17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

MB - If you are going to be in the area for a few days you might want to go ahead and rent that car. Staring out your window at the swamps of Jersey is amusing for about 5 minutes. You might want to get out and stretch your legs and take in some sights.

There really is nothing near the hotel you are speaking of.

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

227 - Can you do me a favor and report on what this concession area was built to be? It's in section 302 but they're probably in each of the four corners. I know you've probably seen my other posts with the photo asking others to check it out, though no one has. When I was there in Feb. our guide had no idea. Then while investigating "escalator gate" a woman from the New Stadium Commission told me they were concession areas tied-in to the corner sponsors (gulp). That means you might have one big fucking Pepsi machine near your seats...

I'll give you something else to ask about. Are there elevators in this place? I was at Yankee Stadium Sunday and used their elevators for the first time. WOW. Before the game they're packed, but you can use them during and after the game to get down from the upper deck in seconds. My wife left the seats to check out the Hard Rock, and was back an inning later. I figured it'd take her three, minimum. "I took the elevators" Then we left the stadium that way, and it was great. We're not used to elevators in a stadium environment like we are in real life. At least the Yankees, with their 2K palace seats also have new elevators for regular fan use (unless they made a mistake by letting us on them) while its looking like there's absolutely nothing in this stadium to enhance the stadium experience for the average fan in the new Meadowlands Stadium. See if anyone can answer this simple question: What's better about the upper bowl here compared to Giants Stadium?

Regarding the sales push tomorrow, I didn't experience any whatsoever, and would only expect you to as a sign of desperation. Enjoy, and we'll await your report. Meanwhile, find out what the hell this is for me. Thanks!

[​IMG]

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hi Loge,

I copied and printed the pic and will bring it with me to the stadium so i can match it up. Section 302 is almost dead center EZ on the North side. I'll be on the West Side, but will try to make it over there. If I can locate it while a rep is around, I will ask. Or maybe it's almost finished by now. Will let you know.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

Loge..The Yankees did the right thing. Yea they overcharged for the lower level seats but they still kept affordable options in the grandstand and bleachers. While a lot of people have complained about this it's still a better model then the local NFL teams. If anyone should charge a PSL it's the Yankees. I rarely ever have a problem selling my grandstand season tickets and if it's a weekend or Boston/Mets game I can make a pretty nice profit on my seats. Also give you elevators to the top and if it's raining you can have the usher dry your seats. One more thing, a lot of the grandstand seats are covered from rain/sun. Our upper deck seats we get made to feel like crap and are told how to drive to and from the stadium and get hit with a HUGE price increase.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

Your damn right about all of that, this coming from a Mets fan ; ) (who by the way was not impressed with Citi Field in my one visit last year. The park in Phillie is nicer.) We sat in row 9 upper grandstand Sunday and I pointed out to many others that at least in Yankee Stadium there are covered seats in all sections if you prefer to give up some rows to be further from the field to guarantee you won't get wet. While we were "upstairs" in $25 seats nothing else about the experience made you feel as though you were missing out.

We were able to pay $11 for a large import draft up there just like the folks in the lower sections :beer:

The elevators were key, not just to save physical exertion, but because you could get food at a concession three levels down, and make it back in no time. It really opens up the entire stadium to those sitting up there. I also like that while walking around you can run up to the rail and see live action from the concourses. Our new Upper deck isn't giving us that either. very similar to Giants Stadium, except I assume there will be TV's around. (thanks a lot)

I've got to stop thinking about all of this. It's driving me crazy. Others here too, I guess. This is the stadium we will be stuck with for a long long long time.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

Thanks 227 - it should be easy but it's probably closer to 303 than 302. This was the only concession area built "out" into the concourse. It was more in the corner than end zone, and I expect there is one in each corner - Pepsi corner too. i'm just dying to hear some good news about the upper area. Maybe this will be a concession run by one of the "spas" along route 46 - you know, happy ending and that sort of thing ; )

My seats will be 301 - as dead-center as possible over the crossbar. I'm brainwashing myself to think of them as "the BEST cheapest seats in the place" Figured if I had to go EZ, may as well be exactly center. Row 8. Once it rains, all uncovered seats suck. I hoped there would be some type of lounge/bar on each level so there's a place to hide (or to send the wife) to wait out bad weather and still see the game.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The UD concession area is going to be windy and cold. Heck I saw a game once when it was zero degrees up there and we were huddled in the bathroom which was only warm due to all the piss and shit.

