Pouha

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETS, May 8, 2006.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Good post TB but bad technique and bad motor and 27 years old isn't a good combination. Unlike a 22 year old this guy isn't a boy going against men, he is a man going against men who know what they are doing. A younger rookie would be learning and growing stronger at the same time Pouha has to do it now or Mangini will cut him. I think they passed on Giles because he lacked a motor and descipline, how long do you think they will put up with a 27 year old with no physical upside?

2. al kickurass

al kickurass New Member

I agree good post ThunderbirdJet. I like the fact you proved your points, rather than simply stating your opinion. Seems like so many people on here simply put in their cents in one sentence (of course they are usually the ones with 1000 posts).

Pouha is definitely not a bust by any means, since he is only in his second year. I don't take much from how Herm developed any of our players. He always seemed loyal to vets, where the young guys would sit until a vet got hurt. Pouha has lots of time to develop still and could play solid this year. Of course, at the same time he is a risk - so signing Grady Jackson would be a nice back up plan ... just in case. If we can't stop the run, it is going to be yet another long year.

Also, it could be a good thing that he doesn't have as much wear on his body, like other DT who are 27.

I disagree on the notion that because Pouha is 27 he has no physical upside. Anyone, has physical upside if they train properly. He can still regain quickness, strength, agility ... if he so chooses. Obviously, one's physical abilities diminish as you get older. However, with proper training, people can still improve or at least maintain their bodies.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

After seeing Ellis' comments on Pouha, I thought this might be an interesting time to bump an old Pouha thread.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hehehe, 51pa.

5. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

So... going into the 2010 season, was Pouha still a bad pick?

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

our defensive front schemes completely changed when pouha went in for big jenks.

pouha playing NT takes Bart Scott out of the equation due to Scott having gap responsibilites.

Pouha can not shut down the middle of the field the way Jenks does.

7. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

HA HA, well played TBJ. Your analysis has turned out to be pretty prophetic as Pouha has developed nicely while most were ready to throw him overboard. Patience is not a strong suit around here!

This makes me wonder if there is hope for Gholston developing as he enters year three. :breakdance:

8. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

The same is true of most everyone in the NFL