Ladanian is Ladone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Jun 20, 2010.

1. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

But what would that prove?

I think his point is that Thomas Jones would have a better year behind your OL than LT will...

Comparing LT behind one of the best OLs vs. TJ behind one of the worst is pointless...

2. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Who cares if he cant do anything on a terrible team.

The point is that he would have done a better job behind your OL than LT...

And I know "LT isnt replacing TJ. Hes replacing your #2 RB, and Greene is replacing TJ". But why didnt you just have Green replace TJ as the primary RB... and have TJ take the role of the #2?

TJ wore down a little towards the end of last year with the full workload... but if you were using him to spell Green, he would stay fresh and still produce throughout the season ala Ricky Williams...

3. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

so then we wouldn't have anyone to catch out of the backfield. that's great for a young qb.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Reading that that was a massive waste of a miniscule amount of time.

5. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Thats yet to be determined, you are completely clueless. I believe that LT will do better behind this line then TJ would have done this year. LT is a better pass blocker and can catch the ball out of the backfield

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What a joke this guy is. His article shed nothing new on Tomlinson. While the coaches are high on him, no Jets fan is going around saying LT will dominate this year. I'm sick of everyone saying he is done like that will severely impact our season. I just hope LT shuts these people up for unnecessarily bashing him.

7. 624

624 Banned

I stopped reading after the title.

"Ladone" really?

8. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Ya... b/c you are just DYING for receiving targets, lol. You have 3 good WRs and a good TE.

Your young QB doesnt need a "receiver" to feature out of the backfield. Just need a RB who can catch an occasional checkdown swing pass... which TJ or Greene are capable of...

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He needs a checkdown option out of the backfield. No one was raving about Shonn Greene's hands coming out of the draft and Thomas Jones was a fucking awful receiver. Tomlinson is also great at pass pro, something that Greene is still learning and something Jones was sub-par at.

Plus, one of those WRs isn't going to be able to practice or play with the team for 4 weeks and is going to have an adjustment period for the next 2 weeks after he returns. And why not give your QB more to work with? Is it really going to hurt him to put more talent around him?

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've been arguing with this schmuck on Twitter all the time.

He's with out a doubt a jet basher.

If it was Bart that did write this, I just assumed again.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

At least someone gets the point. When did this board become a bunch of clueless emotional homers? It used to be about actually, you know, talking football. LT has looked done for years. Hopefully, he can provide some secondary RB duties like catching and blocking, but anyone here that actually believes he will run the ball even as good as TJ could have is fooling themselves.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I hate Bart he just makes shit up.

Other beat writers have been saying the exact opposite. I wasn't a fan if bringing him in here either. But if you compare our 2 starting rb's last year to this it's close. Leon and TJ vs LT and SG.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

LT will be a great goal line back.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

This is just filler. Everything in this "news" could've been written two months ago.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Comparing TJ behind one of the best offensive lines (2009 Jets) in to LT behind a banged up, shitty offensive line (2009 Chargers) is pointless.

In my opinion, Tomlinson's productivity dropped because of horrible offensive line play and Norv Turner's retardation.

Thomas Jones has absolutely NOTHING on Tomlinson when it comes to pass protection and blitz pickups. LT is also miles ahead of him as a receiver. This was a great move.

Shonn Greene was drafted last year to eventually replace Jones. LT was signed to be a spellback.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Part of the reason he's looked done is the injuries slowing him down for a couple of years. And I can't remember it exactly, but I was sure there was some kind of change in strategy toward running the ball that wasn't in LT's favor either.

I don't think he's done... but I think as a lead runner he is. He should have enough in the tank for a year or two by being a change up back, or catching some passes. The eggs in our basket are for Greene. And providing LT accepts his role graciously, and can be a leader, perhaps he can show Greene somethings that have helped him be an elite back in the league.

It's a bit of a gamble changing up our running game as we are, but it usually is when you are dealing with backs with age and or injuries. When to milk them or let them go is a tough call. I would imagine more often than naught teams get caught hanging on to a player too long. But, given the strength of our OL, I think it's a good risk to try. We'll have to wait and see though.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You're right!

He looked done in 2007 when he rushed for close to 1,500 yards and 15 scores. He also caught 60 passes for 475 yards and 3 TDs.

...and then he looked washed up again in 2008, when he rushed for about 1,100 yards and 11 TDs. He also caught 52 passes for 426 yards and a TD.

LT's scored double digit TDs in every single one of his seasons as a professional football player.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I hope I am wrong, but I still feel Ladanian will never be the same again. It happens to RB's. No biggie. If Greene and McKnight produce, it won't even matter.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Their is definitely a segment of Jets fans that can not get over releasing TJ for LT. Nothing is going to change their minds at this point. So they are going to write this crap and we are going to read it until the season starts and probably longer than that.

20. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

No, never hurts to add more. But my point is that I think you are losing much more in rushing ability than you are gaining in receiving ability.