and amount of people who bought PSLs just in their name will be selling playoff tickets this year if they have great seats. Lets say you had four row one section 110 in your name alone you could sell for $5000 for a single play-off game and you could pick up a single ud ticket in parking lot for $250, would you do it? I would.

13. 17a_tailgater

people where asking me about if the jets made it would i have sold my super bowl tix for an extreme price???

NO WAY

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

SB, never.

However, if I could make anywhere from ~$1,000+ profit from selling my LLE tickets and then buying UD tickets to the same game, I don't think I'd hesitate.

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If the make the Super Bowl, I guarantee you that my seats will be up on StubHub as soon as it is confirmed. Even with tickets, it is an incredibly expensive trip.

Superbowl Tickets: FV = $1000 for a pair. Sale Price = $6,000 total. The $5,000 profit would pay off the entire cost of our PSL's.

In the end, it will make the baby's college fund look better.

16. 17a_tailgater

you dont need to tell me. i went to this years super bowl.and the jets didnt even make it.

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Roughly what is the cost of playoff tickets? Say your regular season tickets were $140?

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Friends and family were shocked when I told them this was my plan if I had the option this past year. At this point of my Jets fan career I will be thrilled to ever witness an AFC Championship victory amongst my own kind, in the stands, but The Super Bowl? Well, the Super Bowl is becoming, the super bowl is now, kind of... bullshit. Sure I'd like to win one, but the thought of dropping 5 to 10 grand on a disappointing Jets loss would absolutely kill me.

Being there in shitty seats doesn't appeal to me anymore. I wish for a home AFC Championship and partying all night afterwards even if it's in Lot fucking P.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mar/1818705740.html

Not sure if I qualify to post a link, but check out the job listings on Craig's List today and search "Meadowlands" or "Marketing".

There are ads for "marketing representatives" at the New Meadowlands Stadium, to do promotions, and the work dates listed for the job are all the Jets/ Giants home dates. It's for a "major" telecom communications company. Gee, wonder who that could be Verizon Corner people?

Boy or boy the enticements to this stadium keep getting juicier and juicier.

Imagine finishing the journey all the way from Lot P, only to be confronted with three escalators and another 10-12 minutes journey only to have Verizon salespeople in your face? Maybe the Verizon marketing reps will pitch us as they pat us down for contraband. Sort of a dual-role since they have your attention (Pay me for that idea Woody!)

I tell ya - had I paid a ton of cash for nice PSL seats, I'd hate to walk into a trade show environment on game day. I'd probably take a swing at one.

20. 17a_tailgater

come on buy FiOS