17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

awesome job guys! rojf i will give you credit for this one!!!!

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It wasn't even my rep who told me this though.

WTF.

So I can move my 2 seats from MezzA to 2 in the LLEZ? I've spoken to 2 reps now who told me I cannot.

That is some fucking bullshit that I was lied to TWICE by two different rep's yet people are coming on here saying they had 2 in MezzA and moved to 2 in LLEZ and had no issues!? What the hell. This is just totally f'd up and now I don't know who the hell to call over there. I am really pissed off at this. If others are able to move their 2 from MezzA to 2 in LLEZ, I should be able to do the same thing.

#7602 MurrellMartin, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

whta row and section in mezz A?
    maybe they have a chart of whta seats are higher rated for resale. and your seats are considered a hard sell in ezz A with the psl price and all.

4. MurrellMartin

Row 2, Section 230 -- I highly doubt mine would be hard to re-sell.

5. 17a_tailgater

wow then they are straight fuckin u over.
    sorry

6. MurrellMartin

Yeah, unfortunately I see that. I'm going to call tomorrow and hope for someone new. Or if I get one of the two I've already spoken to I'm going to talk about how I'm seeing people on the message boards switching, etc and see what they say. I'm not happy. I want to save $1,500 a seat, $3,000 in total, if I can. I'd much rather be in LLEZ than MezzA, and not just because of the recent price decrease. I just didn't have the extra $1,000 each seat to drop before the price decline.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What were you offered in LL EZ? If anything....

Lowest row available as of yesterday was 19, are you looking to be under cover?

8. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I had the same problem as you until I saw the post quoting the Jets exec in Newsday. I went online and got the entire text of the quote.
    Then I callled and spoke to a new rep and started the conversation with the quote. When confronted with it, they have two choices:
    1. Downgrade you to LLEZ; or
    2. They know you will call the Newsday reporter with your tale of woe. They need more bad press like Tiger Woods needs more mistresses.

Don't threaten them, be nice, and it should work. If it doesn't, call back into the main number and try again with a new rep.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

CAll and ask for Woody directly. HAHA

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I know lots of people who did it, it was saturdays Newsday that said you could. Laugh your ass off as Newsday is a rag, but that is cablevision who owns Newsday who also owns Knicks, Rangers and pays for the broadcast rights for the Jets and Giants games. They know sports pretty well and it was a direct Jets quote from a press release. You better move quick as at 10am they open up sales.

Section 149 has a few good seats, go there now.

11. MurrellMartin

I"m not going to pay for Newsday, so I won't have the exact quote, but I'll bring it up. Thanks guys. I'm going to call when they open up at 8, even though I sent a pretty pissed off email last night, I"ll try calling this morning.

12. MurrellMartin

I'm on the phone now getting the same answer as before, that I need to add 2 seats to make the move happen.

EDIT: Looks like I am getting moved to 2 setas in the LL after all .. Just waiting for some emails from the person I spoke too.

No emails yet though, and its been a half hour.

#7612 MurrellMartin, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If it's a quote from the press release, then where's the press release. It's not rocket science, if this is what the Jets said they will have to honor it you just need to support your claim

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets slash prices on 18,000 PSLs
    Originally published: June 11, 2010 11:36 AM
    Updated: June 11, 2010 9:27 PM
    By NEIL BEST neil.best@newsday.com

Photo credit: Getty Images | The Jets have slashed prices by as much as $5,000 for 18,000 personal seat licenses at the new Meadowlands Stadium. (Jan. 9, 2010)

Galleries
    See the New Meadowlands Stadium
    Facing a deadline now a mere three months away, the Jets Friday took their boldest step yet toward what so far has been an elusive goal: to sell out their new stadium by opening night.

They drastically cut prices on personal seat licenses for about 18,000 seats in slow-moving sections - about half of which were unsold as of Thursday.

The Jets had said previously there would not be further price reductions, but owner Woody Johnson said the move was motivated by the team's top priority.

PHOTOS: Jets comings and goings in 2010 | Jets rookie minicamp | New Meadowlands Stadium

"I think we're staying with the plan from Day One, which is to be sold out by opening day," he said. "We thought to ensure that happens we wanted to do this aggressive price cut."

