2010 Mike Fatcesa Thread (Jets related only) Admits he is anti-Jets on 8/10/10

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

NOT going to happen.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Unless it's a shitty bar with local service only, I don't think so. Most bars that I have been to that are worth a shit have Sunday Ticket. And Sunday Ticket doesn't get blacked out.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Someone in another thread mentioned that even if you had Sunday Ticket, but were in the local viewing area, you were still blacked out. That's not the case?

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The Las Vegas Hilton doesn't black games out either but I have a hard time thinking Jets game will be blacked out.

And how can he say the Giant fans are the most loyal in sports? How many quit on the team going into the year they won the SB? All I heard was I'm done being a fan of this team until they fire Coughlin from these guys. They get lucky and all of a sudden they're the most loyal... has this guy been to a Packers or Cubs game?

5. abyzmul

He can say that because he has no accountability and he knows it pisses off half of his listeners enough to keep listening and keep getting pissed off. It's his schtick, and it pays the bills.

6. abyzmul

I wasn't aware of that, but it may be possible. I've never lived in an area that blacked out any games. I'm sure some of the Dolphin fans that are posting here could shed some light.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

All my friends that are Giants fans will turn the game off in the 4th quarter if they are losing by 2+ touchdowns. Very Loyal.

8. fr0zensm0ke

fr0zensm0ke Member

Wow that would really blow... I don't think that's the case though.

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

It would be blacked out.....and then DTV would ask for a rebate...and then Congress would remove the anti-trust exemption on TV negotiations......net-net: no blackouts are happening here in NY.

10. JetsKickAss

It is the case...but it doesn't matter because Goodell isn't writing rebate checks to DTV/ESPN/CBS because Woody overpriced his PSL's.

No blackouts are gonna happen....see my other thread.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I have Sunday Ticket (have had it for many years) and there are black outs. First of all, the locally televised games are not on Sunday Ticket, but can only be seen on the local channels. Directv puts the NFL games on channels in the 700s. Let's say the Jets game is on channel 707 on Sunday Ticket on a particular Sunday and on Channel 2 (CBS) in the New York viewing area. Those of us with Sunday Ticket can only view the game on the local channel - Channel 2. The Jet game is not available on the Sunday Ticket channel. This applies to nationally televised as well. If there is a late game televised on the local FOX channel - 5 in New York - that does not involve a New York team, that game is not available on the Sunday Ticket channels. So, if a future Jets game is blacked out from the local channels, it will be blacked out for Sunday Ticket subscribers in the New York area.

In addition, blacked out games are not shown on Sunday Ticket Channel Game Mix, which shows 8 games at once on one channel. I'll use Jacksonville as an example. While the Jaguars game could be seen on its designated Directv channel, their home games were not shown on the game mix channel. This is to prevent those in the Jacksonville area with Directv from "watching" the game through the game mix channel when they were not supposed to have access to the game.

12. abyzmul

Yeah, that makes sense. At least more sense than the idea of blackouts themselves.

13. JetsKickAss

Remember folks: most of the blacked-out cities have TV affiliates NOT owned by the parent.

CBS Corporation OWNS WCBS-2. It's their most lucrative market and TV station (they only own 8 stations, as per the FCC).

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think that's an issue that is being overlooked, CBS is going to lose a ton of money over this. Not to mention Coors and all the car dealers.

15. JetsKickAss

It is THE ISSUE......CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox have HUNDREDS of affiliates....but each only owns 8 stations outright in the biggest markets. Most sportswriters don't know this.

If anybody thinks that CBS paid billions for AFC football and now won't be showing the Jets in the New York market on their flagship WCBS-2 affiliate (owned and operated by CBS), they're crazy.

16. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

The Blackout will never happen...Lol, I know that the Miami fins have arrangements with local TV stations or businesses to buy up unsold tickets...I'm sure that the Jets would make some arrangements with local TV stations or businesses to broadcast the games as well....

17. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Francesa spewing his Jet hatred today. Already talking about sportingnews picking the jets to win the superbowl and how they were 9-7, and had one good day, blah blah, typical francesa stuff.

talking about chemistry and how it will be the issue. they have too many contract disputes and bad apples on the team.

18. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Haven't you figured out yet that it's just an act? The more negative crap he says the more he gets Jets fans to listen.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Would the Ravens, Vikings, and Bengals game get blacked out ? they are on primetime so assume they wouldn't black it out.

So truthfully we are only worrying about 5 games being potentially blacked out.

20. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

Caller calls in and says " mike how do you think the jets defense and qb will do this yr?" And mike won't answer the question and basically says what do you mean. Do you mean statistically? Do you want sanchez's qb rating? All sarcastic remarks as he hangs up on the caller and never addresses the question.

He won't say what he thinks the jets will do this year. All he talks about is how fluky they were last yr and how everyone is out of their mind for picking them this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.