Fallout: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by 101GangGreen101, May 21, 2010.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well some people started talking about it in the other thread so I decided to make this kind of like a countdown thread or for information

Anyone else think this game will be GOTY?

For any information regarding this game,
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout:_New_Vegas

Game is set to release this fall, this game will fucking rock, you guys ever kill a bunch of supermutants with a Grenade MACHINE GUN? wtfff

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Could have just continued in the Fallout 3 thread. I cannot wait, I loved Fallout 2 and then 3 was an awesome transition to the new consoles. I think New Vegas is going to be much improved on a fairly new idea. Think of how Assassin's Creed 2 greatly improved on the first one... I hope fallout does the same.

3. 101GangGreen101

Yeah we could of continued it there, but FO: NV is a spinoff from the series, not so much a direct sequel to the other Fallout games

I just needed an excuse to make a thread

But I hope the new developers or whatever don't screw it up, the game looks amazing so far

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

It's not a spinoff by the way, it is a sequel to Fallout 1 and 2, but not so much a direct sequel of 3.

5. 101GangGreen101

Yeah it is a spin off, the story from NV has nothing to do with 1 and 2 or 3 for that matter

New place, new storyline, different characters, there's no correlation between FO 1/2/3 and Fallout New Vegas

6. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Well call it what you want, but's the same world, same setting, same timeline, it's just three years in the future.

7. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i'm excited but at the same time scared lol

fallout 3 was one of those games i had a sickening addiction to. pretty much ate up 2 weeks of my life. i had the GOTY edition but after beating the main quest and doing all the other side quests for the regular version,i couldn't even stomach doing a lot of the expansion stuff. pretty much hit my limit as far as enjoying the game

What really annoyed me about fallout 3 was the fuckin overencumbering bullshit. i must have spent 1/3rd of play time managing shit or carrying it back to the house..then waiting for it to load etc. so gay.

oblivion has that issue somewhat but nowhere near as bad. it was much more manageable in oblivion because of spells and the fact your strength wasn't capped. never had to go back and forth anywhere really, unless you were looting a bunch of heavy armor.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I thought this was an add-on, stoked to hear its a full game..

9. ........

........ Trolls

So...more than half the posts in this thread are debating whether this game is a sequel and deserving of a new thread?

Seriously looking forward to this game. I loved Fallout 3.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you must carry a ton of shit. i was carrying around a full aresenal of weapons a few pieces of armor and some other random stuff and was able to stay under the max weight pretty easily. if i went over i would just drop a gun that was fairly heavy and was in bad shape.

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas

Apparently, NV takes place 39 years after the 2nd one.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHv6TYlnP1U[/YOUTUBE]

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Or just do repairs, that uses other weapons to finish the repair, and the weight goes down.

I have read that New Vegas will have a hardcore mode, weight is alot more realistic, if you don't drink water, you die, ect.

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

That's going to be a pain in the ass when exploring.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i would assume that mode would also mean no warping to areas you have already explored. hopefully enemies won't need so many hits to get dropped in that mode or it's gonna be a bitch.

#15 ukilledkenny, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
  16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree, and again, it's an option, the normal modes will be there as well. I would more than likely play on normal mode as I do with most games. That should be the same as the normal in Fallout 3.

I am not as hardcore as others, I try to enjoy the enviroment and get into the missions, I don't expect it to be totally realistic. But the hardcore gamers want this type of play, so it is for them.

And I would agree kenny, I would guess no jumping from place to place, I can only imagine how much I missed in Fallout 3 by just using the pip boy to jump from location to location as I discovered them.

17. 101GangGreen101

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_...eapon's_categorization_in_Fallout_:_New_Vegas

You guys should find this interesting, gone is the big guns category, now in order to effectively use big guns, you must increase your strength attribute with either explosives (Minigun) and/or Energy Weapons (Flame thrower)

I REALLY like this idea, it makes the game more realistic, say for example you have low strength and high explosives you would scatter your bullets everywhere basically being inaccurate, with more strength you can wipeout a room full of enemies

I can't wait for this game any longer, hopefully we don't see any delays, I need this game come fall haha, I used to spend hours upon hours on this game

Well shit, I was wrong, I apologize, well in that case, the 2nd Fallout will have a lot of similarities then to this one... I think the main story behind the 2nd one was electricity? And NV has plenty of it, so like FO1/FO3 the water was the main element of the story, will electricity be the main story of this?

btw if you guys really don't want a whole topic on NV, then just merge whatever floats your boat or whatever the saying is :shit:

#17 101GangGreen101, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

and walking around in suits of armor and killing mutants is realistic...

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You have to carry a ton of shit, you have to scavenger everything and sell it all.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Plus consider this is really east coast vs. west coast, different storyline in terms of factions.

No more three dog radio I guess.