UD near an entrance an aisle is good. That way you can run in and out to a concession serving warm food.

However, the last 10 rows seats in the middle seats are trapped and can't be run in and out. Best just to sell your seats or sneak in downstairs.

I personally thing the cheapest alternative for nancy boys in the rain is the visitors side 6k seats on aisle in first ten rows with that lower entrance around row 8. Wife can shoot in and out on cold days. TC sides is far from opening by GHC and enclosed. However, that is only like 50 seats.

Hey plenty of expensive seats suck in rain too so don't worry, low rows in 15K and 7.5k PSL in middle of section on Jets side you are trapped both climbing over people and over 30 rows to the top exit entrance. That is worse than any UD seat.

I have a feeling in the rain Mezz B will be the most crowded part of stadium. But who wants to buy there, same view as front of EZ UD.

I actually love UD sideline seats. Best seats in stadium value wise are 340,337, 312 and 315 row five but the damm Jets would not sell it to me.

11. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

So, I'm scum? Thanks. Blaming the high cost on your fellow fans is uncalled for and idiotic. Blame the team, blame the economy, but blame me???

All of us bought our seats for various reasons. See my past posts for my reasons. I am sorry that I see the value of club seats and the clubs themselves. I originally bought two seats for my wife and I. I then went back and added a third seat so that my daughter can join us at all the games. These are not corporate seats, nor are they sold to a broker.

These will be in my family for many years. In fact, when I added the third seat, we had to change section/row. I insisted on taking my 14 year old daughter to see the seats, as someday they will be hers. If supporting my team AND being comfortable makes me scum, so be it.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

after reading this....I think calling you "pond scum" was pretty accurate.

13. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

I don't get it. You choose your seats based on where you feel comfortable sitting. Since my seniority was only from the late 90's, all the upper deck seats were taken by you old timers.

Like I have stated before, I would have preferred to sit in seats that didn't require a psl, but that wasn't an option. I bought tickets for my family, not a corporation, and not to resell. But you make it personal.

I understand there are some po'd folks because the price of attending the games is going up. But to take it out on other fans just makes no sense to me. But why make it personal MBGreen?

I didn't set the prices, I didn't choose where everyone gets to park. I just want to go and enjoy the games, just like you. I like going online and sharing my sports passion, with others that share it.

I'll enjoy my days at the new place, I hope you do too.

14. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

I find the local Modells have some of the lower prices for game stuff. You can check their website at modells dot com. They often have sales during the season on game jerseys.

15. 17a_tailgater

when i think club i think $15k seats or higher sorry to luump you in soap scum.
    u fall under the late seniority had no choice but a psl.

16. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

LOL....thanks.

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just stay out of our parking lot yellow tag! :smile:

18. 17a_tailgater

corrected that for you

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There were some people with seniority that chose PSL or Club seats too, we had 22 years and chose a PSL seat.

It would certainly suck coming out after a game and someone threw shit allover our car or something.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

Hey, come on now boys this shouldn't be about name calling of those who decided to cough up the cash. I'm as pissed as anyone, but I'll admit that if the money didn't matter I'd be enjoying the games in the new hand job club, or commissioner suites or whatever too. Then again, I'd always prefer to be out in a seat, except of course for the 'happy ending half time"

Money would never affect my desire to watch the Jets. I just don't happen to have any right now... We should all hope that some die-hards are buying some of those seats so the team has some sort of home filed advantage. Let's not buy in to the caste system bullshit.

No one buying a club PSL asked for this either.