17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

upper deck 50 yard line view
    [​IMG]

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Hermano, I haven't 4got about you.

Just got my workstation back up...doin a lil tweakin' so I can get them vids 4 u.

btw, I have some HD vid of the stadium from the minicamp..that's going to be the 2nd vid I get up this weekend after my 360 unboxing ... :smile:

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

4. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Great thread 17a_tailgater and great pics on page 1. It's kinda funny reading the sentence on page 1 where the reps state that they will sell every seat in the house and now being a couple of weeks away from the start of the season and seeing how things are. Again great pics and great thread which has lasted over a year!

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

thanks almost at page 400
    7965 posts

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If anyone is watching the World Cup match on right now, the empty seats are in the lower sections of the lower bowl. Why? It is hard to see much from a low angle.

#7966 Digetydog, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wow it sounds to me that I came out of all of it in pretty good from all the stuff I have been reading here with my front row SL UD seats. That is good news. I am now looking foward to see them in person next year when the NYJs slaughter the NYGs.

8. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

in that particular stadium they were blocked off for some reason, if your watching the other games there all full

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Do you think the Jet reps have a cheat sheet in front of them regarding the "standard answers " you get when you call them? I mean they ALL basically say the same thing and much of it is BS yet they all give the same damn replies--unless of course you are interested in a PSL or are a new purchaser then the story kinda changes huh ? :breakdance:

10. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I remember it like it was yesterday and it was last year--> My cousin Mark called about getting tickets and was offered downstairs 40 yard line and me with my Uppers was told nothing was available. I called a few times , same answer "no nothing available there" was even told that my cousin was "wrong " and not offered FREE PARKING for preseason---now keep in mind I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS YEAR, this all happened last year. But as Yogi said it "is deja vue all over again" unreal!:breakdance:

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

actually, I was watching empty seats - not blocked off seats. I could tell b/c there were fans in some seats and empty seats beside them. The fans were easy to spot b/ci they were moving about and waving things in the air. It was during the South Korea v. (one of the "guay" countries) 2nd round match.

If you look at the seating plan for Manchester United, you will see the seats closest to the pitch generally cost the least.

13. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Delete duplicate post

14. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Nice find on the Manchester United seats thing, i guess i was watching a different game idk though. I rember seeing like a blue tarp, pool cover material kind of thing covering alot of seat. It may have been a different game

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

In all fairness, most, if not all, of the World Cup venues are set up to host track and field events. I would bet the first row at NMS is about row 10-12 at those soccer stadiums. At NMS, I really think people are going to like sitting in Rows 15-35 in the lower bowl. Close to the action, but high enough to see the entire field.

While it is exciting to be near the action, really low seats (especially in the corners) can be a problem for viewing. When I was in college at the Mighty University of Texas, Memorial Stadium had not been renovated and still had the track. Our student tickets were typically in row 5-10 between the goal line and the 5 yard line. Between the curvature of the field and the poor angle, we could see nothing going on at the other end of the field. Basically, we could see: our end quite well and Bevo taking craps in the endzone.

#7975 Digetydog, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

#7976 CT. Jets Fan, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  17. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Not sure about how that picture was taken, but the view from the 50 Yardline in NMS is ALOT better than that.

PS: Welcome back, Ari..just in time !!

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yeah that is one crazy ass view, and you can even tell that its not from Row 1. Its almost like if something was floating above the seats and looking at midfield.

Row 1, Upper Level would have been ideal seats. I would've said FU to PSL's for those seats.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It looks like a wide-angle lens was used from the UD, Row One. The actual view in person seems better than this.

20. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I think its taken from the walkway behind the first 4 rows.

And I think your right..pic was taken with some sort of wide-angle lens.