Revis wants 20+ mills per season (M. Lombardi)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ray Lewis years ago I'd not argue-

When you can send a CB out there and know he alone can lock down the oppositions best threat that opens up so much for every other position.

Why are Dolphin fans so scared to admit that Revis will eventually be one of the best to have played the position?

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Ray Lewis 7 years ago....you'd have an argument....but as of right now, he's not even on the same plane as Revis.

What's with the koolaid bullshit talk?....Did you watch any football last year?....Revis shut everything down that came his way.....if he would've stared at your mother long enough, he would've caused an abortion...and you wouldn't be posting here.

3. MadBacker Prime

I think he actually would've stopped it right at the beginning.

Interconception or a Sperm defended.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I just find it comical when these idiot rival fans come to the board....and talk shit that isn't even admissable. Come here, and tell me that gholston is a pile of garbage...and you know what....I'll agree with you....because it's the truth.

But Revis isn't the best defensive player in the league?......GTFOH. :rofl:

5. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Wrong. I admit he might "eventually" be one of the best at his position but only a few years into his career, I'll hold off on crowning him the best in the league and paying him an absurd amount of money. It's not talking nonsense as a rival fan, it's common sense, he isn't the best defensive player in the NFL.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lol @ Ray Lewis at his age being better then Revis, the impact Revis has goes beyond the secondary, he allows us to do what we do without him, we could still be a playoff team, but we would struggle a lot more and give up bigger players, next season you will see what impact Revis has on the secondary and pass-rush, he will make his teammates better and that's his next step in his conquest for being the best

Willis and Revis are neck and neck, but I still give my nod to Revis because he can take a player out of the game by himself, Willis is great from sideline to sideline, but the Niners have still given up big plays

Until you give me or any of these guys a truthful answer on whose the best D player in the league, your opinions are pretty worthless

It seems to me you just don't want to admit the truth, and that's sad

7. MadBacker Prime

But you'll pay BM an absurd amount of money??
    Yeah that makes a ton of sense.

BM who could burn your franchise to the ground or Revis who is a great team player and leader.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha...whatever, dude. You're entitled to your opinion....as skewed as it may be. Your "ElleClouds" moniker makes perfect sense....because now i know where your head is situated.

It's going to be fun watching Revis bend Marshall over twice a year.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

if you support the contract your team gave to brandon marshall you are quite the hypocrite.

10. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

Surely the 9.46 Million dollars Brandon Marshall is going to make a year on average is nowhere near the 20 million mark Revis wants.

Also Brandon Marshall has had 3 straight stellar seasons, compared to Revis just 1.

And the Dolphins have a bunch of 'outs' or whatever you want to call it where they wouldn't have to pay Brandon Marshall much at all, say if his attitude did ever turn south.

Look up 'The Truth About The Brandon Marshall Deal".

#250 2010LookinUP, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  11. MadBacker Prime

Revis does not want 20 million, that was false.

BM will start his BS eventually.

Revis had 2 great seasons in my opinion.

You're on a Jets board trying to convince us of what?

Don't forget the draft picks you gave up for him too, and also who is throwing the ball to him. He did not play well when needed to.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I will give you some slack for this because you are a dolphins fan and don't watch Revis on a game-to-game basis, but to say he just had ONE great year is completely WRONG. Sure this was his best season, and ESPN decided to make a big deal out of him, seeming to other fans like this was his only good year, but in reality the man has been a superstar since the day he put on a Jets uniform!! Hell even his rookie year he missed all of training camp and almost all of the preseason games and came in and was shutdown most of the season! Right from his living room to a stellar season as a rookie! Thats why I dont care what it takes we need to lock this guy up.

Marshall is a great great talent and you guys got a good player there but Revis will shut him down when the Jets and Dolphins play. I dont give a crap how much you are paying him and what not to tell the truth so I'm not gonna look up your "truth" thing but I will say that Marshall can't do it alone. Revis can singlehandely SHUT down the opponents best reciever even if the other 10 defenders were high school scrubs- you could always count on a poor game from guys like Marshall- thus making him incredibly valuable IMO

GAH Let the Season Begin!!

13. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Exactly! If these fans think he is worth 20 million a year at the expense of losing other high profile players then so be it, i wish these posters were running the Jets franchise.

14. MadBacker Prime

Good Lord-

HE DOES NOT WANT 20 MILLION DOLL HAIRS.

That's a personal attack on the whole board you should be banned.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

he's not getting 20 million a year...it's a negotiation tactic....not that i would expect you to understand that.

16. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

I think it's basically saying it would take 20 million+ a year for him to LEAVE the Jets. If someone is offering that kind of money from somewhere else - then who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

17. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

I'm not on a Jets board trying to convince anyone of anything. I just saw someone say well if you give Marshall all that money, why not give it to Revis. When yet Marshall's deal is nowhere near 20 million a year.

Sure I'd understand if the money they were getting was some what similar per year, but just about twice as much money?

And I think you mean the pick the Dolphins gave up for him. A 2nd rounder, next year, since they picked up a 2nd round pick this year by trading down in the 1st round. (Something they wanted to do anyway) So Brandon Marshall cost the Dolphins 1 second round pick - next year.

Hey dude, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying don't pay the man very well. Revis is the best cover corner in the league right now in my opinion and deserves to get paid very well. But 18-20 mil well?? I don't think so. I mean he's not the best overall corner in the game IMO - Let alone the best overall defensive player in all the league. Sure every Jets fan would love to call me an idiot right now, but fact is that Revis was beat out by another cornerback Charles Woodson 2-1 (28 to 14) in the DPOY voting wont sit too well with those same fans either I take it.

To me paying that much money to a corner of all positions is just as ridiculous. Corners can be avoided. Corners don't have to be thrown at. Especially cover corners since they don't assist in the run support as much. Just as easily as Revis could take a receiver out of his game, an offense can game plan around Revis and take his services out of the game as-well. Did you forget Brandon Marshall was just acquired by a running Miami Dolphins football team? A team that very often use to allow defenses to stack 8 or 9 guys up in the box because they had no real threat at WR.

You don't think a Brandon Marshall is equally as valuable to the Dolphins offense as a Darelle Revis is to the Jets defense?

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

if your too stupid to understand that revis won't be getting 20 million you should just go back finheaven.

brandon marshall also a few more legal issues than revis. that is to say marshall a laundry list and revis has nothing. revis has been a great one since day one. last year he finally started getting recognition for it because rex plays so much man and just stuck revis on the number one guy all game. nobody else in the league does that.

19. jgangstahippie7:18

Yeah Revis doesn't hit women and Revis also doesn't act like a jackass and get teammates killed.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Oh man, more dolphin fans.

Like termites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.