Revis wants 20+ mills per season (M. Lombardi)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

No, this one doesn't need em.

2. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

There's no way they should pay him $20M/year. This is a team sport and investing that much money in one player would only mean that some other valuable players would not get their contract extensions. Let him hold out, then if he and his agent don't change their tune, trade him for two first round picks after this season.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yes, $20 mil is insane, especially when you are not even a FA. U can demand that much in FA and come down on the asking price, but not when you are pretty much under contract for three more years. I'd be happy if we sign him to a contract extension to around $15mil a season. Like I said earlier, 6 years 100 mil equals less than 17 mil a year. If we can somehow keep that figure to around 15, I'd be ecstatic.

Revis won't get $20 mil a year contract. That's just the starting price. It will come down and Tanny may even have him around $13-15 mil a year.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So let's see..these were the 6 players with the highest average salary/year in the NFL last year and the last one on the list tore us a new asshole when it mattered most..against Revis and co. I think 20 million per is laughable.

* Julius Peppers, Car, $16.683M
    * Carson Palmer, Cin $16.166M
    * Eli Manning, NYG $15.285M
    * Nnamdi Asomugha, Oak $15.155
    * Ben Roethlisberger, Pit $14.664M
    * Peyton Manning, Ind. $14M

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Colts worked with Peyton to get him sponsorship deals to add on to his salary.

Peyton took less for the betterment of his team. No way in hell Revis will get paid 20 million, his impact is huge but he can only do so much at that position.

The QB wins games, while Revis helps to win games. We can't say Revis go out there and put this one away.

So, I agree-

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, if there were only one CB on the field instead of two or three then maybe he would be worth close to 15 or 16. But when the one QB on the field throws for 377 yards and 3 TDs against you then no single CB can possibly be worth more.

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he shouldnt get more than what demarcus ware got per season

8. nastynice

nastynice New Member

good ish :beer:

9. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i must say...this post is the most logical post i have seen. i agree 100%, revis is nowhere near worth 20 million. the dumb dumbs that believe that he is, and say that he was the reason our defense was so great apparently only watch him during games. i will admit he can lock down any ONE receiver, but thats it.....he cant guard the others. he doesnt cause rex to run the defense through him, because other teams can avoid his side of the field all together. if he is the reason that our defense is so great, please explain to me why the dolphins kicked our ass without a decent number one receiver on the team? we dont have to have a 20 million dollar corner as long as rex is the coach, plain and simple. i hope we keep him at a reasonable price, but i dont just want him on our team alone.

10. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

20 mil a year is crazy.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I would give Revis 17 mil per year...He should not be the highest paid player in the league

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

On another note ive noticed a bunch of people saying trade him for 2 1st round picks.

You think thats the best we could get for him ?

I mean maybe if we traded him to a team like the rams where it would be 2 top 10 picks thats one thing.

But wouldnt a more realistic trade be something like Revis + 5th round pick for like a top 10 corner + 1st round + 3rd round pick ? or a top 10 corner and 2 2nd round picks or something ?

Maybe its just me but 2 mid to late first round picks for the BEST defensive player in the nfl who is very young and has absolutely no character problems seems like were getting raped.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

We can probably trade Revis to the Vatican City to take Benedict's role as pope in return for a billion dollars and Deion Sanders encarnate (in his prime). The Catholic church would consider it a steal.

14. nastynice

nastynice New Member

really, i was thinking the opposite. who would give up 2 first round picks to pay a player 20 mill a year? When talkin bout a first round pick teams assume that their first rounder would be a starter at least, two starters for one overpriced starter? i dont know, maybe i'm wrong

15. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

There is a difference between a starter and a future hall of famer though. If revis keeps playing the way he has, he'll be in the running for best DB of all time.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Well you have to remember Revis is THE best defensive player in the league. He can single handedly transform a team.

I would go so far to say if a team like Detroit got Revis they would INSTANTLY become a playoff contender (no not a super bowl contender, but I definitely think theyd have a shot @ the playoffs)s

Thats how much of an impact I think Revis could have.

17. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

I have a hard time believing Revis to the Lyons would make them a Playoff team.

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

They got a lot of offensive talent. I think they can be a mediocre offense.

Then on the defensive side of the ball Revis instantly shuts down the best reciever on the other team, and detroits got decent linebackers to stop the rush I think theyd definitely have a shot

19. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

Yeah well if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle, so.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Detroits got a young qb with a ton of potential selected #1 overall last year.

They have a top 4 wr, a great #2 wr, a great hb trio, an absolute monster in Suh joining the team this year, and a decent #2 corner they picked up in the 3rd round of the draft.

Vandenboch and Suh makes the defensive line legit, revis the rookie corner, and whoever they already got makes their secondary pretty legit.

If a team like them traded for revis I absolutely think they would have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.

#220 dcm1602, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.