17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Throughout your day, do you ever think of doing anything else besides making PSL-related phone calls and thinking about PSLs? I mean, this cannot be healthy.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the broadcast.

To me, the interview with Tanny is quite telling. He refuses to address the PSL issue head on. He's got his talking points and dances around everything else. I love Tanny, but he is definately Mr. NY Jets Corporation through and through.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

at work already.i get out at 3pm and then its over to the meadowlands for reconn.
    i plan on taking pictures of the IZOD parking lots and the roadways.

any other suggestions?

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194370&page=693

Cracks me up, this guy named mullet is bragging he just scored row nine aisle in TC 6k by 7.5k and he posts this pictures on JI showing how close he is too field. Those are great seats, but..

Hope Rep told him that rows 1-4 are still removed, his row "9" appears as a row five. I am always amazed he only got tickets and via annoying reps multiple times with multiple names he got offered multiple LL EZ seats with aisles below row 13. What up?

However his view looks great from row nine aisle. I may just go buy an oxygen mask and go up there and congratulate him.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

funny on train last night I guy heard me talking about PSLs and he was very mad. Very old senority ticket holder who bought 15K seats on aisle by 20K last year in great seats and was extremely happy. Was is key word. He thought he scored a deal being one seat from 20K section with higher priced tickets. Now they lowered 10K to 7.5k to left of him, 20k to right of him is empty and mezz behind him was lowered, he is still paying full price and Jets are still selling tickets as good as he got to people off street. He wasted his gsenority on a pick. He was also pissed with parking, his yellow parking is not even as good as his regular parking was last year but they promised better parking. When I told them they have on the aisle 15k seats next to higher priced section still but now it is free parking no money down and no psl payment till 2011 he looked like he wanted to kill. me. Kill Wooody not me.

7. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Don't be so sure.

8. 17a_tailgater

checked out lot b and lots 26,27,28 & 29 of the izod center today. man are these parking lots the slums.broken pavement overgrown weeds,no sidewalk area for tents. if they enforce the 1 spot 1 car rule i really dont expect alot of big tailgates like the old stadiums on the sidewalks.

but the longer i stayed out there, the more i realized how all the real tailgaters will be partying out there.i have 89 pictures i need to sort thru.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

GHC tickets are now $395 - from $600. Still Crazy I could sit in next section for $150 a ticket and go to peter lugar before AND after game with the savings - screw the free food.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Well if he loves his seat he won't kill me, but there is a pair in the 15k section on jets side against the rail of the $700 tickets still in the twenties. I told him that but he still said, he would rather be on his side as that seat is against the rail and his seat is against an aisle. But still his seat is only very slightly better. He spent his 25 years senority on that pick. He could have went upper deck or front row of Mezz clubs now $195 tickets or 10K section and got price reduction and be in much better shape. He is mad cause Jets made him buy with no information on future price decreases, he is an early adopter and said I love the seats to death and have the cash so he could not risk no being able to see his jets this year.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Next soccer game they should give ten bucks off if you do some weed pulling.

12. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I've been wondering this for a while now...How do the Giants NOT have a Great Hall Club?? Does this club get boarded up for Giants games? Does it disappear? This "Club" for Jets fans, is a $25k PSL with (used to be $600 game tickets) $395 game tickets. The Giants fans pay a $20k PSL, and $160 for these same "club" seats. What am I missing?

13. 17a_tailgater

I'm assuming this Club will be electronic like everythiNg else in the stadium.the outside of the whole stadium changes from green to blue with a flick of a. Switch.

14. jetbo

jetbo Member

Ghc

You are correct, NO CLUB for Giant Home Game Days!!!! Jets GHC Game days will get food and Parking I believe, but no where near as good as Coaches Club!!!!!!

15. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

That's pretty funny if true! Doors locked, lights are off, with a sign on the door "Open for Jets Home Games ONLY!" I was just wondering this while going over Jets vs. Giants ticket pricing. Good to see the Jets are almost slashing some ticket prices in half, but I will still wait them out. I learned my lesson last year, that the Jets don't give a rats ass about long time paying customers. I will see what they have on the table around August 30th... Last year I was pissed off to have to pay preseason tickets, parking, and $115 for Mezzanine tickets. By the time the Atlanta game rolled around, people around me were paying $15 for those same tickets on Ticketmaster. I love the Trump quote "I might be a billionaire, but it doesn't mean I'm going to spend $5 for a pack of gum." Same holds true for these silly $700 ticket prices...the real New York fans know the true price of a game ticket. And it's not anywhere close to $700, or even $300 for that matter. I don't care how many Mario Batali cooked meatballs I'm getting inside of my "club".

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

True statement.

Anyone out there care to admit to actually making real money on the buying and selling of Jets tickets?

Over the years I've seen numerous tickets go for next to nothing in the lot before the game. This is especially true when the weather gets colder or when the Jets record goes south.

And it's for this reason, I realized a PSL would never really gain any value. Maybe 1 or 2 big games a year are where you could make money IMO.

17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

On your PSL contract, where it asks for a signature, just write "contract void" in script. Nobody every checks signatures. If you ever decide to walk away, best of luck to them suing you.

18. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Just a quick question, if your already signed into a contract and their is a price change in your section, are you given the reduction or do they try and keep you locked into the ticket price you agreed to?

19. 17a_tailgater

your locked in.

btw here is a picture of Giants Stadium on friday. on saturday i went there and got as close as the 2 white trucks in the bottom right corner
    [​IMG]

20. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I cant speak for everyone but they reduced our section (LL goalline) twice and both times we were credited back the extra cash even though we had already paid in full.