17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And we make the most headlines of any NFL team every spring. Hell, we're even going to be on television this summer! LOL

2. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I think we basically agree. Low PSL purchasers are at the mercy of the Jets. They (we) just have a much lower walk away price than the high dollar PSL owners. If I have to walk away from my PSL in 2012because of a huge ticket price increase, I will need to pay the Jets between $800-1500. It would hurt and I would be pissed, but I would do it if they are unreasonable. With a $10K PSL, I would need to write a $8-9K check before I could walk away.

BTW - If the Jets have playoff home games, I suspect most of the people in the UD will use their own seats. As for PSL owners, I suspect a large percentage will see an opportunity make a buck.

#7702 Digetydog, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

According to 227 PSL owners are getting it up the ass dry hump style and UD people are still getting fucked but at least they get a tube of vasoline

4. Section 227. Row 5

Here's The Kind Of PSL-Fueling, Price-Escalating,Lofty Expectations I'm Talking About

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1660--super-final-day-of-minicamp-at-new-stadium

'Super' Final Day of Minicamp at New Stadium
    Published: Wed, June 16, 2010 - 4:18pm ET

By Randy Lange

06/16 — This was only the last minicamp practice of mid-June, held on an overcast Wednesday. Nothing to get excited about, right?

Well, not exactly, since the Jets took that practice on the road to their new home, New Jets Stadium. And on their first day of work at their new pigskin palace, in front of a festive crowd of 12,000 fans, everything was good.

When the players, a minute before 11 a.m., first entered their recently finished locker room — spacious, each locker lit like a department store display, green very much the color of choice — the comments went from "Not bad, not bad" to Rex Ryan's "This is amazing. Wow!"

When they came onto the field for the first time as a team, the fans roared. When Dustin Keller caught the first pass from Mark Sanchez in an offensive warmup against air, they erupted. When Rex was caught on the four impressive videoboards, smiled his smile and gave the thumbs-up, they applauded.

And two hours later, the atmosphere put the players and the head coach in the mood of talking about what they expect from this team that was the star of this Wednesday in June, and it wasn't to be the champions of the NFL's offseason.

"It was fun to be able to share this moment with the fans," wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. "We felt their energy, we felt their excitement. We're just trying to keep it going. It's going to help us get to the Super Bowl."

"When you go to the AFC Championship Game, there's a lot of excitement for the next level to get the job done," said LaDainian Tomlinson, who watched that game from afar as an almost ex-Charger before becoming a Jet in March. "They almost got the job done but didn't quite finish, and so there's a lot of excitement for that and that's how it is. People have high expectations. But this team has high expectations."

And as Tomlinson did his own quarter-stadium high-five lap for the fans chanting his initials, QB Mark Sanchez said those expectations "have got to be that way. That's kind of the way it goes here, and I think we've understood that. ... We want to win the championship. We're not afraid to talk about it."

Nor, of course, is Ryan
    , who went over the strengths of his team, many of which were on display at this practice, and concluded: "We're loaded as a football team. I keep going back to what my dad said: 'Just don't mess it up.' And I don't think we will. This team has no excuses. Our team knows it — we're chasing a Super Bowl."

The practice itself was, needless to say, a practice. Some super moments were to be had on both sides of the ball, some not as super. But Sanchez liked not only the ambience but the presentation on this day.

"I thought we looked all right," the quarterback said. "It's very early to say and I'm a tough critic when it comes to us, and I thought we did pretty well. We've got plenty of mistakes to correct, personally and as a team, but that's to be expected. We'll get some of those kinks out now. We get a chance to get away, then come back refocused, refreshed, ready to go."

Sanchez declined to get caught up in an early "If you were a tree, what tree would you be?" Super Bowl hype week moment when he was asked, "If Joe Namath was Broadway Joe, what does that make you?" "I'm just Mark," he said.

But Ryan, while not elevating Sanchez into the Namath pantheon, stressed again how far Sanchez has come. "No player I've been around has worked so hard in the offseason as Sanchez has — no player," Rex said. "The strides he's made this offseason are absolutely great."

Those are the strides he's made rehabbing from his February knee scope but also the mental leap he's trying to take in mastering coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's offense.

"I feel great. I wanted to attack this minicamp, take care of the ball the best I can and a lot of the offensive stuff I'm trying to master with those extra hours I put in with Schotty and Coach Callahan and Coach Cavanaugh. That's what I wanted to acquire and I felt I had a chance. It happened because I was physically ready to compete thanks to the trainers and the strength staff."

Sanchez is also attempting to acquire this new stadium as his own. It will be the Green & White's as a team, obviously, but a young QB has a chance to make the fans his own and to call a new stadium his personal address with the right start to the second year of his nascent career.

"As a team, that means the world to us," he said of the Jets' reception today. "We really feed off our fans. We felt it that last game against Cincinnati at home. We want to get a playoff game here. I think the fans feel that, too. Hopefully some great things will happen in this stadium.'

