Scouts Inc Article on Henne Vs Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xeticus, May 12, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That article tells us nothing other than the author likes Henne more, he didn't provide any evidence to back up his opinion though other than henne has a stronger arm so i guess maybe we should sign Ryan leaf as he also has a stronger arm?

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

10 times out of 10 I'll take the guy that took his team to the AFC championship game. Who cares if QB wasn't a strength on the team? It clearly wasn't a strength on the Dolphins either, but Henne fucked up enough to NOT get his team a wildcard berth, let alone an AFC championship game appearance. Maybe it's a silver lining, but at least Sanchez did what he had to do to make sure he didn't COST his team a trip.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Miami still sucks.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

5. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

"I would like to see Sanchez improve his pocket awareness, stand in against the rush longer and require fewer protectors to keep him upright. "

I suppose that shot he took on the touchdown pass to keller in the afcc doesnt count.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes because they are the only two QBs that matter in football.

7. xeticus

xeticus Member

You guys have to admit this is a nice vigorous debate going on. I like the fact that a lot of the talk this offseason is about the Jets and Dolphins and the Patriots are now the afterthought.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

We have done this debate already. I don't know why it is being revisted again. Unless someone has a new spin on it.

Again, there are more young QBs int he league. Hell even the Bills have a young starter in Edwards, yet it always reverts back to Henne and Sanchez.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

As long as they have Tom Brady, they will never be the afterthought. I hate them as much as the next guy but they'll be a tough out

10. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Not really,only fish fans seem to be interested. Compensating? Afraid? I think so. No Jet fan even gives a shit about Henne.

11. xeticus

xeticus Member

I don't we have anything to compensate for. We like our lineup, we especially like our young QB. And I think with the both young QB's becoming starters the same year that these comparisons will be coming up for years to come.

12. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

is this even a debate? sanchez came into the league and started while henne backed up Cpenn...didnt always look great in regular season but looked steller in the post season taking us all the way to the afc championship game, Whats henne done?

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah I hate when people leave out the little detail about how Sanchez had far less game experience in college, then was thrown right into the fire as a 22 year old ROOKIE, whereas Henne had a ton of experience in college, then had a whole year to learn under one of the smartest quarterbacks in the league, then got to play in his second year after having a year + learning in the system and practicing.

Sanchez didn't even have a veteran to lean on last year.. and even with all that, he still got better and played his best in the playoffs, on the road. As he plays more and more, and has this full year under his belt, i expect him to distance himself from Henne more and more.

14. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

I do think that Henne is farther along, but he has also been in the league a year longer.

I think that Williamson doesn't give enough credit to Sanchez's arm strength. Too many times with scouts there is a perception that if you don't have a cannon arm you can't play in the league.

I don't agree with his opinion on Sanchez's toughness. Sure Henne may take more shots, but its not like Sanchez doesn't stand tough at all in the pocket. I think a good example was in the TD pass to braylon in the championship game. He didn't take a shot, but he did well in the face of pressure.

The biggest issue with Matt Williamson is he forms his opinions too much on a whim. Last year he was ready to take Mark Sanchez #1, now all of a sudden he isn't sold on him?

He also though that Matt Ryan was the next all pro QB after his rookie year. Granted so were a lot of people, but it just show my point, and Ryan definitely struggled last year.

The biggest sign that gives you optimism about Sanchez is his play in the playoffs. Sure he struggled during the year, but the guy stepped up when it counts. He did it in the rosebowl in his senior year in college and he did it this year.

#15 MyFavoriteMartin5, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8[/YOUTUBE]

16. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

so ten out of ten times you will take trent dilfer over marino?

17. la2miami

la2miami New Member

good post, close thread.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not even close to the same. We're talking about two guys just getting off the ground.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Dan Marino made the conference title game and even the Super Bowl. Henne has yet to do either.. really bad point, you'll have to try better than that.