Your Guide to Cheap Jets Jerseys

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Double Zero, May 7, 2009.

1. Montana

Montana Member

I've ordered through them and loved the product.......the jersey's aren't obviously on equal ground with the true authentics, but I prefer them FAR more than the replicas, or the "premiere" jerseys you can buy through NFLShop.

I want the sewn on name patch, and jersey numbers, so this is by far and away the best place to buy jerseys, imo........but if you're looking for 100% authentic jerseys, you'll be disappointed.

2. JerseyJet27

JerseyJet27 Member

Good look on the new address of the website. My buddys been trying to order jerseys also.

3. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

About 2 weeks ago I ordered a green Darrelle Revis off jersey101. The jersey arrived two days ago and I compared it to my authentic jersey that I have and here are my thoughts on it:

The bad:

1. The fabric on the authentic jersey is slightly heavier duty, but not by much. The fabric on the chinauthentic jersey feels more like the kind of fabric used on NFL replica jerseys. It's only a slight difference though if you feel both in your hands at the same time.

2. There were a couple pieces of thread hanging down that looked like they didn't get trimmed off. Not a big deal, I just clipped them myself.

3. The back namepatch seems to have a bit of extra fabric hanging off the seam where the stitching is, but again not enough to really notice unless you're like right up on me.

4. The "4" of the 24 on the back is slightly too high, you'll see in the pictures.

The Good:

1. Everything is copied exactly right, even down to the Jets patch, the NFL logo on the neck, the Reebok logo on the sleeve, and the size patch on the lower front.

2. The price! $38 including shipping to the US. Sure beats $200+

From what I understand, the jersey101 site is down right now, but they will probably come back up with another site name. To be this site is the place to order from.

Here's the pictures:

http://i45.tinypic.com/20kofhl.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/mcc3dd.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/161eq38.jpg

#1263 GatorGar, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. Montana

Montana Member

Great post Gator....

I found that as well.....I found the material on the 'chinauthentics' to be a little bit more rough to the touch, but not that noticeable overall.

Same....had the odd thread hanging off of it when it arrived, and like you I just clipped them off.

I didn't notice that issue......the Sanchez jersey I ordered originally, the name patch looked near flawless. (to my eyes anyway)

Does look as though both the 2 and the 4 may be a little high........I just ordered the same jersey myself, interested to see if it has the same issue when it arrives.

The sewn on numbers on each sleeve are great as well........although I do find that the NFL patch, and the NY Jets patches on the front, aren't as 'clean' looking as the true authentics.

Precisely.........I like my Curtis Martin authentic and all......but I much prefer getting 7 or 8 jerseys from a site like this over the years, for the price of a single authentic.

www.tarajersey.com

5. Montana

Montana Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=1675650&postcount=1160

------------------------------------------------------------

Just to add to this previous post, I've uploaded a few other pics of the jersey....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sewn on number on arms.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your request Jetskees.......finally got around to snapping a pic for you.

It is tapered, and elasticized....although not to an incredibly noticeable degree....

Arm Sleeve....
    [​IMG]

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

www.tarajersey.com

They emailed me the new website address this evening after I had asked earlier in the day.

I had ordered in the past and was more than happy with the product for the price. Got an away Titans throwback (white shirt, blue lettering) that looks great.

They arrived within three weeks after ordering and paying up.

7. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

i must say i have been collecting jerseys for some time now and not that this one isnt decent looking, but the name on the back looks butchered if you ask me in the close up...from a distance it looks good...dont know if i would be happy with that 15 of my 16 jerseys are real and my one fake is a little worse than that one.

8. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

It's all good, thanks for posting the pictures. I'm definitely not a fan of how those sleeves are designed but at least it doesn't look too tight where you'll feel it pinching your arms.

I think I'm just going to go ahead and order my Revis and Greene Jerseys from this site. The only thing that's making me hesitate now is the size issue. I really don't want to get a jersey that doesn't fit me well.

I'm 5'9'' 160 pounds, so I'm going back and forth between getting a 48 and a 50. I've heard some posters say they seem to run a little big, so I'm inclined to go with the 48, but on the other hand I can wear a jersey that is too big. Too small means I'd probably have to give it away.

Any further suggestions on the size issue anyone? I've read through pretty much everything here and still don't have a good handle on it.

9. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I'm not saying that it's perfect, but let's be real, a lot of people on here don't have a ton of money, are in college, or for other reasons can't justify the cost of an NFL authentic jersey.

If you have 15 real jerseys, then at $220 bucks a pop, that's $3,000 dollars invested in jerseys. Now I don't know if they're authentic or replica, since you didn't specify, but even if half of them are replica that's still over $2,000 in jerseys, and that's not including shipping costs if you buy any online.

