17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Lot M shows up as near the racetrack
    yes there is another walk over. its an overpass that goes from the izod towards the players parking and Great Hall Club Entrance.

2. 17a_tailgater

3. 17a_tailgater

not only do you have to park in certain areas but certain roads will be unaccessible.

uncertainty kills me

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That is where I am parking as I am mentally retarded.

5. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Old Parking Map

17a, Thanks for the old map. The Izod parking becomes a little more clear, looking at this.

Note the new Lot P, which was the old Lot Y, also labeled, "Stable Gate Lot". Think they put us UL's out to pasture?

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

can Giant season ticket holders park anywhere or is there assigned parking there also??? we should all send e-mails and calls to THE JETS----WFAN AND 105O ALSO TO THE PAPERS AS THIS SUX

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good to see you again, man. Hope all is well with you.

You know, I haven't said this before and I thought I never would, because I've been going to games religiously every year since 1985. But within the last several days I've been readng posts by other long-time ticketholders wanting to throw in the towel and just walk way. Guys like yourself who are thinking about it. And I never imagined myself thinkng about it.

Candidly, I'm emotionally torn between putting up with this bullshit and still going, or just cutting my losses at this point and relaxing in front of my 50" Samsung. No driving. No parking hassle. No more punishment from Woody. No annual bill to pay which includes worthless Preseason Games, no more killing an entire Sunday in traffic, (and now) having to sit in more traffic because I approach from the south and will be forced to park on the north side, and no more (now) walking 3 miles once I park my car (which I never had to do before). The Jets are now giving me plenty of reasons to bail.

I don't like making emotionally based decisions, so, like yourself. I'm going to mull this over... perhaps as much as a year. But I have to say that the Jets themselves have put me in a position I never thought possible... that the fun of going to the games in person is outweighed by the inconvenience, expense and hassle to the point of calling it quits and staying home.

8. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Also fed up

227, I'm in a similar position as you. I had tickets in Shea, gave them up and my seniority is now 1984.
    Once the Jets made the decision to join the Giants in this venture, I figured there would be things I didn't like. Ironically, PSLs isn't one of them as I've said, I wish they charged $1K PSL for uppers like the Giants. I'm on the 40 yard line, UL and like it.

There are things I don't like - sharing with the Giants, HUGE ticket price increase (my annual bill is now $5250 w/parking), the process for picking my seats, new class system, and now the parking, to name a few.

That said, I decided a couple of years ago that no matter how they got me for 2010, I'd endure just to experience the new stadium. After that, I'll decide which direction I'll go or give my kids the annual $5K bill and let them decide if they want it (oh wait, I can't transfer tickets!)

I expect huge changes in 2011 - Large secondary sell off of PSLs, strike year, UL seats given up, maybe redo the parking, etc. So, we'll see what happens and will decide by next April what I'm doing.

Bottom line, I'll go this year and see what happens. Sad to say after 26 years and a fan for over 40 years.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

LOL!

Give 'em hell!

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 and the rest I share your pain---------BUT here is my thinking---like you I will mull this over for a few more days, but rite now I am leaning more towards bailing out then staying! I just want to talk to the people I tailgate with and tonight with my family but I honestly rite here and now am leaning more towards bailing than staying which amazes me as I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD/ WOULD FEEL THIS WAY!
    I was willing to try it one year and hope for an upgrade but I do not think any of us UPPERS will ever get an up grade . The way I feel right now .I could care less about the upgrade---this limited parking BS I think is the straw that is breaking my back------it's just about over.
    Have any of you called the Jets and asked for a refund or OUT of your season tickets??? just curious as to what the reply is ?
    PS thank god I did not buy a PSL!!!!

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

PS IF I decide to bail and they do not let me go this year I will be ONE AND DONE!

12. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just a thought, are any of the PSL Non Suite holders upset at the parking as well? Most of here are from the Uppers. It's not like the PSL guys got a great deal either. Just wondering.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

CHRISP I was just reading the stuff they sent and thinking the exact same thing---I mean if you bought 4 PSL'seats you only get 1 parking pass!!!
    I will say it again Thank god I did not buy a PSL!!

14. jetmike

jetmike New Member

I agree 100%. They should have put a $1000 PSL for the upper deck and then we would have had more benefits! I have handicapped parking but the parking sucks for the upper deck. Very unfair!

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

How did we not get a great deal? L and J are excellent locations. K is good if you're one who likes to get out a tad quicker, and D is good for those who come from 120. I'm very happy to have L and J. Quick access to either the Pepsi Gate or the 50 Yard Line Entrance, making it only a 50 yard walk to my seats in the Verizon Corner.

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

It seeme to me that if you have a seat on the sunny side of the stadium, you have some hike to get to your seat. For the money you all paid, you still have to walk through the prime parking area to get to the stadium.

Lot K is like the uppers lot P. And next to the Giants facility, blah!

My asking is just to find the opinion on the PSL guys, not to really cast judgement.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

For me it's one year and done. Talked to my dad today and he told me to relax try it for a year. He talked to my neighbor who tailgates with us who didn't realize how bad parking is. He said to my dad remember it took us 2-3 years with season tickets to find the ideal place to park, way to drive in etc. and with a new stadium it will probably take us another 2-3 year to figure it out again.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Now I have a pic in my head of Jets fans wandering the lots in early September carting coolers and grills aimlessly around East Rutherford.

My group was uprooted when they decided to build the new stadium. We seemed to settle in OK and found a cool spot. Now we are booted out again. We will persevere, like the cockroach!

19. Section 227. Row 5

Fortunately, the Jets have this all figured out for you. They'll tell you where you can park based on where you live and what roads you should take to get in and out. In fact, they're not just suggesting, they're demanding that this is what you'll do.

How ingenius of them... to take all the work out of it for us. Just what I need. Somebody to tell me what I can and can't do, where I can and can't travel and where I can and can't park. This is fucking terrific.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Regarding PSL Payments

This thread began on February 8, 2009, spans 347 pages and contains almost 7,000 entries. Please start from the beginning and count the fucking ways.