The affected sections are the lower sideline, lower end zone and mezzanine end zone, areas where the vast majority of unsold PSLs are located. (The Jets did not sell PSLs for seats in the upper deck.)

The end zone PSLs will go from $5,000 to $2,500 and the lower sideline will be reduced from $15,000 to $10,000.

(An earlier cut on some seats in the corners improved sales in those sections.)

Fans who already bought PSLs in those sections will be refunded the difference between prices. And those in more expensive sections will have an opportunity to downgrade to the newly priced areas.
    Johnson stressed there is "absolutely no relationship" between PSL sales, which are designated for financing the stadium, and the Jets' ability to pay players.

"There really isn't," he said. "We were in that old stadium for 10 years prior to this and I never had a problem paying players. The PSLs are related to the financing of the building.

"Trying to derive a link between one thing and the other makes no sense."

But won't lowering the revenue from PSLs make paying for the stadium more difficult?

"We're in great shape regardless," Johnson said. "We wanted to do this to make sure we're completely sold out on opening day."

The Yankees and Mets struggled to sell out in their first seasons in new stadiums in 2009 and adjusted prices after the buildings opened. The Jets are determined to have all that resolved before the lights go on.

They have promised that regardless there will be no games blacked out on local television.

The Giants have said for several months they have about 1,500 club seats left to sell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow the Jets' active offseason in The Boone Docks at newsday.com/jetsblog assistant general manager bartenders driver medical biller/coder hsa drillers machine shop manager search jobs

view all | post resumeAll Top Jobs
    x close
    medical assistant assistant general manager bartenders driver medical biller/coder hsa drillers machine shop manager sales professionals kitchen manager receptionist bank teller marketing paralegal a/c service technician chenical sales auto sales pizzamaker accountant part time seasonal auto mechanic dental technician medical biller carpet cleaning tech construction estimator receptionist stockbrokers electricians salespeople housing assitant college grads automotive air conditioning sales lithotripsy technologists window installers education - site director machinist nurse medical receptionist accountant medical collector licensed optician nurse accountant sales sales registered nurse-pt accounting/ap accountant receptinionist full time/part time restaurant mortgage closing coordinators auto service advisors driver dump trailor security guards restaurant positions full time construction estimator restaurant - diner wiring technician customer service nurse practioner auto technician paralegal marketing air conditioning tech machinist auto biller inspector air conditioner receptionist/dental sales locksmith sales executive nanny & housekeepers mover rigger hairdresser oil burner technician inside sales receptionist machinist- lathe cnc customer service/clerical porter/grounds keeper insurance sales/cust service driver bookkeeper/admin assistant tire service mechanic sales - inside sales sales inside phone laborer/car detailer mechanic - field service mechanic in home sales professionals customer service rep f/t manufacturing receptionist carpenters/mechanics chauffers / bus drivers air conditioning security welder/fitter auto body/combo/painter/sander/helper medical receptionist estimator customer service rep painter sales inside- chemicals administrative assistant legal secretary driver - dump trailer secretary dry cleaners estimator Add Comment Rate Share Email Print comments
    be the first to comment

15. MurrellMartin

Well its now been 2 hours but the guy who said he was going to switch me hasn't sent me any emails yet. I guess I'll give it until tomorrow and then if still no emails are in by 8am tomorrow morning, call again.

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Like Rowone said earlier, contact the author of the Newsday article and tell him about the road blocks you are encountering.

17. 17a_tailgater

seats just went on sale to the public 30 minutes ago.
    face it he aint calling you Cinderella.take off the prom dress and get nasty. if you want it fight for it. or just take what you got

18. MurrellMartin

Seats are mine. I called up to confirm that the person I spoke to put it in the books and he did and they said confirmation emails won't be going out for a few days since they're backed up and such but those seats are indeed mine.

Section 104, Row 30.

I'm very happy!

Thank you RowOneJetsFan!

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Congrats, good job.

20. 17a_tailgater

congrats on your seats.