17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

In all honesty are there THAT many people who are purchasing the PSL's only to try and re-sell them for greater value in 1-3 years? I think most people buying the PSL's are diehard fans who can afford them and want to sit in either the Lower Level or Mezzanine areas of the stadium.

Just my $.02

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Or you could put it that way.....

3. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

If nobody wants the uppers, more room for me and my tailgate in Lot B. I'll take that. :smile:

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Historical Ball Possession Location in old Giants Stadium.

In wall street journal today is a soccer chart that shows control of ball flow in world cup game. Shows location on field where shots were taken and traffic pattern of field, interesting certain parts of field soccer players rarely entered and certain parts of field they were closer to sidelines. It also showed based on minutes how long the ball was in each location.

Wow if something like that existed for Jets last 50 years that would be amazing. It would pinpoint the seat on the lower level that is actually the best seat in house to sit in. It may or may not even be an expensive PSL. Who knows.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I agree 100% with you. My point was the only way to make money on a PSL resale is to sell it while stadium is realatively new and team is doing great.

No real fan would do that. Therefore real fans should not be thinking about PSLs resales.

My wife said to me you do realize you are stuck with those damm tickets for life, you may end up taking your three year old daughters future husband to games with you. I said sounds like some good bonding!

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't like Fester and will not deal with him anymore. He stiffed me last year. How do you know Fester?

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

1.you put the money up for fester and agree on a payment date
    2.fester is running behind on bills and promises in another week he will have said moola.
    3.fester doesnt return calls
    4.fester than drops off $200 in good faith and promises he just needs 2 more weeks
    5.preseason games are upon us and fester really doesnt want to go to preseason games nor does he want to pay for them.
    6.you and fester are no longer friends
    7.you know have unwanted tickets and parking pass and must become a salesman.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Lot B is a very good option on paper but it's very tiny. Everyone should remember that the only exit off of 120 for Lot B is off of the southbound side of 120. So if you give this a shot and Lot B is full and they are turning you away, now you have to fiddle-fuck around trying to skirt around the east side of the Izod to the numbered orange lots.

If you're coming from the north, this is not too much of an inconvenience. If you're coming from the south, as 17a and I do, it's an inconvenient nightmare. Circle around the Izod to pick up 120 south, then miss Lot B becasue it is closed, now circle around the Izod again and park in Oshkosh.

The whole thing is a fucking disastrous nightmare. The "traffic experts" who planned this ought to be shot. Or maybe they planned it okay and Woody overruled it to use the inconvenience as his temporary punishment/sales tactic. Freaking bastard.

9. Section 227. Row 5

8. You tell Fester you have his Pats tickets ready for pickup and when he comes to pick them up, you pistol-whip him, shove the barrel in his mouth and tell him he can have the Pats tickets when he lets you fuck his wife up the ass while he watches.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I sold my mezz seats to fester last year at face. Row one with parking nine game package I eat first game. Guy said check is in mail, three times.

Finally I am getting really pissed he tells me he is splitting ticket three ways so six people people need to pony up cash. I am like wtf. Then he goes we are having discussions about dividing tickets. Well he did mail me check but what an annoyance. He was a good friend.

My favorite was so how did you divide tickets. Answer was Person one gets to pick two best games but eats the one preseason and then the remaining two flip a coin and who ever wins picks third best, loser picks fifth best etc.

JC I was like I am selling 20 yard line row one mezz tickets and these guys are making it seem like they were buying the empire state building. Nowdays I stubhub early what I know I can't go to.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Just curious why do you want a man watching you have sex? You are a kinky mofo of a grandfather.

12. Section 227. Row 5

My cousin calls me up a couple of summers ago. His son is like 25 years old and a huge Browns fan. So he tells me his son wants to go the Browns game with 3 of his friends.

"No problem, I'll set them aside and I'll sell them to you for face." The tickets arrive and I call my cousin, "Tell your son to mail me a check for $480 ($115 X 4 + $20 Parking)." So I'm waiting and waiting. Finally the season starts and I call him back. "My son's getting the money together, he'll have it all by Friday." "Okay," I tell him, "I'll mail the tickets today and look for the check early next week after he mails it on Friday."

I mail the tickets and next week comes and goes. The following week I call again and he tells me his son's friends are having trouble getting the money together but it'll be anyday now. Now I don't have the tickets, nor do I have the money. Now I'm getting pissed.

Another week goes by and I'm like, "Hey, tell your son to either pay or mail the tickets back. WTF is going on here?" It's a pain in the ass, I'll tell you.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That is why I sold two games in November on Stubhub to strangers that later were for sale for $15 bucks on line. Friends would have been you sold me tickets for $210 a pair I could have got for $30 bucks.

My college buddy and I are taking train to opening day game and looking for a place to drink in lot!!! Who will invite the famous rowonejetfan? I will bring as many tall boys as I can carry!! Taking train cause I am going to game straight from work.

14. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

If anyone buys UD tickets with the intention of reselling the "PSL" at a profit, they are a moron. My suggested Personal Seat License was geared toward people who bought UD tickets and decide not to go anymore.

My example assumed: you don't order the tickets until Fester gives you the money. If you don't want to go to the games, don't order the tickets and walk away from the deal. But - you have made $1000 on the deal.

15. 17a_tailgater

if your not buying tickets to attend the games,let someone else.i hate people who buy multiples to sell off for profit.

if you buy other seats so frindes can buy them off you fine. im cool with that.
    it was the sth who bought 8 to sell all of them online for profit and never let the waitlist move.

16. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Agree completely, since there are going to be so many seats available and the resale value will be so low as all of you are stating and assuming then someone who would pay face value for UD could pay the same price for LL. Hence LL tickets will be easier to sell especially in some sections where the price of the ticket of face is 120 compared to UD where its around 100, people will splurge the extra 20 for a much better seat

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

There are valid reasons for this. My BIL has section 142 row 13 seats on 25 yard line and UD seats. His plan is he takes clients to two or three games a year in PSL seats and firm lets him expense ticket plus PSL cost for those games. Every other game on those seats he sells on stubhub till PSL is paid off. He has good UD seats too. He sits there when he sells his PSL seats and when he takes clients to PSL seats he sells those UD tickets at face to co-workers or me. Plan is to dump UD when his PSL is paid off.

18. 17a_tailgater

im not hating anything anyone does in this new stadium. every waitlist member season ticket holder had a chance to buy tickets.

it was years past where the ticket price was reasonable and people owned 22 tickets and resold them for a premium.

this is exactly what happened to our real estate market.houses worth $200,000 where selling for $350,000 and being bought bY people who couldnt afford a $150,000 home.

hence no money down psl's cant afford it after 2 years and then the market is flooded and the price drops like a fucking anvil on the road runners head....

FUCKIN IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE ARE RUINING AMERICA

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Problem in PSLs and housing were people bought crap boxes, busy roads, bad schools, tiny houses, no basement, no garage and when market falls buyers get very choosy. In end you could not sell a bad home even at a loss. But with no money down mania people bought any crap box thinking the bigger idiot was coming down the road.

TC, LGL and LSL rows 1-7 and most aisles were gone by time of price cut and no money down. When PSLs tank and people are selling them for remainder of balance on loan and it is a buyers market only the best seats will sell. You will have to pay someone to take over your remaining lease payments on row 33 TC in middle PSL.

I am amazed that 100% of seats almost sold in TC corners. 75% of seats in those four sections suck.

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Lot B is a little bigger than it looks on the satellite photos. But you are right. If you plan on using this lot, you better prepare to get there super early and wait outside the lot for it to open.

Otherwise, junk it and head over to IZOD.