I wouldn't walk up to Woody Johnson wearing a chinauthentic jersey, nor would I go on ESPN in front of a camera - but let's be honest neither of those are going to happen. 99% of the time I'll be wearing this jersey I'll be either 1) In my living room, 2) In a sports bar, or 3) surrounded by a bunch of drunk people who aren't looking at me, but rather the game in front of them.

I understand the pursuit of excellence when it comes to craftmanship of things that you care about. However for me, my Jets clothing isn't high on that list. For me, if someone looks at me and says "Oh, he's a Jets fan", then mission accomplished. ;)

10. Montana

Montana Member

In person the nameplate looks identical to any authentic, but for whatever reason any time I try to take a close up, it gives the appearance of the letters being crooked or out of place.

I think it has to do with the fact it's sewn onto another pliable material so in pictures it's tough to get them all lined up perfectly.

I suspect if you go and take a close up picture of the nameplate on your authentic jerseys you'll find it looks the same........but in person, and particularly when you have it on, it looks perfectly aligned.

In fact on this picture I posted earlier, when it was taken on an angle........it looks completely different, despite being the same jersey.......it's more the fact it's a photograph, that makes it appear 'crooked' than anything, I suspect.

[​IMG]

#1270 Montana, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  11. Montana

Montana Member

I'm a little bit taller than you and slightly larger overall, and I went with the size 48....and it fits perfectly.

In fact I suspect you'll be happy that the arms are elasticized......because it my instance anyway, it makes it fit better in the arms.

My sole complaint is that the jerseys itself, wears a little long, and I suspect you'll find the same thing at your height........in the arms, shoulders, chest, etc.....a 48 will fit you perfectly though.

Definitely don't go with a 50.....it'll be too big/baggy.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The S is a little too "essy"....not enough to deter me though.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Some of the jerseys they send out have the wrong font all together.

2 different Titan jerseys I ordered last year had the wrong font, Revis and Edwards.

Same thing on the Jets jerseys but with less frequency.

14. Montana

Montana Member

I took a quick glance at the proper jersey.....

[​IMG]

and the chinauthentic I posted....

[​IMG]

looks like the biggest difference in the S.....is the lack of indentation, on the top right of the S, and the bottom left of the S.......other than that though, pretty darn close.

15. Montana

Montana Member

Yeah, the Titans jersey is one I think I would avoid.........they screwed them up a couple of times, from what I've read.

16. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

i hear that man, i havent been out of college myself that long and i understand the finacial aspect you have...most of my collection are replicas i have 2 authentics, and i have my knockoff...like i said i wear that one too its a thomas jones it was nice def serves its purpose and it looked good but you can tell you know what i mean, i wasnt trying to knock anyone i am always the first one to try and find a deal on a jersey i just try to keep it official gear...but i have a big list of wants right now so i might be headed jersey101's way

17. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Thanks assholes, lolol, I just ordered another jersey. I got the Hartford Ronnie Francis jersey. 45 bucks!! C'mon, I had to do it. It's a god damn Whalers jersey.

18. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

DHgate.com has alot of very good knockoff jerseys as well. Alot of them you can get for $30. I just got a CJ. Spiller jersey last week for $32 and when i compare it to my authentic $200 Eric Moulds jersey you can't tell the difference unless your face is right up on me.

19. Montana

Montana Member

You're gonna be happy with it.......I bought one of my friends a Vancouver Canucks vintage Trevor Linden jersey through that site as a gift, and was really impressed with the quality...

[​IMG]

Best part about it was that it had the actual tie downs inside the back of the jersey, just like the old classics..........wasn't expecting that.

One thing though, I ordered a size 48 (their smallest) and it was still MASSIVE.....too big for me personally, but maybe that's only an issue with the vintage jerseys...........I have a real authentic Phil Kessel Toronto Maple Leafs jersey and it fits nice and snug, I question whether the Leafs jerseys through jersey101 would fit the same.

If anyone's bought a new style reebok jersey through jersey101 I'd love to hear some feedback/see some pics........

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You hit the nail on the head. I got a Bobby Orr jersey from 101 last year, just about to the day, and I fucking loved it. Everything, from the CCM on the back, to the stitching, even a 40th anniversery patch dated from '34-'74 on the crest, even the God damn fight strap. I don't wear it too often, I'm not a Bruins fan, I just love Orr, I get complements. It was a tad big, I got it tailored and it fits me much better, so the Hartford jersey I got a size smaller. I'm definitely eyeballing that Mike Bossy jersey. I already have an authentic Denis Potvin jersey, so that could be a good complement to that.