17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You really believe that?...

Ever heard of credit agencies?

Go ahead, try and walk away from a signed contract especially if you took the loan route....

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Anyone long for the day you could drive your car up to the little booth at the entrance to the parking lot, pay your share and park your vehicle where ever the hell you damn well wanted? Yeah, you bitched about the price but you got over it or found someone to split the cost.

What went wrong? It was a simple system yet it's worked for many years in stadiums around the world. If you wanted a better spot, you left early and arrived early. Simple.

Who sold this pile of dung to the Jets franchise thinking it was better? Why did the Jets listen?

This PSL/parking/tv situation almost makes me want the team to go back to the loveable losers we all fell for many years ago.

How did it all get so complicated?

F'n greed!

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. Should be first come first serve, even if you have a small reserved lot for big shots everything else should be open

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is exactly the kind of unsophisticated financial naivety and lack of business acumen we've been talking about all these many months. I'm sure there are PSL buyers out there who knew exactly what they were doing and that's fine, but then there lurks duped, uneducated buyers like 124.

First off, the Jets don't have to "spend time and money" suiing you... they simply turn it over to a collection agency. If you think you've been hounded unmercilessly by PSL "sales reps," you ain't seen nothin' yet.

The Jets have all your contact information, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, credit card info, etc. Hounding guys like you is a piece of cake for collectors, who will threaten to turn your non-payment information over to all the credit bureaus, bill you for compounding late charges and THEN sue you after they're done doing that. They work on commission... it's what they do. They win some and they lose some, making their money on the ones who pay and losing on guys like you who they've sued and not collected on. But make no mistake about it, they'll ruin your credit when they're finished with you.

And if you complain to the Jets about it, they'll simply tell you it's "out of our hands now," unless, of course, you want to pay off the PSL in full. Naive buyers like yourself don't realize that you signed a contract to pay the full PSL. This is what you agreed to. They extended credit to you as a courtesy, to make it easier for you to make installment payments, not as an option for you to "walk away." In fact, if you check your fine print, the Jets have the right to demand payment in full should you default or be late on a single payment. Read your contract. And in the future, read all other contracts before signing and make sure you understand them and what your obligations are under contract law.

This has been your first Business Law 101 lesson. It sounds like you'll be needing more in the future, but kindly remit $120 for now, otherwise I'll be forced to turn you over to our collection department.

#6985 Section 227. Row 5, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  6. Section 227. Row 5

My gate is still there on the right. Probably my section is still there too. God, that is a depressing photo. What a complete waste of an excellent football stadium. You'll never have sightlines and quick access like that again...

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

If you want verification Jets won't go after you just call this guy.

Mike Levine
    New York Jets
    Season Ticket Service Representative
    Office-973.549.4898
    mlevine@newjetsstadium.com

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's been an incredible year or so watching Shea, Yankee and now Giants Stadium all being dismantled.

I think the aisle I sat along in 122 is the dividing line of what stands and is gone. I think that section's still there. I hope my brother still isn't asleep in his seat....

Can't believe there are still red seats in the upper deck. Do the thieves at Steiner Sports think they have enough stupid red plastic seats to try and rip us off with?

9. 17a_tailgater

what jets fan wants a red seat in his house???

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Good thing I have zero intentions of walking away, but I still hold my belief that if someone wanted to walk away they could without any serious issues following them. We'll see the first time when someone walks away and wishes to talk about it, I guess.

12. 17a_tailgater

truthfully i would hope the Jets chase down people who reneg on a PSL contract. too many time sdo i hear of people getting foreclosed on a house they had no business buying in the first place.and who gets left holding the bag????do you think the Jets are just gonna sweep that money under the rug???? no they will try to resell but will reup season tix prices to recoup losses.

people of this country need to show a little common sense and responsiblity

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I don't plan on walking away, but I wanted to get as much proof as possible Jets won't chase me. That is why I bought a relatively cheap PSL and best seats possible. However, I do know people who sprung for 15K seats in ok locations, they are on the hook for a huge PSL and the scalpers took all the very low rows and aisles so when they can't go their tickets will look like shit on stubhub.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets may not chase a decent seat in the 4k-7.5k section from an individual fan. But those $700 dollar seats with a $25K psl is another story. Guy buys four over there he paid 100K plus committed to 21K tickets each year.

Far cry from a pair in Mezz A for 8K where guy put down $800 and made one or two PSL payments.

15. 17a_tailgater

r-e-s-p-o-n-s-i-b-i-l-i-t-y
    1 : the quality or state of being responsible: as a : moral, legal, or mental accountability b : reliability, trustworthiness
    2 : something for which one is responsible : burden <has neglected his responsibilities

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey you just defined me. By the way I did get in writing from Jets if I die while I still owe money on PSL and PSL is underwater they will not sue my wife and kids for balance. How many people besides me even considered that. Jets told me my widow can sell if it has value or if not just give up seats no problem. Jets told me they are not in the business of sueing widows.

17. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

How quickly did you Google "FAKE DEATH CERTIFICATE"?

18. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahahaaa....... AhHahahahahahaaa....

too funny....

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I LOVE IT. When they go south we will see people who bought 8 25K psls jumping from the brooklyn bridge.

Don't make too much fun of me or I won't let you sit with me for free in the cold weather when my friends bail. Close up you just wait for Rex to fart so you can warm your hands.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Amen brother.