That's the plan. But the Super Bowl talk, as heady as it is, will now go on the shelf for some six weeks before the Jets reconvene for the start of training camp at SUNY Cortland. That means a lot of beach/party/travel time, the last of the calendar year.

Or does it?

"That trophy's staying on my mind," said Cotchery. "I'll take a little time off to rest, but then it's going to be back to training because we've got a Super Bowl to win."

See-Saw Battle

Tomlinson was a definite crowd favorite. He and Shonn Greene broke back-to-back runs in 11-on-11 work that brought big cheers (but keep in mind no shoulder pads and no tackling).

The battle of the NFL's No. 1 defense and the Jets' improving defense could be felt in 7-on-7 red zone drills. S James Ihedigbo broke up a Kellen Clemens pass for rookie TE Jeff Cumberland in the back of the end zone, and then S Brodney Pool did the same on a Sanchez-to-Keller throw and CB Darrelle Revis dived to deflect away a Sanchez slant pass to Cotchery.

But then Sanchez rebounded with a dart for a diving Keller for a tough catch and a TD at the goal line. And Clemens found Santonio Holmes short over the middle for another score.

J-Co Plainly Lost His Focus

This was a special day for Cotchery, not just because of the stadium greeting but because he turned 28 today. And everyone at New Jets Stadium knew it because Mercedes, J-Co's wife, rented a banner plane that trailed a sign reading "HAPPY BDAY JERRICHO ♥ MERCEDES.

"Yeah, I saw it. I did not know it was coming," Cotchery said. "I have a special wife. She puts a smile on my face every day. It was kind of hard to focus on the next play when you're going up to the line and you see a sign flying around the stadium saying 'Happy Birthday.' "

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That is a super article from a super guy about a super team that is about to win the super bowl

6. Section 227. Row 5

And let those Super PSL sales roll, baby.

7. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Cheap Cowboys Season Tickets

After reading this story about JerryWorld, I wonder when Woody will start offering PSL's for the concourses or even the crappers. Reading my PSL contract carefully, I notice it does not guarantee me the right to use the bathroom for free.

Cowboys offer $199 party-pass season tickets for 2010 season

02:29 PM CDT on Thursday, June 17, 2010
    By BILL NICHOLS / The Dallas Morning News
    The Cowboys' party pass season tickets, priced at $199 for the 2010 season, are on sale at
    Packages include entry to all 10 games at Cowboys Stadium. Fans can purchase the $199 party pass season ticket package through dallascowboys.com
    The party pass ticket debuted at Cowboys Stadium last year. The tickets give fans a chance to enjoy pre-game festivities in the plazas outside Cowboys Stadium and access to six party decks located in the end zones of the stadium. Standing room viewing along the party deck rails is on a first come, first served basis. Large video screens with live broadcasts of the game are on the plazas just outside the party decks.
    Party pass tickets do not provide fans with a seat but do allow fans to move about the party decks and open spaces in the main concourses.

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I sat in 142 yesterday for the practice. Seats near the 15 yard line. I thought the view was pretty good. Restroom at the bottom of the stairs was convenient.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

has anyone in the Upperdeck been relocated? Do any of you know someone that has been moved?????

10. jetbo

jetbo Member

Upper Deck

I've tried to be, but they tell me they have nothing better to offer me than what I currently have.

11. Section 227. Row 5

That's the story everyone is getting. At least, that's the polite version.

When I asked my "tour guide" if I could improve my seats, at first that's what he said. Then when I took his position and said, "Well, yeah, you guys are pretty busy selling the PSLs," he came back with the more direct answer, which was, "Yeah, we've got a busy schedule selling these PSLs, can you imagine if I had to take the time out to relocate everyone who wanted a better seat? I'd be here all day moving people around. And that doesn't make us any money."

12. Section 227. Row 5

I think ROJF is right about the vacated UD seats. When all is said and done with the PSLs, then and only then will they address the issue of seats vacated by people who bought the PSLs.

And they'll likely just open it up like the clusterfuck they've been doing all along. You won't get to move your seats, but you may get a crack at buying extra seats. In that case you might have a chance to improve your seats if you tell them you want 6 together instead of 4. Or you can always just buy the extra seats and sell your originals online for one year, then dump them.

13. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I think that's your best bet to even get them to talk to you about it. They don't want to swap anyone out of seats. They just want to sell them.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

15. 17a_tailgater

16. 17a_tailgater

17. 17a_tailgater

3 weeks i bet paving starts.

59 days till our preseason home opener against the giants

18. Section 227. Row 5

There are going to be so many more parking spots after it gets paved. It's almost inconceivable that they won't allocate at least some of the area for UD parking. Even if they give all the Giants Stadium area to the PSLers, they should at least offer something off to the west (left) side of the picture:

[​IMG]

19. Section 227. Row 5

When my wife and I went to the Eagles Concert I was able to park in the upper lefthand corner of this picture where the yellow strip is. Man, that was convenient as hell for the Pepsi Corner entrance.

20. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member